Page 26 of 36 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    If this revealed in bvs it would have one of most coolest thing ever.
    Revealing that Martha in BvS was J'onn J'onzz?

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Revealing that Martha in BvS was J'onn J'onzz?
    Better than promo videos in a computer. I mean, sheesh! Lex even had icons picked. They should gone for this than whatever that was.besides, manhunter could have stopped the two idiots from fighting.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 10-05-2019 at 08:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    What??? That is huge. If this revealed in bvs it would have one of most coolest thing ever.
    It was for Justice League. Snyder says everything was shot except for the actor who played Swanwick, he was going to meet up with him in LA.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    It was for Justice League. Snyder says everything was shot except for the actor who played Swanwick, he was going to meet up with him in LA.
    I know, i was just saying this would have been more exciting than the stupid montage thing we got.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

I want to see that now. General Swanwick being J'onn would've been cool. Cast someone to be King Faraday, and you'd be cooking with dynamite.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Remember the very early "unite the seven" promo image for Justice League? J'onn would have been the seventh member, and I kinda always thought "wouldn't it be cool if Swanwick was The Martian Manhunter?" He was conspicuously absent from the final cut of JL , which I found weird considering he was a major support player in MOS and BvS. Having him show up would have been cool.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

If Swanwick was really Martian Manhunter, then he looks like a bad superhero when he didn't help Superman against the Kryptonians and Doomsday. The whole plot looks like swiss cheese if you really think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    If Swanwick was really Martian Manhunter, then he looks like a bad superhero when he didn't help Superman against the Kryptonians and Doomsday. The whole plot looks like swiss cheese if you really think about it.
    They could give a good explanation like him not being able to use his abilities and even then joined the military. Smallville had a period where manhunter was powerless and was stuck human.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

It's almost serendipitous that Snyder had the same idea to use MM as a covert ally of Superman. The same way the Supergirl show runners used MM on the early seasons of the show.

As for why Swanwick did nothing in MOS or BvS, you can easily spin him not having access to his powers. J'onn gets nerfed a lot in the comics anyway. Plus, him wanting to get a read of Superman before revealing his secret. Two men being the last of their respective species. Until Supergirl shows up on Earth and Lex clones himself a Superboy.

Harry Lennix talks about meeting Henry Cavill for Man of Steel and also says, "And I love Superman! Superman’s my favorite superhero."

He also tells about a Gene Hackman story and his Matrix roles.

https://www.avclub.com/harry-lennix-...ocialMarketing
    Last edited by stargazer01; 10-07-2019 at 01:26 PM.

My only real saving reading of the J'onn thing is that he's just disguised as Swanwick now, but that Swanwick wasn't J'onn the whole time. After all, I don't really want a J'onn who's tacitly opposed to Superman's actions because they don't always align with "America's interests."

After all, it's not like we're saying Martha's been J'onn the whole time, are we? No, that'd be dumb.

That said, if Martha was J'onn in that scene... I don't know, I just don't like that. I like Martha, I find that scene really meaningful. Making her secretly J'onn, even just for a minute, bothers me a lot.

J'onn deserves better.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

"Henry Cavill is incapable of acting warm like Superman."

He can, but Snyder didn't care about that.

Joss Whedon's Superman in Justice League was proof of that.

Thats infuriating because that kind of uneducated parroted BS is probably also part of the reason why the chances are so high of not having a new Cavil Supes movie.

Combining all his appearances he has proven without doubt that he can do ALL facets of Superman.

Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

I swear to God, we have seen different movies.