Page 38 of 47 FirstFirst ... 28343536373839404142 ... LastLast
    Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MeGrimlock420 View Post
    spoilers:
    Instead of having Cassie say "I'm weird." Bendis could've had Cassie give a simple explanation of how she knows. That's my complaint about it.
    end of spoilers
    That could always still come later.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    That could always still come later.
    Maybe, Bendis tends to skip over continuity issues like this.

spoilers:
    Im pretty disappointed about this issue, its a pretty interesting concept that just got aborted at the last second, is not even that I liked the characters but I loved the idea of it all and it just ammount to pretty much nothing.

It also makes issue 2 worse in retrospect
    end of spoilers

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    spoilers:
    https://imgur.com/a/VZPfrv0 I doubt that happening tbh
    end of spoilers
    It could still happening..

I really doubt that they dont come back to Gemworld...Amethyst is from there and I hope that they bring the Baby back later in the series..

Its really heartbreakening and it deserves a better End.....

https://imgur.com/a/VZPfrv0
    https://screenrant.com/superman-gran...fe-baby-comic/

Until YJ6 the Baby had BLUE BLUE BLUE eyes, how did that change???

And because of Cassie: She is just an Amalgan Version of NEW52 and Pre-Flashpoint.

She has NEW52 Origin+seems to be otherwise the Pre-Flashpoint Cassie...like Superman...
    Last edited by Masterff; 06-05-2019 at 11:20 PM.

Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    Yes ONE use of...
    Like also the NEW52 Superboy did http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/..._v5_013015.jpg
    Other uses http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/...7426-25794.jpg to bend things in any shape
    Dissassemble things
    Interact with electronic http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/...8851-25795.jpg

BUT my favorite uses are:
    1. http://i.imgur.com/YTATGWt.jpg
    2. https://comicvine.gamespot.com/marti...g-mmh-1681657/

I ALWAYS thougt that it would be cool to let him use TTK also in the way Martian Manhunter and let him use TTK to increase his Speed and Strenght by using TTK to increase his Super-Strenght and Speed..

Comic kon- already has the full kryptonian powerset and at kryptonian levels, so his TTK should "Amp" him, but it should give him new ways to do MORE than any mere kryptonian can do like more senses, better shielding, etc, etc

YJ cartoon kon- now that he is stuck at a teenager level of kryptonian power adding his TTK to his powerset should Amp him to superman levels of strength, speed, flight, durability, senses,not to mention give him the fun and cool ways to use TTK that was in the original comic for kon in the 90s.

Kon93

Superman might be the "right" superman, but he is still living in the metaverse that dr Manhattan messed with, 1 without kon in it at all, so it is still wrong.

I think kon is from a amalgamation of the pre Flashpoint DCU and the Rebirth DCU, because he clearly remembers the Kent's, and probably even remembers Jon being born and growing up. It's like if the titans of tomorrow that came back to save Jon and get older crazy Tim drake(savior) was the main metaverse universe still, which it isn't anymore,but could be in the future again.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kon93 View Post
    Comic kon- already has the full kryptonian powerset and at kryptonian levels, so his TTK should "Amp" him, but it should give him new ways to do MORE than any mere kryptonian can do like more senses, better shielding, etc, etc

YJ cartoon kon- now that he is stuck at a teenager level of kryptonian power adding his TTK to his powerset should Amp him to superman levels of strength, speed, flight, durability, senses,not to mention give him the fun and cool ways to use TTK that was in the original comic for kon in the 90s.
    Yes thats what I meant....

TTK as Meta-Human Power and use it similar to Son Goku KAIOKEN...

What did you think about the baby?

It was ANNOYING and MADE ME ANGRY, that in the first issues Baby had BLUE EYES and now suddently out of nowhere has BROWN EYES...

I must say I LOVED Kon as Father and I wished that he could have brought them with him...Not as family, but as kind of friends...Wayne Foundation could take care of them...
    Last edited by Masterff; 06-06-2019 at 04:06 AM.

So with that, Martha is not the biological daughter of Superboy, does that mean that Conner and Cassie are going to be a couple as they were before flaspoint?

All-New Member

I'll probably get backlash for suggesting this but with the whole baby Martha thing turning-out to be misdirection I'm more convinced than ever that Bendis is subtly setting up Tim and Conner to finally become a thing.

Since this series start almost every issue has Tim making some comment on how eager he is to reunite with Conner, now I know their best friends but Tim forgot everything and everyone from his YJ days Bart, Cissie...ect but again and again its Conner who is emphasized as being the most important person who he torn up about forgetting.

Also the way he had Tim and Stephanie part ways felt off, while the reconfirmation of their feelings for each other was sweet it seems too serene and intentional which in comics usually means heartache is just around the corner. I wouldn't be surprised if that fateful reunion date has Steph discovering the two boys making out for maximum soap opera drama.

And finally the muted way in which Conner and Cassie reference their past relationship, its almost as if Bendis is telling us "Yeah that's not happening this time around". She more than anyone in the group should be the one focused on finding her ex-boyfriend and one being framed as having lost someone important to them but it's not, its Tim and I don't think that's being done without purpose.

in the next number they will travel to the multiverse, they will probably end up in Kingdom Come if this ends up happening my question would be if this convergence number would still be a canon?

Conner will still remember that he met the superman Kingdom Come?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Leaf57 View Post
    I'll probably get backlash for suggesting this but with the whole baby Martha thing turning-out to be misdirection I'm more convinced than ever that Bendis is subtly setting up Tim and Conner to finally become a thing.

Since this series start almost every issue has Tim making some comment on how eager he is to reunite with Conner, now I know their best friends but Tim forgot everything and everyone from his YJ days Bart, Cissie...ect but again and again its Conner who is emphasized as being the most important person who he torn up about forgetting.

Also the way he had Tim and Stephanie part ways felt off, while the reconfirmation of their feelings for each other was sweet it seems too serene and intentional which in comics usually means heartache is just around the corner. I wouldn't be surprised if that fateful reunion date has Steph discovering the two boys making out for maximum soap opera drama.

And finally the muted way in which Conner and Cassie reference their past relationship, its almost as if Bendis is telling us "Yeah that's not happening this time around". She more than anyone in the group should be the one focused on finding her ex-boyfriend and one being framed as having lost someone important to them but it's not, its Tim and I don't think that's being done without purpose.
    You forget the fact that Conner was ALWAYS Tims best friend, they went trough hard times, as Tim lost his dad, as Bruce seemingly died and Tim hold the death Conner in his arms...
    AND the sudden memories of YEARS are also a fact, he has forgotten them for so long time and now he is reunited with him...

AND speaking about new couple I thougt more of HEX and CONNER (although I really DONT KNOW how old Hex is and how old Conner is)..

But I would more like to see Cassie and Conner coming back together...Even this Version of Cassie is more teenager-like....

Quote Originally Posted by Leaf57 View Post

Even if its not with Tim, it would be a hell of a lot more interesting if Kon did end up with a guy. Heck, maybe even Bart.

Kon93

Sorry folks bendis is writing these characters in character, and in character kon is the straighter dude on the entire planet, anyone who has ever read anything with him would know that,and it's obvious when someone acts like this is a possibility to know they didn't read his stories,more like just wanting random characters to be something to make themselves feel a certain way.

Even Tim is straight folks, yes he is a soft batch type guy, but still a guy.

Hex could be a lesbian though, don't know yet, and the not so teen yet teen lantern could find herself at a young age, and that would be different, cause they always wait till they are older to do those kind of stories.

Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by Naruto1996 View Post
    in the next number they will travel to the multiverse, they will probably end up in Kingdom Come if this ends up happening my question would be if this convergence number would still be a canon?

Conner will still remember that he met the superman Kingdom Come?

Man if we don't see some TTK in the kingdom come story it will be a huge loss.

Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    Yes thats what I meant....

TTK as Meta-Human Power and use it similar to Son Goku KAIOKEN...

What did you think about the baby?

It was ANNOYING and MADE ME ANGRY, that in the first issues Baby had BLUE EYES and now suddently out of nowhere has BROWN EYES...

I must say I LOVED Kon as Father and I wished that he could have brought them with him...Not as family, but as kind of friends...Wayne Foundation could take care of them...

Kon should be able to read vibrations, touch things and totally understand them, put up very close force fields, unleash a blunt TK blasts like kryptonians can unleash a solar flare,not to mention everything he could do in his old original series.

The baby and wife story could have been interesting, but like all SUPER stories everything gets reset to the status quo at some point, and kon is now running around with his friends as usual.