Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GreatKungLao View Post
    Great suggestion

Y'know, as much as I hate this guy, the fact DC only ever seem to bother with movie adaptations and prequel comics with their film universes grinds my gears. I heard there were plans to do a series based off the Burton Batman films and that was shot down also.

I'm giving the Ultimate Edition of Batman v. Superman a try this week. I've heard from a lot of places that its a big improvement, particularly for the Clark Kent/Lois storylines. Hopeful that is the case!

Master Hero Vladimir

With the start of a new year, Superman should have another chance at redeeming himself on the big screen. Man of Steel is my favorite superhero movie and I still think it deserves a true sequel. Batman v. Superman should have been Man of Steel 2, plain and simple. I've said it before and I'm sure I'll say it again. Don't get me wrong, I loved Batman v. Superman, but Superman needed another solo movie to continue his character development. Henry Cavill is the best Superman actor I've seen in a while, and it would be a huge shame to see him wasted because Warner and DC don't seem to have any faith in Superman's ability to carry a story all on his own; outside the comic books, of course.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HeroVladimir93 View Post
    With the start of a new year, Superman should have another chance at redeeming himself on the big screen. Man of Steel is my favorite superhero movie and I still think it deserves a true sequel. Batman v. Superman should have been Man of Steel 2, plain and simple. I've said it before and I'm sure I'll say it again. Don't get me wrong, I loved Batman v. Superman, but Superman needed another solo movie to continue his character development. Henry Cavill is the best Superman actor I've seen in a while, and it would be a huge shame to see him wasted because Warner and DC don't seem to have any faith in Superman's ability to carry a story all on his own; outside the comic books, of course.
    Agreed. Here's to hoping

Quote Originally Posted by HeroVladimir93 View Post
    I thought MoS did that. Clark is Clark and being Superman isn't going to change that. Lex does a number on him but he still stays true to who he is.

That being said BvS is not a Batman movie, sure he get the most lines but that cause he is the Antagonist. Lex is still the villain though. You do not have Lex Luthor as the villain of a Batman movie.

BvS is about Superman period and what his very presence means to the world at large and for humanity just as Justice League was supposed to be about what the loss of Superman means to the World and who will set up in his absence.

It's like Jor-El said. They'll race behind you, they'll stumble, they'll fall, but in time, they will join you in the sun.
    Last edited by Lokimaru; 01-07-2019 at 01:54 PM.

Master Hero Vladimir

Quote Originally Posted by Lokimaru View Post
    I thought MoS did that. Clark is Clark and being Superman isn't going to change that. Lex does a number on him but he still stays true to who he is.

That being said BvS is not a Batman movie, sure he get the most lines but that cause he is the Antagonist. Lex is still the villain though. You do not have Lex Luthor as the villain of a Batman movie.

BvS is about Superman period and what his very presence means to the world at large and for humanity just as Justice League was supposed to be about what the loss of Superman means to the World and who will set up in his absence.

It's like Jor-El said. They'll race behind you, they'll stumble, they'll fall, but in time, they will join you in the sun.
    Even so, Superman should have another solo movie. Wonder Woman is getting another solo movie, maybe Superman could get the same treatment, especially since he started the DC Extended Universe in the first place. Warner and DC just need to be creative in adapting Superman to the big screen.

Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Is it new?

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

I have never seen this! Is this official?
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokimaru View Post
    Lex is still the villain though. You do not have Lex Luthor as the villain of a Batman movie.
    As someone who didn't hate the casting of Jesse as Lex Luthor I do feel like they should have portrayed the character a bit more Luthor like and less of a Riddler or Joker pastiche.
    Jesse should have channeled a bit more of his Zuckerberg character from the Social Network when playing Lex, instead of Ledger's Joker. Yeah, the villain is called Lex Luthor but he actually behaves more like a Batman villain.
    "By force of will he turns his gaze upon the seething horror bellow us on the hillside.
    Yes, he feels the icy touch of fear, but he is not cowed. He is Superman!"

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Is it new?
    Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    I have never seen this! Is this official?
    Yes, Zack Snyder shared it on Vero. It is Ultimate Edition poster that was never released.

Zack Snyder also shared a t-shirt design, all money for purchases go to suicide prevention cause. According to many formed theories the picture represents entire 5 movies arc that Zack Snyder was planning for DCEU, which ends with birth of Superman and Lois' child who was meant to be physical manifestation of coexistence between different cultures/people/species. Theory is especially supported by coffin with W (Wayne) above Batman's symbol, since Batman dying in sequel to Justice League during Darkseid invasion was already confirmed previously.

Last edited by GreatKungLao; 01-11-2019 at 07:24 AM.

This poster is actually really poetic, because they are witnessing Dawn [of Justice].

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Yes, Zack Snyder shared it on Vero. It is Ultimate Edition poster that was never released.

Zack Snyder also shared a t-shirt design, all money for purchases go to suicide prevention cause. According to many formed theories the picture represents entire 5 movies arc that Zack Snyder was planning for DCEU, which ends with birth of Superman and Lois' child who was meant to be physical manifestation of coexistence between different cultures/people/species. Theory is especially supported by coffin with W (Wayne) above Batman's symbol, since Batman dying in sequel to Justice League during Darkseid invasion was already confirmed preciously.

It's sort of a shame that we will never see this story realized to it's conclusion. Which is why I would be a for a digital limited comic series or even dare I say it, a couple animated projects. Heck I would be ok if they would do it as novels.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

I doubt that even if Snyder would be still in charge, WB would let him killing Batman without doing at least a Bat-trilogy first. It feel like Gordon and Grayson being dead in Snyder's headcanon.