Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 681
  1. #16
    AT EASE, LOO-SUH! Superlad93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,744

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kon93 View Post
    He was eliminated from the Reign(which was blasphemy) and took on more of a Smallvile/YJ show/new 52/matrix type of breakout and inclusion in superman's life.

    Atleast this kinda goes with the cover showing him having heat vision in his new punk look,its like geoffs bland and emo stuff was 1st,then he "found" himself and went punk.
    This actually sounds like a solid ass characterization that'd I'd be all for.
    #MakeAlexGreatAgain

    "Your videos give us hope. They give us strength in these times of slow normals, Chun-Li costumes and rampant New York fires.
    We shall overcome. The day will come when we are all warmed up."


    -Coffee That

    PM me if you tryina mix it up in SFV (and Dragon Ball FighterZ). Just know: the hypa bomb takes no prisoners.

  2. #17
    Ultimate Member Sacred Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    16,269

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Naruto1996 View Post
    So the continuity of Geoff Johns remains intact? Conner remembers his fight with Prime and Blackest Night?
    Beautiful piece, I just greatly hope its a flashback scene, because he needs to stay in the redesigned original costume. It looks like I see Krypto's tail, but there's a mass surrounding it that I can't make out. Maybe a portal that Krypto is going through and that Kon is about to be swallowed by too? Maybe showing how he got to Gemworld in the first place?

    I think this is heading toward what I originally thought all along, that whether by design or happenstance Conner was taken somewhere (we now know that somewhere to be Gemworld) before Flashpoint happened. Thus he wasn't rebooted in the sense most other characters were because he wasn't there to BE rebooted; he was protected from Manhattan's meddling. Somewhat similar to the two Superman situation. I'm anticipating he's going to have memories of the verbatim pre-FP world, not even taking into account the Reborn changes after it was restored. We could be in for a delayed "Reborn effect, be it immediate or gradual, on him when he gets back to Earth.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 01-01-2019 at 01:59 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

    "Now why don't we step up here and everybody get stepped up, and let's get some stepped up personal space up in this place." - Phillip Jacobs

  3. #18
    Fantastic Member Naruto1996's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    307

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Beautiful piece, I just greatly hope its a flashback scene, because he needs to stay in the redesigned original costume. It looks like I see Krypto's tail, but there's a mass surrounding it that I can't make out. Maybe a portal that Krypto is going through and that Kon is about to be swallowed by too? Maybe showing how he got to Gemworld in the first place?

    I think this is heading toward what I originally thought all along, that whether by design or happenstance Conner was taken somewhere (we now know that somewhere to be Gemworld) before Flashpoint happened. Thus he wasn't rebooted in the sense most other characters were because he wasn't there to BE rebooted; he was protected from Manhattan's meddling. Somewhat similar to the two Superman situation. I'm anticipating he's going to have memories of the verbatim pre-FP world, not even taking into account the Reborn changes after it was restored. We could be in for a delayed "Reborn effect, be it immediate or gradual, on him when he gets back to Earth.
    I hope it's a flashback that could open the door to a new round between conner and prime

  4. #19
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    1,181

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    This actually sounds like a solid ass characterization that'd I'd be all for.

    More multi media realignment...maybe?

  5. #20
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    1,181

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Beautiful piece, I just greatly hope its a flashback scene, because he needs to stay in the redesigned original costume. It looks like I see Krypto's tail, but there's a mass surrounding it that I can't make out. Maybe a portal that Krypto is going through and that Kon is about to be swallowed by too? Maybe showing how he got to Gemworld in the first place?

    I think this is heading toward what I originally thought all along, that whether by design or happenstance Conner was taken somewhere (we now know that somewhere to be Gemworld) before Flashpoint happened. Thus he wasn't rebooted in the sense most other characters were because he wasn't there to BE rebooted; he was protected from Manhattan's meddling. Somewhat similar to the two Superman situation. I'm anticipating he's going to have memories of the verbatim pre-FP world, not even taking into account the Reborn changes after it was restored. We could be in for a delayed "Reborn effect, be it immediate or gradual, on him when he gets back to Earth.

    This new suit is cool for now,but I will honestly look forward to seeing him in something new.

    I thought he was punching a alien or something lol.

    I would love if SB kept every bit(atleast up to TT issue 12)of his history was remembered by him.

    Going from gemworld to the real world might change him,but he is already erased from the Reign in the new 52/reborn earth,so either it changes to put him back in the Reign,or will solidify more of a YJ show breakout scenario that doesn't use superman's death as a backdrop.

  6. #21
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    1,181

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Naruto1996 View Post
    I hope it's a flashback that could open the door to a new round between conner and prime

    I hope not,Prime is way to overpowered to be used,I would say way worse than doomsday is.so i would like that to be just behind him from now on

  7. #22
    Ultimate Member Sacred Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    16,269

    Default

    I think once he gets back to Earth, be it via Doomsday Clock or again, maybe Reborn just kinda gradually taking effect, his origin will once again be what it always was. What with the animated films, I don't see them keeping him out of Reign as it exists now in the comics. Just isn't the way they usually roll from a POV of synergy. He'll come back to Earth and eventually Superman and co will remember him and he'll be re-inserted back into the history.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

    "Now why don't we step up here and everybody get stepped up, and let's get some stepped up personal space up in this place." - Phillip Jacobs

  8. #23
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    1,181

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I think once he gets back to Earth, be it via Doomsday Clock or again, maybe Reborn just kinda gradually taking effect, his origin will once again be what it always was. What with the animated films, I don't see them keeping him out of Reign as it exists now in the comics. Just isn't the way they usually roll from a POV of synergy. He'll come back to Earth and eventually Superman and co will remember him and he'll be re-inserted back into the history.

    Well I hope so,even though there has been the smallville show,YJ ahow,and the new 52 that all went without superman's death,so I'm always wondering.

  9. #24
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    476

    Default

    God please keep him in the Geoff suit. Maybe issue 3 is the 'end' of the gemworld story and hes free and changed his wardrobe up.

  10. #25
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    1,181

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    God please keep him in the Geoff suit. Maybe issue 3 is the 'end' of the gemworld story and hes free and changed his wardrobe up.

    I dont want him in either,and I freaking love this character when he was just SB,when he was Conner kent,and now.

    I made a huge collage of looks that would work.

    EVERYONE PICK 1 or as many u like

  11. #26
    Ultimate Member Sacred Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    16,269

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    God please keep him in the Geoff suit. Maybe issue 3 is the 'end' of the gemworld story and hes free and changed his wardrobe up.
    I doubt it. There'd have been absolutely no point to tweak the first suit and reintroduce him in it if they were just going to abandon it two and a half issues in. It wouldn't be hard to think of a narrative reason for it but it just seems like a major waste of time to even bother if Bendis/Gleason wanted to keep his last get-up. This would be like going through the trouble of reintroducing Bart as Impulse with the corresponding costume only to right away make him Kid Flash again.

    I'd say this is about 99% certainty a panel from the explanation of how he got to Gemworld in the first place, which we know will be explained in this very issue.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 01-01-2019 at 06:03 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

    "Now why don't we step up here and everybody get stepped up, and let's get some stepped up personal space up in this place." - Phillip Jacobs

  12. #27
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    1,181

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I doubt it. There'd have been absolutely no point to tweak the first suit and reintroduce him in it if they were just going to abandon it two and a half issues in. It wouldn't be hard to think of a narrative reason for it but it just seems like a major waste of time to even bother if Bendis/Gleason wanted to keep his last get-up. This would be like going through the trouble of reintroducing Bart as Impulse with the corresponding costume only to right away make him Kid Flash again.

    Yeah just changing him in a couple months wouldn't make much sense.....how about 6 months lol.

    Ohn and remember the superman reborn suit,the only trunkless suit everyone who was open to change liked to differing degrees,well that one got pitched...and from the same writer

  13. #28
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    572

    Default

    Well I'm not too thrilled with the spikes and patches. I've always been a fan of simple designs but that's the animator in me talking. That image from Victor Shows Kon with the wrist band on his left arm indicating the time after his resurrection. Manapul specifically added that to add asymmetry to his tee shirt look. I hope they keep that part of his story.

  14. #29
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    476

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kon93 View Post
    I dont want him in either,and I freaking love this character when he was just SB,when he was Conner kent,and now.

    I made a huge collage of looks that would work.

    EVERYONE PICK 1 or as many u like
    If they used something near the upper middle pick, it would’ve been a perfect modernization

  15. #30
    AT EASE, LOO-SUH! Superlad93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,744

    Default

    I like the new punk look quite a bit.

    And I like it maybe more than anything he's wearing in any other media right now. The suits from Reign and the YJ cartoon look conventionally cool, are aesthetically pleasing, and pretty simple and straightforward. But, and lets take the Reign design specifically, it looks and feels like something the artist put him in that would look good. Nothing wrong with that, but gravitate towards the new Young Justice comic specifically because it looks like he, Conner, picked that loud ass, flamboyant, and unique look all himself. It's asymmetrical, patched together in places, and looks like it's coming with the specific message of "yo, I'm right here!"

    It's so very of the current youth generation too. Just take a look at the likes of Jaden Smith, Lil Uzi Vert, and Asap Rocky. Just ask yourself, if these young performers in the real world actually dress like this and set trends, then why on Earth wouldn't a super young superhero?
    #MakeAlexGreatAgain

    "Your videos give us hope. They give us strength in these times of slow normals, Chun-Li costumes and rampant New York fires.
    We shall overcome. The day will come when we are all warmed up."


    -Coffee That

    PM me if you tryina mix it up in SFV (and Dragon Ball FighterZ). Just know: the hypa bomb takes no prisoners.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •