Page 18 of 47 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast
    Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by objectivewatcher2013 View Post
    They need to desperately up Conner's powerset. This leaping Hulk/Superboy is tired.

I want TTK, but I don't see it happening.

Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    I think we're about due an episode that's at least half focused on Conner. That'll probably allow for the time and room for him to go all master combatant on someone.

I'd actually love an episode of him, Cyborg, and Steel (sort of a "men of steel" theme) that's set in Metropolis. As established before, John Henry knows Vic's dad, and it can be assumed that Conner is close with John Henry to some degree. Make it like a slight homage to Reign Of The Supermen insofar as you have Superboy, Steel, and a Cyborg. Build it around the idea that this is them filling in for Superman, and Vic's dad trying to keep an eye on him. Also use this as a chance to update us on Conner's ties to the Kent family (and baby Jon). A scene of talking to Lois about the engagement would be quite welcomed I imagine.

Conner would even be able to impart some mentoring advice onto Vic given the fact that both felt neglected, unappreciated, and overall unseen by their father figures. I was under the impression that Brion was to be Conner's mentee, and the character he most saw himself in, but Vic is far more in line with what Conner was about at his age. Plus, Vic does have the whole New Gods thing going.

And a Cyborg lol.

Yeah what a cool episode that would be having them all in Metropolis, I feel we have missed out on something by not having SB in Metropolis and interacting with the cast and the city itself.

I would love to see Lois and conner have any kind of interaction, it is also very sorely missed. I want to see SB holding baby jon, I think that 1 scene will make this whole season for me. I really would like to see the "men of Steel"
    Going up against some of superman's regular rogues gallery. I can't believe we haven't had a episode like this already, I sometimes forget that SB is even a part of the Super cast, and more his own thing with the team.

Conner should be a feared guy to the bad guys, not because he is the most powerful guy around, but because he can kick ass and is smart enough to ruin ur schemes

Kon93

Besides watching SB kick ass like a pro, these were 2 funny and great parts this week on YJ.

I feel like Connor needs someone like Icicle Jr. in his comic supporting cast. A dudebro frenemy if that makes sense.

A Super-family focused Connor episode would be cool. I like the idea of him trying to mentor both Brion and Cyborg at the same time.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I feel like Connor needs someone like Icicle Jr. in his comic supporting cast. A dudebro frenemy if that makes sense.

A Super-family focused Connor episode would be cool. I like the idea of him trying to mentor both Brion and Cyborg at the same time.
    That is an awesome idea!! I loved when Artemis and Icicle teamed up with Hourman and Liberty Bell in the JSA Classified story(is that where it was or the JSA All-Stars comic?) Anyway, I would love to see Kon get another series and someone like Icicle be a best bud...complete juxtaposition from Tim and Bart.

conner was mentioned in the annual flash # 2
    so it seems both rebirth bart and connor are the versions pre flashpoint

Quote Originally Posted by Kon93 View Post
    Besides watching SB kick ass like a pro, these were 2 funny and great parts this week on YJ.

Yeah that part was hilarious, kinda reminded me of Jake Peralta and Doug Judy from Brooklyn 99

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Naruto1996 View Post
    conner was mentioned in the annual flash # 2
    so it seems both rebirth bart and connor are the versions pre flashpoint
    Bart mentions Conner, because he's looking for his friends. In Young Justice, Tim also knows Conner.

Why do you conclude he's the Pre-Flashpoint version?

So far, the images about the past of Conner in Young Justice show him with clothes he never used. So, Conner has likely a "new version" of his story.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    Yeah that part was hilarious, kinda reminded me of Jake Peralta and Doug Judy from Brooklyn 99
    Yes this was fun. Enjoyed both moments! I wish he had a frenemy like Jr. Bart remembered being Impulse, Kid Flash and Flash but remains young like Wally. Guess that's what they may do with Conner, but why are the characters deaged? Large segments of pre Flashpoint are back but some bits like Cassie's origin still remain. Wonder if that will be explained?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by 13th Superman View Post
    Yes this was fun. Enjoyed both moments! I wish he had a frenemy like Jr. Bart remembered being Impulse, Kid Flash and Flash but remains young like Wally. Guess that's what they may do with Conner, but why are the characters deaged? Large segments of pre Flashpoint are back but some bits like Cassie's origin still remain. Wonder if that will be explained?
    Conner will probably have a "new version" of his story in Young Justice. We don't know why he's in Gemworld, but this is likely a story in the current continuity.

Bendis let the idea and explanation of Bart return to Flash writer. So, Bart with his Pre-Flashpoint story in Flash won't necessary reflect Bendis writing in Young Justice.

I've understood Bendis like to ignore old continuity.

And with Bendis in charge of the Superman books we can assume than the return of Conner will be explained according them or at least expanded.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Kon93

OK I think SB will remember a Rebirth version of his old history, while seamlessly staying young.

But really is it so much a stretch for these heroes just to remember their old time lines really? I mean hawkman and hawk girl remember multiple lifetimes and their brains haven't turned to mush, I think ppl in the DCU can remember 1 more lifetime and survive.

But I'm not holding my breath on that

I wonder if Bendis will revive the Conner/Cassie relationship?

BANNED

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

the Kent family with baby Kon and Jon