Page 23 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

DCEU Superman cameoing as a toy in a deleted scene of Shazam! 😅

https://twitter.com/DCEUBAT/status/1145219811070205952

Funny, Shazam got a movie before The Flash did.

BTW, today saw this commercial on TV from the CNN channel about a new show called 'The Movies' and they were using Zimmer's Man of Steel score!

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    Funny, Shazam got a movie before The Flash did.
    Aquaman too for that matter. I always regarded Flash as a bigger deal than Aquaman. People have always taken Flash seriously while until recently Aquaman was regarded as a joke by a lot of people.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Aquaman too for that matter. I always regarded Flash as a bigger deal than Aquaman. People have always taken Flash seriously while until recently Aquaman was regarded as a joke by a lot of people.
    Flash already has a TV show so that might have played a hand in it. Do the characters who don't get as much media attention first. Big names like Superman and Batman are givens but who comes after that is up for debate.
    Assassinate Putin!

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    DCEU Superman cameoing as a toy in a deleted scene of Shazam! ��

https://twitter.com/DCEUBAT/status/1145219811070205952
    Ha ha ha, that's great! MAN, Freddy is best.

From a Q&A with director Christopher McQuarrie on twitter:

What about your attachment to Green Lantern? Is that BS or is it too complicated to explain?

"Too complicated to explain. It tied into the Superman movie that Cavill and I were proposing. No takers. The studios have never cared for my original ideas. They prefer that I fix their broken ones."

Please help me understand Chris, am I understanding that you were all in on MOS2 with Henry Cavill and WB said no? May I asked how long ago was that and if WB came back to you, would you reconsider?

"They never said no. They just never moved on it. This was just before Fallout was released. And no, I would not reconsider. There’s too many other things I want to do."

Would it have tied into Man of Steel at all?

"It certainly could have."

https://twitter.com/chrismcquarrie/s...88978610442241

Incredible Member Krypto's Fleas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    From a Q&A with director Christopher McQuarrie on twitter:

What about your attachment to Green Lantern? Is that BS or is it too complicated to explain?

"Too complicated to explain. It tied into the Superman movie that Cavill and I were proposing. No takers. The studios have never cared for my original ideas. They prefer that I fix their broken ones."

Please help me understand Chris, am I understanding that you were all in on MOS2 with Henry Cavill and WB said no? May I asked how long ago was that and if WB came back to you, would you reconsider?

"They never said no. They just never moved on it. This was just before Fallout was released. And no, I would not reconsider. There’s too many other things I want to do."

Would it have tied into Man of Steel at all?

"It certainly could have."

https://twitter.com/chrismcquarrie/s...88978610442241
    The best thing for Superman would be for Warner Bros. to go belly up and the DC rights come up for bid. The character will always linger and lag due to the unfair perspectives held by power brokers at the mothership. Movies and comics. He will continue to be viewed as 2nd rate, and a distant commodity to Batman.

Pretty much the clearest example that they are done with Cavill. If Superman shows up again it will be a reboot.

Spectacular Member

Whereas Affleck quit as Batman, Cavill has silently been fired and Superman as a character momentarily retired from movies. This sucks to an unbelievable degree.

Poor DC at the hand of WB execs. Great characters but so poorly handled by an studio that only focuses on Batman.

I'm glad Marvel have shown them how to make successful superhero movies and universes. They might not be the best, but somehow they know how to get general audiences invested in trees and raccoons. I'm sure the humiliation hurts their egos.

I'm also glad other lesser known or exposed DC heroes have got some love like Aquaman. We only have to thank James Wan who somehow had the power to do what he wanted and keep those.. execs off hands. Poor Superman, he's so amazing, but poorly understood. I pray some day he finds more luck with a filmmaker who gets why so many love him and why we buy those Superman T-shirts.

Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

Fabian Wagner shared more photos from BTS of Snyder Cut of Justice League https://www.instagram.com/p/Bz4i03RB...d=9mcp226cpgwq

First one is most likely Superman coming out from Scout Ship wearing new suit for the first time, the scene WB released as a "bonus".

Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

It has begun. #SDCC

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

We have CNN on the lobby TVs at my job. As I was walking by, I heard a familiar tune for CNN's The Movies promo.

Mighty Member

"JL & BvS were terrible movies"

Sure. 9_9

Stunt double Ryan Handley, the "face" of Superman in the Shazam! movie:

https://www.instagram.com/handleystunts/
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 09-06-2019 at 06:25 AM.