Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Master Hero Vladimir

I want to remain optimistic and offer hope to disgruntled fans, but the saddest part to all of this is the radio silence Warner and DC have kept regarding Henry Cavill and his status within the DC Extended Universe. Warner and DC seem to think that Superman has failed to bring in fresh minds and hearts to the DC Extended Universe, so they think that Aquaman, Shazam and Wonder Woman will save the DCEU. It absolutely baffles me that Superman, the first superhero, is getting pushed to the sidelines.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I think the DCEU is going to end up being like the X-Men movies in that they will soft reboot all the stuff that people don't like and it's timeline will be a mess. Which means that both Cavill Superman and Affleck Batman will probably be removed from history and replaced with different versions. Assuming they don't just jettison the whole thing in five to ten years anyway. The only hang up I see is that wasn't one of the conditions of the Seigel deal that they have to have a Superman movie in the works to keep the character? Wasn't that the reason MOS was just kind of banged out? With no outright Superman movie coming down the pipe, aren't we at risk of the lawsuit happening all over again?
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I think the DCEU is going to end up being like the X-Men movies in that they will soft reboot all the stuff that people don't like and it's timeline will be a mess. Which means that both Cavill Superman and Affleck Batman will probably be removed from history and replaced with different versions. Assuming they don't just jettison the whole thing in five to ten years anyway. The only hang up I see is that wasn't one of the conditions of the Seigel deal that they have to have a Superman movie in the works to keep the character? Wasn't that the reason MOS was just kind of banged out? With no outright Superman movie coming down the pipe, aren't we at risk of the lawsuit happening all over again?
    Unfortunately I think that was a one time only deal. I’d be ecstatic if the deal forced WB to make another Superman movie. As for MoS yes, that’s how momentum on it started. WB needed to make a movie quickly and Snyder was willing to make it in the allotted time and take the script without insisting on bringing in his own scriptwriter like other directors wanted.

If Cavill doesn’t cameo in Shazam then I’m going to firmly be in the camp of “he’s gone”. As it is right now I’m strongly leaning towards him being gone. Snyder’s Superman and Batman were the biggest controversies of the DCEU. Why keep Cavill if you’re not willing to keep Affleckz

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Now we’re just waiting for Cavill to be confirmed gone.
    Probably won't hear one way or the other until WB decides to make another Superman movie. We hear from Affleck because WB is going to be making The Batman and it even has a release date of June 25, 2021.
    So Affleck has already been given the word he is out as Batman. Until a release date for a Superman movie is given Cavill can't really say or even know if he is still Superman.

Master Hero Vladimir

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Probably won't hear one way or the other until WB decides to make another Superman movie. We hear from Affleck because WB is going to be making The Batman and it even has a release date of June 25, 2021.
    So Affleck has already been given the word he is out as Batman. Until a release date for a Superman movie is given Cavill can't really say or even know if he is still Superman.
    This reminds me of the time Eon Productions was developing the next James Bond movie after Die Another Day. Pierce Brosnan was the current James Bond actor and he wished to do one final Bond film. Although plans were made for a film to be released in 2004, negotiations stalled and Brosnan announced his intention to leave in July 2004. Next thing you know, Daniel Craig is the new James Bond. Hopefully, the same thing won't happen with Henry Cavill. Unlike Ben Affleck, we can safely say that Henry was at least allowed to have a real life as Superman's newest actor, considering he does have a solo Superman movie under his belt.

Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

BANNED

Junkie XL is scoring a different kind of big blue blur: Sonic The Hedgehog

https://www.slashfilm.com/sonic-the-hedgehog-score/

Quote Originally Posted by HeroVladimir93 View Post
    This reminds me of the time Eon Productions was developing the next James Bond movie after Die Another Day. Pierce Brosnan was the current James Bond actor and he wished to do one final Bond film. Although plans were made for a film to be released in 2004, negotiations stalled and Brosnan announced his intention to leave in July 2004. Next thing you know, Daniel Craig is the new James Bond. Hopefully, the same thing won't happen with Henry Cavill. Unlike Ben Affleck, we can safely say that Henry was at least allowed to have a real life as Superman's newest actor, considering he does have a solo Superman movie under his belt.
    Henry Cavill did fare better than Brandon Routh. At least Henry got to be in three movies.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatKungLao View Post
    Lmao that’s pretty good although it’s also a bit optimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatKungLao View Post
    And then 21 years later, Snyder's face will be replaced with Joss Whedon's.

"Psst, the entire point of Batman v Superman is that they're both acting out of character until the third act when they come to their senses."

Saw this comment on twitter today... No wonder so many didn't like the characters and the movie.

Whether Henry Cavill gets to be Superman some more or they cast a new actor Superman needs to get his red trunks back. One upside of casting someone new in the role is that it will
    basically be a reboot and thus an excuse to give Superman a new costume. With red trunks this time. Easier to explain than why Henry Cavill is now wearing red trunks.

Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Whether Henry Cavill gets to be Superman some more or they cast a new actor Superman needs to get his red trunks back. One upside of casting someone new in the role is that it will
    basically be a reboot and thus an excuse to give Superman a new costume. With red trunks this time. Easier to explain than why Henry Cavill is now wearing red trunks.
    The trunks are a bendis thing, when he leaves the books, they will find a way to be gone also.

All other media has went trunk less, it's a trend that probably isn't changing anytime soon

Quote Originally Posted by Kon93 View Post
    The trunks are a bendis thing, when he leaves the books, they will find a way to be gone also.

All other media has went trunk less, it's a trend that probably isn't changing anytime soon
    A lot of people like the trunkless suit, so it's not going anywhere. BTW, I'm fine with using both, but for live action the trunkless costume works better nowdays, IMO.

Jorge Jimenez posted this today on his twitter. His nephew Superboy.