Page 6 of 36 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Okay, haven't seen this posted yet but Jenkins is already talking about a 3rd WW film and she says it will take place "in the future". Now, whether that means the actual future or the modern day remains to be seen. It could just mean the modern day. Have no idea what this means for Superman or the DCEU in general but between this and the new trailer for that BOP movie coming out, it looks like they are going ahead with the DCEU. The real question is, will they acknowledge BVS and JL gong forward or will they try to sort of "retcon" them out of existence? Jenkins has said she is against another JL movie.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...enkins-1179511
    Probably WW3 will take place after the events of JL1 but still in our time and maybe Diana will give a shout-out to something from JL1 like Arthur did in Aquaman. WW1 did acknowledge a relationship Bruce had with Diana from BvS.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I just think it sucks that WW is getting a 3rd movie and Superman hasn't had a sequel after five years. No wonder Cavill wants out.
    Assassinate Putin!

Master Hero Vladimir

I just think it sucks that WW is getting a 3rd movie and Superman hasn't had a sequel after five years. No wonder Cavill wants out.
    The worst part about this is the radio silence Warner and DC are keeping in regards to the Superman franchise. We don't have any real news about this, only rumors and comments taken out of context and blown way out of proportion.

Not to mention that Harley Quinn is rumored to have a trilogy - Birds of Prey followed by Gotham City Sirens and ending with Birds of Prey v Gotham City Sirens. Even Suicide Squad is getting a sequel.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I'll believe the "signed on for four more sequels" thing when I see it, though of course I hope it's true.

In fairness, WW had to wait a long time before even getting her first, while Superman had several before her.
    Looking at the DCEU in isolation though, yeah, I agree that it majorly sucks on the Superman front. And Wonder Woman at least has one good movie, which in some ways is better than having a bunch that suck.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I'll believe the "signed on for four more sequels" thing when I see it, though of course I hope it's true.

In fairness, WW had to wait a long time before even getting her first, while Superman had several before her.
    Looking at the DCEU in isolation though, yeah, I agree that it majorly sucks on the Superman front. And Wonder Woman at least has one good movie, which in some ways is better than having a bunch that suck.
    I'm not gonna take a YouTube video at face value without some kind of outside source verifying it. That having been said, Marvel puts out something like three movies a year. There's no reason they can't do a BOP movie and another Superman movie. Remember when Behind the Trailers said that WW84 was a soft reboot? No word from any other source on that.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    If Affleck is out I’d wager Cavill is too at this point. They want to reboot those two.

Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Actually the video didn't say Henry Cavill would be in four sequels. Just make an appearance in four movies. One of them being the Supergirl movie. The only one that would be the sequel is Man of Steel 2.
    Probably the other two are Shazam! and/or a Justice League 2 and someone else's movie, like maybe Suicide Squad 2 or Flash. Maybe a Man of Steel 3 if we are lucky.

Master Hero Vladimir

Ben Affleck was a good Batman and I'm sad to learn he will no longer be in the DC Extended Universe. While I'm not a big Batman fan, I still enjoyed Ben's performance and I believe Ben was prevented from enjoying a full life as the newest actor to portray Batman. With this announcement, Ben has joined the list of actors that have been fired from famous roles over backstage drama, including Andrew Garfield and Chris Pine. Hopefully, Henry Cavill will reach an agreement with the Warner higher-ups and get a chance to play Superman again.

I just saw that this morning. I wonder if this means a soft reboot of the DCEU or even just ditching a shared universe altogether. Do we know if Reeves Batman is supposed to be the younger version of the Affleck Batman or it's own thing? I kind of wondered if the stand alone Joker movie wasn't some backdoor way of creating a second universe from scratch so they could ditch the DCEU.
    Assassinate Putin!

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

I just saw that this morning. I wonder if this means a soft reboot of the DCEU or even just ditching a shared universe altogether. Do we know if Reeves Batman is supposed to be the younger version of the Affleck Batman or it's own thing? I kind of wondered if the stand alone Joker movie wasn't some backdoor way of creating a second universe from scratch so they could ditch the DCEU.
    The Batman is another origin movie. So young Bruce. First adventures as Batman.

I would imagine they could keep Affleck as exclusive to the JL movies. But that's me being optimistic. Affleck is contracted for 4 movies. He's only done 3 so far.

No to both. WB is simply not mandating that directors adhere to Snyder’s stuff. If they want to contradict what he did they are free to do so. However they’re not making a second universe and they’re not rebooting the DCEU, not with Aquaman and WW being successes. What will happen is that they will simply retcon out stuff from Snyder’s films they don’t like. Assuming they ever do another Superman movie they will probably recast the character and treat the new version similar to how Ruffalo’s Hulk is technically Norton’s Hulk, but pretty much all of the plot lines from Norton’s Hulk were ignored.

I hope we see Superman in the Super Pets movie. Even just a little.