Page 12 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kon93 View Post
    The trunks are a bendis thing, when he leaves the books, they will find a way to be gone also.

All other media has went trunk less, it's a trend that probably isn't changing anytime soon
    Are you sure it was just a Bendis thing and not also an editorial decision? A reason other media went trunkless was because the comic books went trunkless. With the trunks back I could see the movies going back to trunks.
    Its not like there seems to be a Superman movie coming out anytime soon so by the time a Superman movie does come out people could well be expecting Superman to have red trunks. Especially if Superman is rebooted.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Are you sure it was just a Bendis thing and not also an editorial decision? A reason other media went trunkless was because the comic books went trunkless. With the trunks back I could see the movies going back to trunks.
    Its not like there seems to be a Superman movie coming out anytime soon so by the time a Superman movie does come out people could well be expecting Superman to have red trunks. Especially if Superman is rebooted.
    DiDio asked Bendis if he wanted Superman with trunks or not and he says he wanted the trunks back.

I’d rather have the t-shirt and jeans look than the trunks. Trunks look terrible.

Kon93

Anything can happen, but bendis made them happen, so you never know

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I’d rather have the t-shirt and jeans look than the trunks. Trunks look terrible.
    I really don't like the trunks for live action anymore. It's an outdated and silly look now, IMO. It works in the comics, though. My ideal would be to keep using both trunk/trunkless in comics and animation, but Not in live action please. I love Superman looking more modern and badass. The trunks are so corny.

Master Hero Vladimir

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    I really don't like the trunks for live action anymore. It's an outdated and silly look now, IMO. It works in the comics, though. My ideal would be to keep using both trunk/trunkless in comics and animation, but Not in live action please. I love Superman looking more modern and badass. The trunks are so corny.
    The Reborn suit would look great on live action.

How does an all blue union suit with a red cape look less silly? Objectively the whole costume looks silly. Breaking up the upper torso and the legs with red on the lower torso isn't going to make the costume sillier.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

I think it'll be a split now on visually between his other media versions and the comics. The comics default suit will always be the trunks version. On TV and on the big screen his suit will likely be some variation of the truckless suits ala New 52 or MOS. Animation will probably use either depending on the project. After all, for years movie Batman was a guy in a solid black rubber suit, whilst his comics version was in the classic blue and Grey spandex look. Doesn't have to be either or.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

It would be ironic if the non-trunks look catches on in other media and we lose them all over again in the comics.
    Assassinate Putin!

How does an all blue union suit with a red cape look less silly? Objectively the whole costume looks silly. Breaking up the upper torso and the legs with red on the lower torso isn't going to make the costume sillier.
    Fashion is a funny thing, ain't it? Funny how to some viewers, one part of an entirely dorky ensemble can make or break a ridiculous costume.

I didn't know where to post this pic but I liked the dialogue a lot. Feels so relaxed and natural. I'd like more of this in a future Justice League movie.

Zack Snyder's son Eli gives hope about the release of the Snyder Cut: https://twitter.com/nexuspong/status...3906822508550/

I really wonder... what was so bad about the Snyder cut of JL that WB didn't want to release that movie?

Maybe Superman was evil a lot longer than what we saw..

I really wonder... what was so bad about the Snyder cut of JL that WB didn't want to release that movie?

Maybe Superman was evil a lot longer than what we saw..
    It was 2 hours+ like every superhero movie. The Darkseid subplot had to be removed because plans for the sequels changed. Some scenes needed to be rewritten to not contradict the continuity of other DCEU movies (WW, AQ). The production wanted more dumb humor added.

So we are getting a Supergirl movie? And sooner rather than later. No word on any Man of Steel 2 or any other Superman movie though.

"And with next year bringing Wonder Woman 1984 and Birds of Prey, there's no doubt we'll see this trend continue for a fifth year as well. Then in 2021 comes The Batman and Supergirl,
    as well as possible one other DC title, so it's safe to assume that will be yet another $1+ billion year from the DC Comics brand."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/markhug.../#57d89b42365e