Page 15 of 36 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Why I'm not surprised to see Sony Pix doing a better job to support and promote the DCEU Superman than Warner Bros?

https://twitter.com/SonyPIX/status/1104029223562473473

https://twitter.com/SonyPIX/status/1104391847550410752

https://twitter.com/SonyPIX/status/1104607539251965954
    "Longtime fans will read the book and bitch about it NO MATTER WHAT."

- Grant Morrison

I hope Henry Cavill gets to stay on as Superman. While the movies had their issues, I think Cavill did very well as Superman. I would love more Superman films. Especially of they actually expanded his world and brought in characters like Kon-El and Steel. Plus he is by far the best looking Clark Kent/Superman:

We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

I agree that the big issue is WB not Cavill. He was great casting and just did what was asked... I wonder what is that he and his manager want in this negotiations if still going on.. Any way, I can live without him as Superman, though I'll be very sad to let him go, but the character is bigger, and as long as we get another movie with a solid actor in the role, I can deal.

If Cavill is gone, I just can't think of another actor to do the character justice. He needs to look the part and also be a good actor. No easy task, but not impossible. Bring Routh back? LOL..

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    I agree that the big issue is WB not Cavill. He was great casting and just did what was asked... I wonder what is that he and his manager want in this negotiations if still going on.. Any way, I can live without him as Superman, though I'll be very sad to let him go, but the character is bigger, and as long as we get another movie with a solid actor in the role, I can deal.

If Cavill is gone, I just can't think of another actor to do the character justice. He needs to look the part and also be a good actor. No easy task, but not impossible. Bring Routh back? LOL..
    Agreed. While I would be very upset to lose Cavill, I still want more Superman films. I just hope that if he does get replaced, they choose a solid actor who performs well. I don't know who would be the best pick though.
    Last edited by nj06; 03-11-2019 at 05:41 PM.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

BANNED

Kevin Tsujihara apologies for misconduct as investigation continues

Dear Colleagues,

By now, you’ve all seen the news reports from earlier this week.

I deeply regret that I have made mistakes in my personal life that have caused pain and embarrassment to the people I love the most. I also deeply regret that these personal actions have caused embarrassment to the company and to all of you. I realized some time ago you are right to expect more from me and I set a course to do better. That journey continues.

I am so proud of the great work you do every day. Together, we have built a company that is the gold standard in our industry. Warner Bros.’ culture is as important to our success as our business model. We need to continue the hard work we’ve done over the years to create a workplace where everyone feels included and heard. To that end, I’ve asked HR to make additional accommodations if anyone needs to talk.

Since WarnerMedia’s leadership became aware of details surrounding this situation some time ago, it has carefully reviewed the matter and handled appropriately, including having engaged a third-party law firm to conduct a series of inquiries. Following these most recent news reports, the company will again work with a third-party law firm to review the situation, and I will cooperate fully with this investigation.

Please don’t let my mistakes become a distraction. It’s important that we all stay focused on our work — and part of that is creating a culture and company of which we can all be proud. Thank you all for everything you do to make that happen every day.

Sincerely,

Kevin
    https://screenrant.com/warner-bros-k...tion-response/

Cavill got hosed. I don't think he, nor Amy Adams, got what they thought they signed up for. They expected a series of Superman movies, and what we got was something considerably less.

At this point, I don't think the DCEU is strong enough to support a healthy library of Superman movies, but I'd still be happy if Henry Cavill showed up briefly in other movies for short bits, and not to be cannon fodder to make other heroes look good. Even if it's something small like visiting a hero and giving him a welcome-to-the-big-leagues pep talk.

^If Tsujihara abused his power and influence like that, he should be fired honestly. Saying sorry isn't enough.

I love this image so much. I need this Superman in the live action films. Someone to inspire and make you feel like everything is going to be ok somehow. I saw this guy in the Justice League movie. I really think Henry Cavill has it in him to bring confident Superman to life of allowed.

BANNED

Edit: Whoops, wrong thread
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 03-12-2019 at 09:24 AM.

a kid playing with Cavill Superman doll in a new Chinese trailer. And humming Williams Superman theme..

D1ixHIGWkAAihPg.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post

I skimmed it; I fail to see any relation (besides WB itself) to Cavill; MOS or even the DCEU in general.

edit: ok, that one itself is a new one. The ones before failed to mention the DCEU involvement.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post

Sounds like getting rid of this guy will be good for the DCEU.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Sounds like getting rid of this guy will be good for the DCEU.
    Unless they put someone worse in his place. Like Toby Emmerich.
    "Longtime fans will read the book and bitch about it NO MATTER WHAT."

- Grant Morrison

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Okay, see, that cover makes it look like he comes to Earth as a teenager or something. Which would certainly be a break from the traditional origin story!
    Assassinate Putin!

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Joss Whedon on Henry's Supes:

"Cavill is a GREAT Superman - definitely the best since Reeves, and could take the top spot with the right material/barber"

https://twitter.com/joss/status/1107897593256964096