Page 31 of 36 FirstFirst ... 21272829303132333435 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    I don't think Henry Cavill (and his team) care about the Snyder cut of JL. On the contrary, all they want is support for a new Superman movie. IMO, Henry is being advice to not say anything about JL in hopes to get him another Supes movie through the success of Black Adam..

Henry has made it clear he does not support Snyder or wants anything to do with him again. And I was told Snyder deleted the Henry/Superman photo he recently posted..

https://www.cbr.com/henry-cavill-jus...ue-snyder-cut/

I don't think Henry is a fan of anything Snyder did post Man of Steel. I can't blame him.

https://za.ign.com/henry-cavill/1126...el-didnt-exist
    And this is probably the page the rest of us should be on as well. Look, there's no polite way of putting this, but the DCEU is probably effectively over as we know it. Affleck is gone. Cavill is, if not out the door, then at least has a bad relationship with it. If there is a "Snyder cut" my guess is it's probably something like 50% green screens. If not more. There is no real financial investment on WB part to do this since it's pretty obvious there isn't going to be a sequel here. I'm not sure what people are expecting to come out of this but I guarantee it's not going to be more movies or a sequel. Some of the stuff that I've read suggests it's not even a full movie but a bunch of pieces put together. And that WB involvement was always pretty heavy handed regardless. So it's not like Synder was being given carte blanche to just do whatever he wanted.

I wish fans were as excited about making a new Superman movie as they are about releasing an unfinished movie that no one will do anything with anyway. To give you an idea of how far along this "Snyder cut" may or may not have been, here's someone who has talked to people at WB and this thing doesn't appear to be as far along as fans had hoped:

https://www.laineygossip.com/gal-gad...al-media/59020

I have no idea how true any of this is but that's exactly the point: Neither does anyone else. All we have to go on is second hand information from the director and the handful of people who have been allowed to see parts of it. That's it. Even the few people who have seen it, like Kevin Smith, admit it's not a finished movie by anyone's stretch of the imagination. This is one of those things where I think that if people actually got what they wanted they'd be disappointed. Sometimes the gate keepers actually do know best.
    Assassinate Putin!

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Men's Health article/interview: Henry Cavill Is Still Superman

Wait, is that dude . . . STILL Superman? Cavill’s stayed silent about such gossip for a long time, to his occasional frustration. He fought for years, facing down countless rejections and close calls, to land a part as cosmically iconic as Superman. It’s a role, and a character, he guards fiercely—and insists he hasn’t let go. “The cape is in the closet,” Cavill says. “It’s still mine.”

Man of Steel? “A great starting point. If I were to go back, I don’t think I’d change anything.” Batman v Superman? “Very much a Batman movie. And I think that realm of darkness is great for a Batman movie.” Justice League? “It didn’t work.”

Cavill almost reprised his Superman role for a blip-sized cameo in this year’s Shazam! but says he couldn’t do it because of his Fallout schedule. That absence—coupled with the fact that The Witcher could wind up as a Game of Thrones–like epic that eats up a huge chunk of his calendar—furthered the speculation that his time in the cape was finished. “I’m not just going to sit quietly in the dark as all this stuff is going on,” Cavill says of the rumors. “I’ve not given up the role. There’s a lot I have to give for Superman yet. A lot of storytelling to do. A lot of real, true depths to the honesty of the character I want to get into. I want to reflect the comic books. That’s important to me. There’s a lot of justice to be done for Superman. The status is: You’ll see.”

Full article: https://www.menshealth.com/entertain...man-interview/

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post

Wait, is that dude . . . STILL Superman? Cavill’s stayed silent about such gossip for a long time, to his occasional frustration. He fought for years, facing down countless rejections and close calls, to land a part as cosmically iconic as Superman. It’s a role, and a character, he guards fiercely—and insists he hasn’t let go. “The cape is in the closet,” Cavill says. “It’s still mine.”

Man of Steel? “A great starting point. If I were to go back, I don’t think I’d change anything.” Batman v Superman? “Very much a Batman movie. And I think that realm of darkness is great for a Batman movie.” Justice League? “It didn’t work.”

Cavill almost reprised his Superman role for a blip-sized cameo in this year’s Shazam! but says he couldn’t do it because of his Fallout schedule. That absence—coupled with the fact that The Witcher could wind up as a Game of Thrones–like epic that eats up a huge chunk of his calendar—furthered the speculation that his time in the cape was finished. “I’m not just going to sit quietly in the dark as all this stuff is going on,” Cavill says of the rumors. “I’ve not given up the role. There’s a lot I have to give for Superman yet. A lot of storytelling to do. A lot of real, true depths to the honesty of the character I want to get into. I want to reflect the comic books. That’s important to me. There’s a lot of justice to be done for Superman. The status is: You’ll see.”

That's Awesome news.I hope we get a smash hit superman movie with him.

I admire his dedication but I question whether he’s wasting his time. I hope he’s continuing to secure other roles because the chances of him coming back are slim to nihl.

Might explain why he’s keeping silent. Unlike Gadot and Maoma who will not be replaced unless they REALLY mess up, and Affleck who isn’t coming back no matter what, Cavill has neither been fully kicked to the curb or brought back into the fold. No sense in perhaps negatively pushing WB to announce he’s out by supporting a take on his character he doesn’t even seem to support fully.
    Last edited by Vordan; 11-19-2019 at 08:50 AM.

But it's not his call. It's WB's call. He may want to take up the cape again but this all depends on whether or not the negotiations work out. It's not a secret I'm not a fan of the Snyder-verse, but if he can move it forward without the need for a hard reboot, I'd rather have that than yet another start over. There is also the issue of his age. He's not in his 20s. We're heading towards a middle aged Superman here. If WB is going to make a decision, they need to do it quickly.
    Assassinate Putin!

I’m still optimistic he’ll be in Shazam 2. Maybe as the Tony to Billy’s Peter.

I would be all for Cavill coming back for at least one more Superman movie. It could be a soft reboot with Cavill reprising the role but the other main characters recast. Hopefully we’ll get the long overdue cinematic debut of Brainiac. Like in Injustice 2 and Superman: Unbound, they could easily introduce Supergirl in a story about Brainiac’s invasion.

Over the years, The Rock has been teasing a fight between his Black Adam and Cavill’s Superman. Would love to see that actually happen. One solo Superman movie and an appearance in Shazam 2.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Ah, The Rock has enough star power to get Cavill fully back as Superman. It's either up to him or JJ Abrams (or whoever will sign to direct a SM movie) to get Cavill back as Superman. A director will have the options to recast/reboot or still working with Henry.

Gadot and Momoa seem like they have enough clout now to make WB sit down with Cavill and hash things out They obviously want more WW and Aquaman movies.
    Assassinate Putin!

If it was up to the Rock, or Maoma, Cavill would definitely be back (not sure how Gadot feels about Cavill), but that he is still in Limbo shows that it’s not up to them or Cavill. What’s going to decide Cavill’s fate is when a new director accepts the job of revamping Superman. If they want a full reboot like Reeves did, Cavill is done, doesn’t matter how much he claims otherwise. And the longer he stays in limbo the more confident I feel he isn’t coming back. Cavill is 36, he doesn’t have that much longer he can wait. Adams is already 45, I feel pretty confident that regardless of whether Cavill comes back, Adams won’t. That alone make sit more likely we’ll see a reboot.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    If it was up to the Rock, or Maoma, Cavill would definitely be back (not sure how Gadot feels about Cavill), but that he is still in Limbo shows that it’s not up to them or Cavill. What’s going to decide Cavill’s fate is when a new director accepts the job of revamping Superman. If they want a full reboot like Reeves did, Cavill is done, doesn’t matter how much he claims otherwise. And the longer he stays in limbo the more confident I feel he isn’t coming back. Cavill is 36, he doesn’t have that much longer he can wait. Adams is already 45, I feel pretty confident that regardless of whether Cavill comes back, Adams won’t. That alone make sit more likely we’ll see a reboot.
    I don't understand this logic. Superman has always been a grown man. Henry can pull it of. There were rumours saying Henry's agent was playing hard ball regarding his paycheck and wanted creative controls of the character so that he doesn't get sidelined like in bvs. That could be ba a reason. Rock is the only modern day 'star' .Maybe The last of his kind. Atleast, that's what i heard from the so called movie pundits.His mere existence in a movie is a draw for people. He has the kind of pull for it, i believe. Regardless of what happens. I don't want this to end up like the terminator series.Regardless of what anyone may think. Henry had a direction for superman. It was based on for tomorrow, i believe . Henry tried to even give supes a director. They pitched an idea. Warners is scared of using superman again. They want something like black adam/shazam to launch him. Get the detractors back in.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I don't understand this logic. Superman has always been a grown man. Henry can pull it of. There were rumours saying Henry's agent was playing hard ball regarding his paycheck and wanted creative controls of the character so that he doesn't get sidelined like in bvs. That could be ba a reason. Rock is the only modern day 'star' .Maybe The last of his kind. Atleast, that's what i heard from the so called movie pundits.His mere existence in a movie is a draw for people. He has the kind of pull for it, i believe. Regardless of what happens. I don't want this to end up like the terminator series.Regardless of what anyone may think. Henry had a direction for superman. It was based on for tomorrow, i believe . Henry tried to even give supes a director. They pitched an idea. Warners is scared of using superman again. They want something like black adam/shazam to launch him. Get the detractors back in.
    The physical toll of getting into Superman shape is very high. It only gets harder for Cavill the older he gets. Also I doubt they want there to be a big age gap between Batman and Superman. The Witcher is also going to demand more of Cavill’s time, especially if it’s a huge hit. Finally Hollywood is ageist, plain and simple. Older actors rarely get starring roles, especially once your looks start deteriorating.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    The physical toll of getting into Superman shape is very high. It only gets harder for Cavill the older he gets. Also I doubt they want there to be a big age gap between Batman and Superman. The Witcher is also going to demand more of Cavill’s time, especially if it’s a huge hit. Finally Hollywood is ageist, plain and simple. Older actors rarely get starring roles, especially once your looks start deteriorating.
    Pattinson and henry have an age difference of 3 years.that is'nt that big. You are talking as if henry is a decrepit old man. If you don't like the idea of henry as superman. That's fine. You don't need to validate your opinion with something . I am sorry, but the opposition seems too vehement. That's why.if ben affleck and j k simmons can be beasts henry sure as hell can.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 11-20-2019 at 08:39 AM.

Edit: I’m done talking to you, it’s always a waste of time.
    Last edited by Vordan; 11-20-2019 at 08:56 AM.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Look at Tom Cruise, Hugh Jackman, Idris Elba, Dwayne Johnson, Liam Neeson, Will Smith and Daniel Craig. All men in their late 40s, early 50s. Still playing go get'em action hero roles. There's no danger of Henry aging out of the role at 36. Same goes for Affleck in his mid-40s. He could easily play old man Bruce or Batman Beyond Bruce should he or WB want.

Ageism only applies to women in Hollywood, sadly. Ask Famke Janssen (Jean Grey). She complained about this back in 2016.