Page 12 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by 13th Superman View Post
    If you read Peter David's later issues of Young Justice, Kon gets noticeably bigger even before Johns' run with Titans. There's a workroom that Kon benches with his ttk. I'll post some pics later. That period was kind of a transition for Kon visually.
    BWZqjgmIYAAYmwP.jpg

RCO107-1.jpg

9f659149e4851d01698c9a51b6a07b6d.jpg

It may be just artistic but this was the series where he started to beef up in size. I loved Ed McGuinness' take when Kon stopped by The Kent's when Clark was trying to relax there. He was noticeably bigger there two. During Kesel's run he didn't have actual super strength. It was during his time staying with the Kent's that he started to develop non-psychically derived super strength. People do grow and change.

Finally saw Reign. It's ok. I wish the whole saga was a trilogy so we could have more time developing each of the Supermen but oh well. I must say I love this version of Conner. He's about as close to an amalgam of the different takes we'll get. 90s personality and visual, hybrid origin, tron-like suit/Jon Lane Kent outfit, living with the Kent's and receiving the name Conner. Almost a streamlined version. TTK was missing but I expected that was going to be the case. I liked the Easter eggs throughout the film like this:
    Easter Egg.jpg

Looks like Tana and M'gann. I also found his knowledge of pop culture through 90s sitcoms hilarious and is a nice quirk and callback to the character.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Finally saw Reign. It's ok. I wish the whole saga was a trilogy so we could have more time developing each of the Supermen but oh well. I must say I love this version of Conner. He's about as close to an amalgam of the different takes we'll get. 90s personality and visual, hybrid origin, tron-like suit/Jon Lane Kent outfit, living with the Kent's and receiving the name Conner. Almost a streamlined version. TTK was missing but I expected that was going to be the case. I liked the Easter eggs throughout the film like this:
    Easter Egg.jpg

Looks like Tana and M'gann. I also found his knowledge of pop culture through 90s sitcoms hilarious and is a nice quirk and callback to the character.
    Also intresting to point out that he sees Clark as a father figure, where as typical Kon saw Clark as an older Brother

I really enjoyed it. Honestly I'm betting we may get him an Damian as an animated supersons.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Also intresting to point out that he sees Clark as a father figure, where as typical Kon saw Clark as an older Brother

I really enjoyed it. Honestly I'm betting we may get him an Damian as an animated supersons.
    I'm actually happy about this as it's closer to the truth. It never made sense to me for him to be Lex's son but Clark's brother. I guess that's due to him being raised by Ma and Pa Kent but that line in this movie made me quite happy. It has me wondering what his fate is in the DCAU where they will fit this 90s Kon. I do see him with Damien in a Super Sons animation seeing as he's not quite so different from Jon's happy disposition and the original dynamic won't be lost just because Kon is in the role.

Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Is it just me or does it look like the sides of his head are shaved as well, ala the 90s haircut?
    Yeah looks like they went with a amalgamated version of him.

Kon93

Ok for all those who wonder how the transition from cool,young,and smaller SB to reserved,older,larger Conner was...HERE....

This was 1 month before teen Titans 1 where he was geoffs version.nitice any differences? This was Batgirl series if anyone was wondering

Kon93

And if anyone was wondering about how he felt and used his powers at the same time..1 month,, before TT 1 in Batgirl

Anyone notice ANY differences?lol

Kon93

Easter Egg.jpg

Awesome catch,went right over my head,and I love this.

You catch this 1st issue cover homage?

Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    I'm actually happy about this as it's closer to the truth. It never made sense to me for him to be Lex's son but Clark's brother. I guess that's due to him being raised by Ma and Pa Kent but that line in this movie made me quite happy. It has me wondering what his fate is in the DCAU where they will fit this 90s Kon. I do see him with Damien in a Super Sons animation seeing as he's not quite so different from Jon's happy disposition and the original dynamic won't be lost just because Kon is in the role.
    He calls him this in the comics AT 1ST also,but moves into a brother thing very soon after,sorry guys.

Definitely think he is meant to take Jon's place in the DCAU,and no I would rather jon be with damian,but both the YJ universe and the DCAU ars taking huge liberties with SB and jon

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kon93 View Post
    He calls him this in the comics AT 1ST also,but moves into a brother thing very soon after,sorry guys.
    I have understood Kon wasn't clone of Superman at first, right? So, why he consider Superman his father at first?

It would be interesting to see how Conner see Superman in Young Justice comic by Bendis.

Quote Originally Posted by Kon93 View Post
    Definitely think he is meant to take Jon's place in the DCAU,and no I would rather jon be with damian,but both the YJ universe and the DCAU ars taking huge liberties with SB and jon
    I agree.

At this point, it would be pretty difficult to have Supersons with Damian and Jon, since Damian is a teenager, while Jon has not even been conceived.

I guess the films will mantain the situation of Conner considering Clark his father.

Incredible Member

Here a fan letter appeared in the back of the comic Superboy # 26 (vol 3)

Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    I have understood Kon wasn't clone of Superman at first, right? So, why he consider Superman his father at first?

It would be interesting to see how Conner see Superman in Young Justice comic by Bendis.

I agree.

At this point, it would be pretty difficult to have Supersons with Damian and Jon, since Damian is a teenager, while Jon has not even been conceived.

I guess the films will mantain the situation of Conner considering Clark his father.
    In the comics he always went by clone of superman,not son,i think I wrote that wrong after I reread my own post.

He has never thought of him as daddy,more brother,calls the kents ma and pa.

the DCAU is probably running with SB and Damian at some point,BUT the YJ universe is going in another direction,a direction to keep the show going for a long time(if you watched today's episodes).

Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post
    Here a fan letter appeared in the back of the comic Superboy # 26 (vol 3)

Yep this was geoffs manifesto,he wanted it,and he got it.

Kon93

Btw SB on the YJ show is in extreme need of a power up.just sad to watch,today's episode just shows,SB cant take anybodies place anytime soon UGH.

Kon93

So by my count we have
    YJ comic
    YJ show
    Reign movie
    Titans show
    Injustice
    All still active or possible in the future.