Page 14 of 36 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

So some bloggers have seen the Shazam movie and it seems there is indeed a Superman cameo BUT we don't his face...

Reactions embargo is tomorrow.. Very early, so WB must be quite confident of this movie. Shazam comes out to theaters April 5th.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

So we know a reboot isn't on the horizon just yet. That's good!
    Assassinate Putin!

Karma?

never a boring day for DC and WB..

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    So we know a reboot isn't on the horizon just yet. That's good!
    I kinda got the opposite take. That they’re willing to push forward with using Superman without Cavill makes me pretty sure a reboot is definitely in the cards. Did you see the news about Deadshot? If they’re willing to recast Will Smith they’re definitely willing to do the same for Cavill.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    So some bloggers have seen the Shazam movie and it seems there is indeed a Superman cameo BUT we don't his face...
    So sort of like they did with Superman on the first season of Supergirl.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I kinda got the opposite take. That they’re willing to push forward with using Superman without Cavill makes me pretty sure a reboot is definitely in the cards. Did you see the news about Deadshot? If they’re willing to recast Will Smith they’re definitely willing to do the same for Cavill.
    We don't know for a fact that Idris Elba will be Deadshot in the movie though. Just because Deadshot was played by a black man and another black man has been hired for the movie doesn't mean he will play the same character.
    If so, so much for a reboot. There are plenty of other characters that could be in Suicide Squad. Show some originality.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    So sort of like they did with Superman on the first season of Supergirl.

We don't know for a fact that Idris Elba will be Deadshot in the movie though. Just because Deadshot was played by a black man and another black man has been hired for the movie doesn't mean he will play the same character.
    If so, so much for a reboot. There are plenty of other characters that could be in Suicide Squad. Show some originality.
    I think it was Variety that specifically said he was being recruited for Deadshot.

BANNED

So far there is very positive buzz for Shazam

https://www.digitalspy.com/movies/a2...ocial-reviews/

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I guess I don't see recasting and reboots as quite the same thing. It's kind of up in the air as to who all is coming back and who isn't. Even Amy Adams didn't seem to know in a recent interview. Momoa thinks that Cavill will stick around but I doubt he has anymore knowledge than the rest of us.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    So far there is very positive buzz for Shazam

https://www.digitalspy.com/movies/a2...ocial-reviews/
    Yes very positive reviews for Shazam, and it's said to be firmly connected to the wider DCEU. Lots of Superman and Batman references as well.

And stay to the very end of the final credits for stuff apparently. *crosses fingers*

If the spoilers I read about a certain cameo in "Shazam" are true, I think this is the confirmation that Cavill is really out.
    "Longtime fans will read the book and bitch about it NO MATTER WHAT."

- Grant Morrison

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Crown View Post
    If the spoilers I read about a certain cameo in "Shazam" are true, I think this is the confirmation that Cavill is really out.
    Yes and no. It could be that Cavill just wasn't available during the filming of the supposed Superman cameo which if rumors are true was just recently, and Cavill is now filming Witcher and I doubt after the moustache controversy in JL he was willing to fly back to the US to film something like a 5 second Easter Egg or have his face CGI'd onto another body or something like that.

At this point I'd say it's 50/50 if Cavill is out or still in. Apparently he still has one more Superman appearance in his original contract. I'm guessing that was supposed to be for the JL Part 2 thats now not being made, but it's still there in his contract. They could pay Cavill out or rewrite it as to use him in another WB project, but it's not like the Affleck situation where it's all confirmed. I admit it's not looking great,but until we hear Henry or WB officially say it's over, I'm going to assume he's still their Superman.

I don't think we are going to see a reboot now that Aquaman was a smash and all indicators Shazam will do well. If we do see Superman again anytime soon,whether it's recast or not, it'll probably still be based on the version of Superman introduced in MAN OF STEEL. Hopefully it is Cavill. He still has a good 5-10 more years where he could still play the role credibly.
    Last edited by manofsteel1979; 03-09-2019 at 07:55 AM.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

From Freddy's Book of Super Hero-ing:

https://twitter.com/carbo_knight/sta...78813579141120

also found this,

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    Yes and no. It could be that Cavill just wasn't available during the filming of the supposed Superman cameo which if rumors are true was just recently, and Cavill is now filming Witcher and I doubt after the moustache controversy in JL he was willing to fly back to the US to film something like a 5 second Easter Egg or have his face CGI'd onto another body or something like that.

At this point I'd say it's 50/50 if Cavill is out or still in. Apparently he still has one more Superman appearance in his original contract. I'm guessing that was supposed to be for the JL Part 2 thats now not being made, but it's still there in his contract. They could pay Cavill out or rewrite it as to use him in another WB project, but it's not like the Affleck situation where it's all confirmed. I admit it's not looking great,but until we hear Henry or WB officially say it's over, I'm going to assume he's still their Superman.

I don't think we are going to see a reboot now that Aquaman was a smash and all indicators Shazam will do well. If we do see Superman again anytime soon,whether it's recast or not, it'll probably still be based on the version of Superman introduced in MAN OF STEEL. Hopefully it is Cavill. He still has a good 5-10 more years where he could still play the role credibly.
    There’s probably a clause in Cavill’s contract that let them simply wait him out like they did with Routh. That is almost certainly the plan now. They probably won’t do another Origin movie, they’ll simply recast Clark, Lois, and Lex and move on.