Page 32 of 36 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233343536 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    Look at Tom Cruise, Hugh Jackman, Idris Elba, Dwayne Johnson, Liam Neeson, Will Smith and Daniel Craig. All men in their late 40s, early 50s. Still playing go get'em action hero roles. There's no danger of Henry aging out of the role at 36. Same goes for Affleck in his mid-40s. He could easily play old man Bruce or Batman Beyond Bruce should he or WB want.

Ageism only applies to women in Hollywood, sadly. Ask Famke Janssen (Jean Grey). She complained about this back in 2016.
    All of those are superstars though, guys who are brands unto themselves. Cavill isn’t there yet, although The Witcher could change that.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Gadot and Momoa seem like they have enough clout now to make WB sit down with Cavill and hash things out They obviously want more WW and Aquaman movies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    If it was up to the Rock, or Maoma, Cavill would definitely be back (not sure how Gadot feels about Cavill), but that he is still in Limbo shows that it’s not up to them or Cavill.
    Gadot and Momoa are irrelevant for Cavill's status as Superman. But The Rock is a producer of Black Adam along with Henry's agent. If they planned to have Cavill as antagonist in the Black Adam sequel, that could play in Henry's favor.

The Rock even commissioned a fanart of Cavill Superman beating Black Adam, lol:

"Back in early 2018 @therock and his team reached out to me and asked me if I could create a piece of him fighting Superman @henrycavill with superman doing some damage (his idea &#128514 This was around the time where the movie was in circulation but not 100% and it's crazy to think from this piece I got to run it back officially but this time with @jimlee"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B445cjAgZ3G/

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Gadot and Momoa are irrelevant for Cavill's status as Superman. But The Rock is a producer of Black Adam along with Henry's agent. If they planned to have Cavill as antagonist in the Black Adam sequel, that could play in Henry's favor.

The Rock even commissioned a fanart of Cavill Superman beating Black Adam, lol:

"Back in early 2018 @therock and his team reached out to me and asked me if I could create a piece of him fighting Superman @henrycavill with superman doing some damage (his idea ��) This was around the time where the movie was in circulation but not 100% and it's crazy to think from this piece I got to run it back officially but this time with @jimlee"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B445cjAgZ3G/
    Is it meant to be a Cyborg Superman?

Some love for Henry Cavill work as Superman. I agree with them, even though I had some issues with Man of Steel story, I still really liked the movie overall and think it's up there in quality with Aquaman, Shazam and WW.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    Is it meant to be a Cyborg Superman?
    Nah that’s regular Superman just battered and bruised. Boss Logic really loves darker and grittier takes on superheroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    Look at Tom Cruise, Hugh Jackman, Idris Elba, Dwayne Johnson, Liam Neeson, Will Smith and Daniel Craig. All men in their late 40s, early 50s. Still playing go get'em action hero roles. There's no danger of Henry aging out of the role at 36. Same goes for Affleck in his mid-40s. He could easily play old man Bruce or Batman Beyond Bruce should he or WB want.

Ageism only applies to women in Hollywood, sadly. Ask Famke Janssen (Jean Grey). She complained about this back in 2016.
    Sandra Bullock, Halle Berry, Nicole Kidman, Viola Davis, Diane Lane, Helen Hunt, Emma Thompson, Michell Pfieffer, Meryl Streep, all don't seem to have trouble finding work. People that can act are always going to get work no matter
    what their age or gender is. If all someone has going for them is a pretty face then options get more limited as time goes by, male or female. In Cavill's case are they hiring him for his looks or acting ability?

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Sandra Bullock, Halle Berry, Nicole Kidman, Viola Davis, Diane Lane, Helen Hunt, Emma Thompson, Michell Pfieffer, Meryl Streep, all don't seem to have trouble finding work. People that can act are always going to get work no matter
    what their age or gender is. If all someone has going for them is a pretty face then options get more limited as time goes by, male or female. In Cavill's case are they hiring him for his looks or acting ability?
    tom cruise and dwayne johnson are not known for their acting chops.they are known for their charisma and other things .tom cruise can act.but,he rarely chooses such roles.Henry cavill can act more than enough for a superman movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    All those actresses also have name-/brand-recognition, which probably trumps actual acting ability. If the Cavill brand ends up becoming valuable, he's going to get work, too.

I remember back when Man of Steel first came out, I was trying to picture a crossover between Arrow the TV show and Man of Steel the movie, and I just couldn't get it to work in my head. I realized pretty quickly that it was because I thought Cavill would just act circles around Amell.

In terms of women, well, I'll just say that if Amy Adams doesn't return as Lois Lane, I'll be just as devastated as if Cavill doesn't return as Superman!
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Black Adam Producer on the Possibility of Henry Cavill's Superman Appearing in New DC Comics Movie: https://comicbook.com/2019/11/21/bla...vill-superman/

Rumors persisted with news that Dany Garcia would be managing Superman actor Henry Cavill, especially because Garcia is a key figure in The Rock's production company Seven Bucks. All of the relationships are in place for an massive collaboration, and now that we know Black Adam is set to premiere in theaters in two years, the speculation is at an all-time high.

ComicBook's Brandon Davis spoke with Black Adam producer Hiram Garcia at a press event for Jumanji: The Next Level; Garcia is another key figure in Seven Bucks and Dany Garcia's husband, and asked about the possibility of Cavill appearing as Superman in the DC Comics movie.

"I think the DC Universe is a wonderful universe and we're open to everything," Garcia explained. "We have big aspirations for it. We're friends with Henry. [Dwayne] and Henry are friends, it's a huge comic book brand as well. And I always just loved the idea. Who knows? But man, Black Adam for Superman is really cool. That'd be really powerful."

Oh boy oh boy oh boy I reaaaallly hope we get more Cavill Superman news... Black Adam could be that news! Oh jeez oh boy oh jeez oh boy...

Ah, sorry! I get kinda caught up in my desperate desire for more Superman!
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Black Adam Producer on the Possibility of Henry Cavill's Superman Appearing in New DC Comics Movie: https://comicbook.com/2019/11/21/bla...vill-superman/

Rumors persisted with news that Dany Garcia would be managing Superman actor Henry Cavill, especially because Garcia is a key figure in The Rock's production company Seven Bucks. All of the relationships are in place for an massive collaboration, and now that we know Black Adam is set to premiere in theaters in two years, the speculation is at an all-time high.

ComicBook's Brandon Davis spoke with Black Adam producer Hiram Garcia at a press event for Jumanji: The Next Level; Garcia is another key figure in Seven Bucks and Dany Garcia's husband, and asked about the possibility of Cavill appearing as Superman in the DC Comics movie.

"I think the DC Universe is a wonderful universe and we're open to everything," Garcia explained. "We have big aspirations for it. We're friends with Henry. [Dwayne] and Henry are friends, it's a huge comic book brand as well. And I always just loved the idea. Who knows? But man, Black Adam for Superman is really cool. That'd be really powerful."
    That would be great if they could get a backdoor deal for Cavill to return as Superman after all the infighting with WB. If the Rock wants him in the movie, they might have to go for it.
    Assassinate Putin!

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

What an unexpected source for hope.

The Rock has the star power to bring Cavill back as Superman. If Black Adam is a hit.

More "unexpected sources of hope":

"Boss Logic posts Man of Steel 2 art, Henry Cavill likes it, someone in the comments says “not with Henry Cavill lol” and Boss Logic responds “I wouldn’t be so sure”. Boss Logic has friends in Hollywood such as The Rock. 🤔"

https://twitter.com/stebob1984/statu...86366791753728