Default Does Superman brush his teeth?

I mean, they should be as invulnerable as the rest of him, so does he need to?

Astonishing Member

Probably. Even if his teeth are resistant to most bacteria there is still some that cause bad breath.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

Fantastic Member qwertyuiop1998's Avatar

Considering he will shave his beard, He probably will brush his teeth too
    "Dangerous Zombie! Transform!! Click And Load! Buggle UP! Danger! Danger! Death The Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!" Kamen Rider Gemn
    (In first he's mysterious and evil and now he's psycho and crazy and insane and evil AND "The Meme Lord"LOL.)

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

He would probably vaporize all the bacteria in his mouth when moving at super-speed, but I imagine he'd still keep with it as a habit from childhood, especially if there was a flavor he liked. At minimum he'd still keep a toothbrush and toothpaste and floss in his apartment in case of visitors.
    Buh-bye

Astonishing Member

He needs to clean out all those bugs that collect between his teeth as he flies across the world at super-speed. Feathers, too.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

My nerdiest answer to a question ever: Although his body wouldn't give off or retain elements that make hygiene necessary, not smelling hygienic would be kind of weird. So we always see him shower, sometimes shaving, and I have to imagine brushing is part of all that.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

apparently, he does go to the dentist.

Do super heroes have dental coverage benefits?

Spectacular Member

Even if (and I'm assuming if) his teeth are resistant to cavities and other dental problems, they could probably still stain, so some brushing to keep them white and shiny, and I'm sure he'd still need to floss.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I'm sure Lois makes him. Invulnerable doesn't mean he doesn't get crud stuck in there.
    Assassinate Putin!

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I'm sure Lois makes him. Invulnerable doesn't mean he doesn't get crud stuck in there.
    This. He eats. He'll get stuff in there, his breath will stink and so forth. Even if it's not for actual health, he really needs to keep the funk down unless we've misinterpreted "super breath" all these years.

There's been a number of panels of Clark brushing his teeth (post-Crisis, the Loeb/McGuiness era I think, at least), so yes he does. It's a fact and everything (if I remember right)!

Whether he *needs* to for health reasons? Probably not? Whether he gets bad breath? Yeah I'd assume so?

But in my head, he does it largely because he likes the taste. I adore the idea of Clark having a weird diet and thinking of brushing his teeth as a snack.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.