Page 27 of 36 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 ... LastLast
    Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

But let me guess, just because he isn't like that 24/7, it means Snyder didn't get him right. Right? *sigh*

It's more than just the smile, though, it's his attitude, action and reaction in some scenes. Pa Kent's characterization feels off. And those are all images from Man of Steel... No wonder I like that movie a lot more.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    It's more than just the smile, though, it's his attitude, action and reaction in some scenes. Pa Kent's characterization feels off. And those are all images from Man of Steel... No wonder I like that movie a lot more.
    Don't you ever get tired from movin' them goal posts man.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    This is an appreciation thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    This is an appreciation thread.
    "But let me guess, just because he isn't like that 24/7, it means Snyder didn't get him right. Right? *sigh*"

I gave him a reason why people complain about that. He asked.

I thought it was something you all might enjoy. I saw it as a way for the diamond to shine through better.

Man of steel was a great film but it had its flaws.

Finally got time to read Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Official Movie Magazine and there are some really good insights and wisdom

This is my favorite part of the interview

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I just want to say thank you snyder for using the character of lois in such an inspiring way and actually making the world around clark dark. So, that his light has meaning (even though i have issues with his superman characterisation) . I don't know what snyder cut is. But, i am willing to bet that it will be better than the soulless thing we got.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 10-26-2019 at 12:26 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lokimaru View Post
    Don't you ever get tired from movin' them goal posts man.
    He might not unfortunately.

Man I knew the "Loner" Angle is what he was going for cause who can honestly relate to being able to run at the speed of light? The reason the Justice League gets together is not just to save the world it's what Barry says they need friends, peers, people they can relate too. Most people only think about it from the point of view if them relating to the regular man but who can relate to them? Living with Clark would be a nightmare if played straight cause he'd always be leaving in the middle of conversations or constantly distracted cause there's always something going on that needs his attention. They'd need to be able to hang out with a group of people who fundamentally get that. The show was called Superfriends for a reason. Hell look at how tight the Titans are. Do they ever hang out with regular people? The various Leagues and teams are basically support groups. Young Justice gets this the most out of every other show. To save the world you gotta save yourself first or you will fail. That's why I like Bioware games so much, you build this huge support system around your character as the game goes on because quote I-Rok: "No man is a failure who has friends".

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post

I thought it was something you all might enjoy. I saw it as a way for the diamond to shine through better.

Man of steel was a great film but it had its flaws.
    Thanks for sharing. I agreed with pretty much every change, maybe not the final Zod battle changes. But the overall point is to give Superman a more clear arc with more agency and counterbalance some of his struggles with more overt heartwarming heroic moments that feel earned towards the final act, rather than scattered and undercut along the way before all that destruction happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    Thanks for sharing. I agreed with pretty much every change, maybe not the final Zod battle changes. But the overall point is to give Superman a more clear arc with more agency and counterbalance some of his struggles with more overt heartwarming heroic moments that feel earned towards the final act, rather than scattered and undercut along the way before all that destruction happens.
    It's easy to write stuff like this in hindsight plus he shits on every creative thing Snyder and his team do to breath new life into the world. He can only come up with his stuff by seeing what's already there and making changes to that. Makes me wonder how creative he really is or can he just re-write stuff people have already written. Why isn't he doing this in Hollywood? Judging by the latest movies they could use the help. He's all about the script not the Execution of the script, The guy ranks The Last Jedi above any of Prequels that says tons. The Fact that the would be Emperor started a War on his Home planet just to garner the ouster of his political rival and sympathy for his nomination and victory is brilliant. He then starts another War manipulating BOTH SIDES whilst placing Thousands Guns at the Backs of the Only entities in the Galaxy that could stop him. When I was a Kid I thought the Emperor took over the Old Republic in a Coup, Nope, they gave it to him Willingly. All it took was a few lies and a War. We didn't see the truth that the Prequels were a Warning of what could happen to us. What are the New movies even about?