Page 17 of 47 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

I hope Bendis replicates the same kind of energy for SB that Tomasi did in this new movie. SB's banter in his first fight was great.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    I hope Bendis replicates the same kind of energy for SB that Tomasi did in this new movie. SB's banter in his first fight was great.
    Tomasi from what i know was not writing the new movie. But yeah! I feel the same way. But, for heaven sake stop with stupid poop jokes.

Kon93

SB did NOT worf yay lol

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Well, there go all my Superboy/Mother box theories lol (really wasn't expecting the inclusion of our new Father box recipient)

I'm starting to think that the showrunners are actually more than fine keeping Conner as this sort of tuned up Captain America deal, and, honestly, so am I.

What I am very interested in is the prospect of a season 4. Apparently during a very recent Reddit AMA, the showrunners teased the idea that they're thinking of doing another time skip because (slightly paraphrasing) "it's what the show has become know for at this point." So, with that in mind, the inclusion of some of the characters we're seeing we've seen in this latest batch of episodes, AND the big ol' that reveal that the likes of Jon and Damian are set up, I think a time skip may very well be coming by.

If that's to be the case, then I'd love it if Conner were the Superman on the Justice League. We've never really see the prospective of the Justice League in the show, and having a lot or most of the original Team members on the League would allow for that.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Well, there go all my Superboy/Mother box theories lol (really wasn't expecting the inclusion of our new Father box recipient)

I'm starting to think that the showrunners are actually more than fine keeping Conner as this sort of tuned up Captain America deal, and, honestly, so am I.

What I am very interested in is the prospect of a season 4. Apparently during a very recent Reddit AMA, the showrunners teased the idea that they're thinking of doing another time skip because (slightly paraphrasing) "it's what the show has become know for at this point." So, with that in mind, the inclusion of some of the characters we're seeing we've seen in this latest batch of episodes, AND the big ol' that reveal that the likes of Jon and Damian are set up, I think a time skip may very well be coming by.

If that's to be the case, then I'd love it if Conner were the Superman on the Justice League. We've never really see the prospective of the Justice League in the show, and having a lot or most of the original Team members on the League would allow for that.

I would like to know how he is going to "step up" then, cause right now he is a mid tier brick with good fighting skills, but that hardly makes a superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Kon93 View Post
    I would like to know how he is going to "step up" then, cause right now he is a mid tier brick with good fighting skills, but that hardly makes a superman.
    Back in season 1 Lex gave him those patches (or was it a drug? this was a long time ago) that gave him more kryptonian powers.

It's likely just about wearing the S and trying more than anything. While John Henry obviously isn't Superman nor even a particularly heavy hitter, he's the one who seems to be representing Superman's image on League right now. Up Conner's skill even more, and make him a legitimate Golden age Superman crossed with Cap situation, and maybe that'll be it. Plus, Conner still seems to be--similar to Clark--more durable than anyone around him at any given time. You saw how he tanked blast from both Sphere and you-know-who at the same time, and only lost a shirt out of the deal.

But I dunno really. I'm just growing increasingly sure that Greg Weisman and the other showrunners are perfectly fine with their Superboy. Character wise it shows. He's among the most matured on the show. He's also got a job, home, and life that he seems totally at content and happy with. Part of him sort of personifies this blue collar hero vibe. I think they're quite happy with him, man.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    Back in season 1 Lex gave him those patches (or was it a drug? this was a long time ago) that gave him more kryptonian powers.
    The thing is, if the Conner now did shields--because it was 100000% a very direct allegory for teen drug use because of feeling of inadequacy--then it would a very, very real regressing in character, and not any sort of triumph or "step up." And, as I've come to see, any legitimization of the shield drugs would totally be at odds with the point of the metaphor in the first place. It wasn't something to master or tame, but rather a demon to get off of his back on the road to self acceptance love.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 01-25-2019 at 08:21 PM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Yeah I remember but going off that substance abuse metaphor, Conner going back to the shields would be framed as a “relapse” instead of a real solution. Either way the bigger barrier stopping Conner from filling Clark’s red boots isn’t his powers but that he’s still stuck in the body of a teenager. That kind of situation would likely hold him back from being taken seriously. Anyway none of that means the showrunners shouldn’t go that direction with Conner in future seasons, if anything it could make it more interesting if he does have problems to overcome.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    Either way the bigger barrier stopping Conner from filling Clark’s red boots isn’t his powers but that he’s still stuck in the body of a teenager. That kind of situation would likely hold him back from being taken seriously.
    See, you, I, or any other real person sees that as an issue, but it's been made abundantly clear that Conner doesn't actually care. As explained last season, Conner has adopted the martian view of the body being nothing more than clothes for the mind. And functionally speaking, Conner's always been large enough to pass for anywhere between 16 and 25, so no one seems to bat an eye in that regard. Besides, in the Young Justice universe, it's well established that Superman started his public career at 21 likely looking not to dissimilar to Conner. He's also got the credibility of being Superman's acknowledged "younger brother."

At this point and time he's pretty darn self-actualized. I think he can be Superman in the future. He just won't be as powerful, but the thing about Young Justice is that such a great level of power is stress not even remotely the end all be all.

Kon93

It's likely just about wearing the S and trying more than anything. While John Henry obviously isn't Superman nor even a particularly heavy hitter, he's the one who seems to be representing Superman's image on League right now. Up Conner's skill even more, and make him a legitimate Golden age Superman crossed with Cap situation, and maybe that'll be it. Plus, Conner still seems to be--similar to Clark--more durable than anyone around him at any given time. You saw how he tanked blast from both Sphere and you-know-who at the same time, and only lost a shirt out of the deal.

But I dunno really. I'm just growing increasingly sure that Greg Weisman and the other showrunners are perfectly fine with their Superboy. Character wise it shows. He's among the most matured on the show. He's also got a job, home, and life that he seems totally at content and happy with. Part of him sort of personifies this blue collar hero vibe. I think they're quite happy with him, man.

The thing is, if the Conner now did shields--because it was 100000% a very direct allegory for teen drug use because of feeling of inadequacy--then it would a very, very real regressing in character, and not any sort of triumph or "step up." And, as I've come to see, any legitimization of the shield drugs would totally be at odds with the point of the metaphor in the first place. It wasn't something to master or tame, but rather a demon to get off of his back on the road to self acceptance love.

You got that right about how he is very content and happy with his life now, he totally is living his dream life with his dream girl.

I can see Greg and Brandon leaving him at this power level, it is pretty good place being a kryptonain 16 year old in body isn't anything to complain about, and he has learned to fight so well he handles the guys like mammoth a lot easier than he did in season 1. Of course it's when he tries to step up and take on superman level problems is when you see how he has problems and literally gets stepped on. It wouldn't bother me at all if he was actually 16,example Reign SB is young and gets knocked around and beat down, which is part of being a "boy", but SB on the show is only boy cause of his frozen age thing, when he is very much a man. I don't see him as a kid, I see him as a man, and as a man he should be shown not as a punching bag but as a possible replace to for superman.

I hope they never go back to those damn shields, that was then and I'm glad that story is behind him and us.

Thought they were gonna have him use Mother or father box tech to step up, but seems halo and cyborg has that covered. Wouldn't mind a Legion ring and collapsing shield as a way to help step up without giving him any powers. Course TTK is my #1 go to power always and forever. I get Greg don't like it and we probably will never see it, and I can live with that... I guess, but it would solve all his power flaws and fill in every hole his kryptonain powers can't fill. Just keep them basic, and all energy instead of a way to blend with his physical powers, make them feel like totally separate powers, like say don't make his punch stronger,instead have him able to push some one away(like convergence superboy did to kingdom come superman).

BTW I laughed when jumped the bed to get to Megan in the shower lol, and was smiling the whole time icicle Jr and him were catching up like friends while trying to fight

What I'm hoping to see from Conner in later seasons is the same sort of imagination that goes into the MCU's depiction of Cap, Bucky, and Black Panther. Obviously on a level befitting that of an early golden age kryptonian, but my main point is the level of imagination in the MCU's choreography with those characters and their superhuman powers. That scene where Cap, Bucky, and BP are running as fast as cars in a tunnel did more for me than any slow-mo super speed scene in any superhero movie. Cap's first fight with Bucky, and Cap's last fight with Tony are more engaging to me than most other fights. Give the guy more elaborate and creative choreography when fighting guys stronger than him. Again, just check out Cap vs Tony.

Again, the show isn't super interested in what character is strongest. They enjoy characters who can out think and out fight the stronger guys. Conner could be that as Superman. Superman as super-solder. Early new 52 Superman mixed with the Ultimate universes.

Kon93

What I'm hoping to see from Conner in later seasons is the same sort of imagination that goes into the MCU's depiction of Cap, Bucky, and Black Panther. Obviously on a level befitting that of an early golden age kryptonian, but my main point is the level of imagination in the MCU's choreography with those characters and their superhuman powers. That scene where Cap, Bucky, and BP are running as fast as cars in a tunnel did more for me than any slow-mo super speed scene in any superhero movie. Cap's first fight with Bucky, and Cap's last fight with Tony are more engaging to me than most other fights. Give the guy more elaborate and creative choreography when fighting guys stronger than him. Again, just check out Cap vs Tony.

Again, the show isn't super interested in what character is strongest. They enjoy characters who can out think and out fight the stronger guys. Conner could be that as Superman. Superman as super-solder. Early new 52 Superman mixed with the Ultimate universes.

I can definitely see that, and I agree about better choreographed fighting for him.

Will always want TTK

But

Can he Atleast get a shield lol

Kon93

I want a rematch between SB and Lobo, but this time SB beats him, not by overpowering him, but by out fighting him.by this time he should have skills, that with his powers, make him a very good hand to hand combatant.

Spectacular Member

They need to desperately up Conner's powerset. This leaping Hulk/Superboy is tired.

I want a rematch between SB and Lobo, but this time SB beats him, not by overpowering him, but by out fighting him.by this time he should have skills, that with his powers, make him a very good hand to hand combatant.
    I think we're about due an episode that's at least half focused on Conner. That'll probably allow for the time and room for him to go all master combatant on someone.

I'd actually love an episode of him, Cyborg, and Steel (sort of a "men of steel" theme) that's set in Metropolis. As established before, John Henry knows Vic's dad, and it can be assumed that Conner is close with John Henry to some degree. Make it like a slight homage to Reign Of The Supermen insofar as you have Superboy, Steel, and a Cyborg. Build it around the idea that this is them filling in for Superman, and Vic's dad trying to keep an eye on him. Also use this as a chance to update us on Conner's ties to the Kent family (and baby Jon). A scene of talking to Lois about the engagement would be quite welcomed I imagine.

Conner would even be able to impart some mentoring advice onto Vic given the fact that both felt neglected, unappreciated, and overall unseen by their father figures. I was under the impression that Brion was to be Conner's mentee, and the character he most saw himself in, but Vic is far more in line with what Conner was about at his age. Plus, Vic does have the whole New Gods thing going.