Page 28 of 47 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

You know I really hope this sticks. With Jon filling the teenage Superboy role. I think it's a good idea to give Conner a family to distinguish himself and it could lead to great nice family stories as well, like him trying to teach his wife earth customs and of course introducing them to Clark. With Clark not raising his family anymore Conner doing it would definitely be interesting.

spoilers:
    I laughed my butt off when Bendis essentially had Kon go “yeah this was pretty fun but it’s also a waste of my time” to the Johns status quo. I’m glad Kon isn’t going to be hiding behind a secret identity. As for the wife and kid... Bendis certainly has no problem shaking things up does he? It’s going to be really interesting if this sticks assuming it’s not a fakeout.
    end of spoilers

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    You know I really hope this sticks. With Jon filling the teenage Superboy role. I think it's a good idea to give Conner a family to distinguish himself and it could lead to great nice family stories as well, like him trying to teach his wife earth customs and of course introducing them to Clark. With Clark not raising his family anymore Conner doing it would definitely be interesting.
    I dont hope its real.....

A kid of Cassie and Conner would be more cool than a kid of Conner and a random woman...
    And I also hope that he gets a chance to get back in school-I dont know how he will pay for his family, when he doesnt have a job, a degree etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    spoilers:
    I laughed my butt off when Bendis essentially had Kon go “yeah this was pretty fun but it’s also a waste of my time” to the Johns status quo. I’m glad Kon isn’t going to be hiding behind a secret identity. As for the wife and kid... Bendis certainly has no problem shaking things up does he? It’s going to be really interesting if this sticks assuming it’s not a fakeout.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I doubt it sticks, if only because I doubt a random new Gemworld wife and kid is going to be something that sticks to Conner in the long-run or could be well-developed in a teenage Superhero team book.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    spoilers:
    I doubt it sticks, if only because I doubt a random new Gemworld wife and kid is going to be something that sticks to Conner in the long-run or could be well-developed in a teenage Superhero team book.
    end of spoilers
    It may be a teen book but I don't think Kon needs to remain a teen in the traditional sense. I get the sense that Bendis wants to raise Conner's profile within the team to mirror Superman's in the League. Whether the family lasts or not, I feel like Kon's maturity as a leader will be something that sticks. I think people are tired of an angsting Kon and want the character to grow. This is likely Bendis' blunt way of getting that across. Despite his look, it's not a call back to earlier versions but a steep progression that will hopefully be long lasting and not isolated in elseworld stories like I2. I'm not saying he needs to be like Clark in personality, just the role he plays his portion of the DCU once Bendis brings them back to earth.
    Last edited by rpmaluki; 03-06-2019 at 11:26 PM.

Kon93

I'm glad he shrugged off the Clark lite chains, but he did it in the worst way possible, with a whole class full of kids and cell phones.

Guessing it's magic conjured from his own imagination, and he will have to UN conjure them to get free.

I wouldn't mind synchronicity between the comic, the YJ show, and the Titans show. Early 20s, more mature, but still able to get pissed or to play around with the bad guys while beating them up.

Now give me TTK

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kon93 View Post
    I'm glad he shrugged off the Clark lite chains, but he did it in the worst way possible, with a whole class full of kids and cell phones.

Guessing it's magic conjured from his own imagination, and he will have to UN conjure them to get free.

I wouldn't mind synchronicity between the comic, the YJ show, and the Titans show. Early 20s, more mature, but still able to get pissed or to play around with the bad guys while beating them up.

Now give me TTK
    I hope that he keeps TTK and his Full Kryptonian Powers...

I dont understand if his wife is a farmer or a female warrior.....I first thougt that he has a shield and swords on her back like wonder woman, but looking more closely it could also things which a farmer may use...

I think that not even his TTK work under red sun or? For a while the TTK worked without Sun (Pre-Flashpoint)...

I hope that he gets back to school on earth-maybe half-time working and school...

I also wonder if he keeps his wife and if this is really his son or this isnt his son and he leaves wife on gemworld...

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

it's a shame really it's some fans that stop characters from evolving and end up doing them the most damage.

These characters have been stagnant for so long. Comics and trends have moved on and yet some fans want a return to how it was back in the day. Down to the samey love interest.

I like this direction for Conner it's different and interesting. I hope it last. Bendis has been going on and on about the brilliant story he wants to tell with Conner. that's the whole point this team returned on the strength of Conner story. I think Bendis is going to give us a teen parent story. I just hope it's not a single parent story since we already had Roy for that.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    I hope that he keeps TTK and his Full Kryptonian Powers...

I dont understand if his wife is a farmer or a female warrior.....I first thougt that he has a shield and swords on her back like wonder woman, but looking more closely it could also things which a farmer may use...

I think that not even his TTK work under red sun or? For a while the TTK worked without Sun (Pre-Flashpoint)...

I hope that he gets back to school on earth-maybe half-time working and school...

I also wonder if he keeps his wife and if this is really his son or this isnt his son and he leaves wife on gemworld...
    I could be wrong but the wife doesn't look like she's a farmer, at least she's not dressed lie one but then again, neither is Kon. The baby has a super spit curl, I'd say he's definitely his son.
    Last edited by rpmaluki; 03-07-2019 at 09:35 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    it's a shame really it's some fans that stop characters from evolving and end up doing them the most damage.

These characters have been stagnant for so long. Comics and trends have moved on and yet some fans want a return to how it was back in the day. Down to the samey love interest.

I like this direction for Conner it's different and interesting. I hope it last. Bendis has been going on and on about the brilliant story he wants to tell with Conner. that's the whole point this team returned on the strength of Conner story. I think Bendis is going to give us a teen parent story. I just hope it's not a single parent story since we already had Roy for that.
    Thats NOT TRUE! I was always the one who hoped that Kon El will grow up etc.

BUT! They build up a great relationship between Cassie and Conner, which was my favorite one of all DC relationships..
    AND! a half Kon-El and half Cassie Daughter would be awesome...Imagine a Woman with Kon-Els Powers and Amazons Fighting Skills (Sword,Shield etc.)

My scenario would have been:

Kon El reunites with Impulse,Cassie,Tim.... They then move in another town like for example San Francisco, open their a Titans Tower and work there..
    Maybe Green Arrow could help them-I would LOVE to see interaction between Oliver Queen and Conner....They seem to have a similar character...
    Kon,Cassie,Tim,Bart could go to College there together,have a town of their own to protect...Cassie and Kon could marry, get kids etc.
    Kon could adopt the Codename Flamebird,Cassie Wonder Lady,Bart White Flash, Tim Red Robin.............(just examples)...
    So they could get a whole town to protect, find their own way, reshape their secret identity...

So evolving yes,but not a with a random wife while he simply had a perfect relationship with Cassie, which would be more interesting...
    A kid of Cassie with her amazon demigodess background would be cool-AND!!! it would be so COOL!!! to see Diana (Wonder Woman), Clark (Superman) holding the baby and maybe babysit...

I wonder how Diana would react to her niece getting a baby-a baby who belongs to the Wonder and Super- Family..

I was always in favor of an older Conner,Cassie,Bart,Tim.....
    Last edited by Masterff; 03-07-2019 at 09:35 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post

I'm one of those few people who want to see this story play out. I like it. It would suck for Bendis to take this direction and then immediately burn it to the ground before it's had time to percolate. What would be the point? Like I said in another thread, Bendis seems to be pushing the whole Superfamily theme across his books, and now we can add Kon's new family to the existing ones in Superman and AC. I don't think it's an hallucination or some magic trick while he's trapped in Gemworld. Kon made a life for himself all these years he's been gone and I'm not mad about that.

Kon93

This whole issue was about character progression, yes it was to quick, but thats bendis whole point here, and him having a family is just another step in that progression, NOT THE END.

When the family is gone, and they will be at some point, SB will be in a new place in his life and how he thinks, feels, and sees the world.

Kon93

Doesn't everyone else get the humor of some of us fans worried that he was gonna be regressed to kesel age and mindset, to now see that that was so far off that it feels silly now?

He literally came right back from the lemire series, we didnt lose anything, and he is still moving forward, win win in my book, regardless of what side you are on about his "family"

So now superman and lex are grandparents?

Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by Naruto1996 View Post
    So now superman and lex are grandparents?

Yes, of the imaginary baby yes