Page 22 of 47 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast
    Kon93

Damn how much longer until we get YJ 3 or it's preview, u need to read bendis take on SBs history and how he got to gemworld

Kon93

Haven't watched it yet, but on the 2nd Doom Patrol episode we have this Titans superboy tease.
    The 1st entry about a father and 5 dead, and a naked guy and dog. This is great,it means superboy isn't a throwaway end credit tease, and hopefully we see superboy on the show sooner than later

Quote Originally Posted by Kon93 View Post

Haven't watched it yet, but on the 2nd Doom Patrol episode we have this Titans superboy tease.
    The 1st entry about a father and 5 dead, and a naked guy and dog. This is great,it means superboy isn't a throwaway end credit tease, and hopefully we see superboy on the show sooner than later
    Kinda sad for the guy who saw him though .

Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Kinda sad for the guy who saw him though .

I'm gonna guess that the SB on this show will believe everywhere he goes and every person he comes in contact with something bad happens, and his beginning journey will be about him finding the good in him, then the hero in him, then lex will be dropped on the show to screw all that growth

Astonishing Member

Conner was created to look just like superman, not just up for chance like a natural born child, Cadmus wanted their superman to look exactly the part.
    Yeah. However, that was the origin where Kon was a human clone modified to look like Superman.

In Conner's current origin as hybrid clone, he looking like Clark seems by chance.

Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Yeah. However, that was the origin where Kon was a human clone modified to look like Superman.

In Conner's current origin as hybrid clone, he looking like Clark seems by chance.

Actually there is nothing going against that idea from Geoff’s f tacked on retcon at all, the only part that is new is lexs secret additions to Cadmuss work

Astonishing Member

Actually there is nothing going against that idea from Geoff’s f tacked on retcon at all, the only part that is new is lexs secret additions to Cadmuss work
    True. The retcon of Geoff never established that Conner couldn't be modified to look like Clark.

However, Conner was modified in his first origin because they need a reason why he looks like Clark (even although he doesn't have Clark's DNA in his first origin).

So, Geoff probably doesn't mantain the modification part, since he can explain the similarity between Clark and Conner by genetics. It's almost sure Bendis won't use the modification either.
    Last edited by Konja7; 02-23-2019 at 07:27 AM.

Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    True. The retcon of Geoff never established that Conner couldn't be modified to look like Clark.

However, Conner was modified in his first origin because they need a reason why he looks like Clark (even although he doesn't have Clark's DNA in his first origin).

So, Geoff probably doesn't mantain the modification part, since he can explain the similarity between Clark and Conner by genetics. It's almost sure Bendis won't use the modification either.

Well when you use the word clone, it implies that you are trying to make a copy of the subject,not to mention they were trying to recreate superman.

Astonishing Member

Well when you use the word clone, it implies that you are trying to make a copy of the subject,not to mention they were trying to recreate superman.
    I know, but clones can be pretty weird in comics. You just need to see the situation between X-23 and Wolverine.

Also, in this second origin where Cadmus used Superman DNA to create Conner, I think Cadmus would be more interested in Superman power (not so much his look).

Honestly, I don't think Bendis plans that Conner would be physically identical to Superman (at least, not more than Jon is).

PS: Reign Superboy is another interesting case, because they try the situation as he inheriting traits from his two "fathers" (that's why he has the eyes color of Lex).
    Last edited by Konja7; 02-23-2019 at 09:51 AM.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

I thought it was fairly well established that after the Johns retcon Conner took after Superman's features in a dominant fashion similar to how a child takes after a parent, but it was also clear he took after Luthor physically too.

Just look at Titans Tomorrow, Conner is drawn to look a bit more like Lex, and his hairline is even receding in a similar even though he'd be the same age as Clark in his prime.

I distinctly remember Jurgens saying that Jon was supposed to take after his dad psychically and in appearance (as much as a child can take after a parent) and his mother in temperament and gumption. I don't think either are supposed to look like actual clones of Clark anymore though.

But we haven't see Bendis' Conner yet though, so we don't know for sure yet. But I'm personally down for more Lex callbacks in his appearance. I always liked how Johns would have Conner worry about his hairline. A perfect encapsulation of all of his insecurities on his genetics while being so distinctly human and relatable.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    I thought it was fairly well established that after the Johns retcon Conner took after Superman's features in a dominant fashion similar to how a child takes after a parent, but it was also clear he took after Luthor physically too.

Just look at Titans Tomorrow, Conner is drawn to look a bit more like Lex, and his hairline is even receding in a similar even though he'd be the same age as Clark in his prime.

I distinctly remember Jurgens saying that Jon was supposed to take after his dad psychically and in appearance (as much as a child can take after a parent) and his mother in temperament and gumption. I don't think either are supposed to look like actual clones of Clark anymore though.

But we haven't see Bendis' Conner yet though, so we don't know for sure yet. But I'm personally down for more Lex callbacks in his appearance. I always liked how Johns would have Conner worry about his hairline. A perfect encapsulation of all of his insecurities on his genetics while being so distinctly human and relatable.
    I don't know. That was never explicitly mentioned. Even in Johns retcon, the human dna was altered to mimic Kryptonian dna. The goal was to recreate Superman. In YJ the show, he looks like a teenage Superman even with the gaps in his DNA filled with human dna. Match still looked identical to him. In other media he has some of Lex's features. In Smallville he started looking like Lex with Clark's hair but according to the Smallville Comic behind the scenes it's noted his physical have changed to be more like Clark's. In Reign he has Lex's grey eyes.
    main-qimg-a510669c498cd8dd933cd57dd8421a8b.jpg

Superboy61p20.jpg
    Last edited by 13th Superman; 02-23-2019 at 01:04 PM.

But, I mean, he was show to actually be going bald similar to Lex under Johns' pen. And he was also shown to be physically larger/more built than Clark was at his age.

Plus, he ended up looking physically different from what Clark looked like at 30 something in Titans Tomorrow. He was shown to be balding and taking after some of Lex's facial traits.

That's not to say he still didn't look a great deal like Clark, but Johns seemed to be moving him away from being perfectly identical, to more so having a great, great resemblance.

Edit: it should also be noted that artist and writers intent alters things issue to issue and story to story, so I take it all with a grain of salt and classify it as speculation till something definitive is said on the page.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 02-23-2019 at 01:19 PM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    But, I mean, he was show to actually be going bald similar to Lex under Johns' pen. And he was also shown to be physically larger/more built than Clark was at his age.

Plus, he ended up looking physically different from what Clark looked like at 30 something in Titans Tomorrow. He was shown to be balding and taking after some of Lex's facial traits.

That's not to say he still didn't look a great deal like Clark, but Johns seemed to be moving him away from being perfectly identical, to more so having a great, great resemblance.
    I don't know. I always took that as a simple artistic style than anything denoting baldness just to
    make him stand out from Clark. To me he looked like Clark with a low cut. McKone and Tony Daniels have drawn Superman big as well.

Quote Originally Posted by 13th Superman View Post
    I don't know. I always took that as a simple artistic style than anything denoting baldness just to
    make him stand out from Clark. To me he looked like Clark with a low cut. McKone and Tony Daniels have drawn Superman big as well.
    I'm talking about Conner when he was teen being bigger than Clark was as a teen. That seems pretty uniform across all artist during the Johns era.

Like I said up to, it's just speculation till something conclusive and clear is said on the page. I tend to go back and forth on what I think depending on what take I'm looking at.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by 13th Superman View Post
    I don't know. That was never explicitly mentioned. Even in Johns retcon, the human dna was altered to mimic Kryptonian dna. The goal was to recreate Superman. In YJ the show, he looks like a teenage Superman even with the gaps in his DNA filled with human dna. Match still looked identical to him. In other media he has some of Lex's features. In Smallville he started looking like Lex with Clark's hair but according to the Smallville Comic behind the scenes it's noted his physical have changed to be more like Clark's. In Reign he has Lex's grey eyes.
    main-qimg-a510669c498cd8dd933cd57dd8421a8b.jpg

Superboy61p20.jpg
    Regardimg the first image, I guess this is Geoff trying to converge Superboy's two origins.

Cadmus try to modify human DNA to create a Superman clone, but it was Lex who used his DNA and Superman DNA to create Conner.

However, it just say they try to mimic Superman abilities with the human DNA modified. It doesn't say the human DNA will be physically identical to Clark.

Regarding the second image, if I'm not mistaken, that's before Geoff retcon. At that moment, Kon was a human clone modifie to look like Superman.
    Last edited by Konja7; 02-23-2019 at 01:57 PM.