Page 29 of 47 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kon93 View Post
    Yes, of the imaginary baby yes
    "This is an imaginary baby...aren't they all?"

Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    "This is an imaginary baby...aren't they all?"

Well I had 2 real babies,and 1 imaginary 1 myself, so sometimes they are lol.

Doesn't everyone else get the humor of some of us fans worried that he was gonna be regressed to kesel age and mindset, to now see that that was so far off that it feels silly now?

He literally came right back from the lemire series, we didnt lose anything, and he is still moving forward, win win in my book, regardless of what side you are on about his "family"
    You know that's what's so funny about this. I wouldn't have believed this if I hadn't read it myself. Change is scary but it can be a good thing. I'm curious to see where this goes. It'd be cool if the kid had ttk. I wonder what the wife can do?

Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by 13th Superman View Post
    You know that's what's so funny about this. I wouldn't have believed this if I hadn't read it myself. Change is scary but it can be a good thing. I'm curious to see where this goes. It'd be cool if the kid had ttk. I wonder what the wife can do?

I seriously just think bendis asks himself what would be the craziest thing I could do these characters, then does it, like fan fic writers, but being allowed to actually do what he wants.

I think it's all character progression for SB. Bendis shows you SB like he was at the end of the lemire run, he shows you how impulsive and rash he can be as the kesel original was, and now wearing a homage to that original suit, from this point on it'll be how Bendis wants to build his SB from that.

The kid probably has Jon LANE Kent's powers, floating stuff around.

The wife is probably just a nice, sweet, innocent native girl, who everyone reading the comic will fall in love with, and later feel bad for. OR she might turn out to being a evil witch that has been the one who put SB in a "man who has everything" type scenario.

Kon93

random dice roll

Josh teasing more Superboy. It's a annual from the original series where SB acts like Tarzan lol. Hopefully he is reading all SBs comics, all 100,plus the Ravers, YJ, TT, lemires Superboy, John's boy of Steel, etc etc.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by 13th Superman View Post
    It looks like she might be carrying a couple of swords on her back. So, maybe she was a warrior before settling down on the gem farm.

I am starting to see where the "wife and child aren't real" theory is coming from. There is a distinct disconnect between how restless he was in the flashback and how settled he was in the present story. I just took it as acknowledging that it's easier to buck the rules when you have very little to lose than when you have something at stake.

Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    It looks like she might be carrying a couple of swords on her back. So, maybe she was a warrior before settling down on the gem farm.

I am starting to see where the "wife and child aren't real" theory is coming from. There is a distinct disconnect between how restless he was in the flashback and how settled he was in the present story. I just took it as acknowledging that it's easier to buck the rules when you have very little to lose than when you have something at stake.

I actually think what's on her back is a baby crib.the shield is where he lies, and the swords are the base arms

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Okay, so, I'm just gonna say that I don't think Conner has a real wife and child, and I don't think Conner is actually a gem farmer. I think he's playing a part, but is in reality part of an underground resistance movement to oppose Dark Opal. I think the woman is part of said underground resistance, and the baby isn't real.

Why? Well because Conner's back story here promotes a stark contrast to who and what he is on Gemworld in a very direct and deliberate way. Just think about it for a moment: Conner quits school and his secret identity while admitting that he only entertained either roles because of half his DNA. He also quits following rules and norms that are shady or unfair. But then apparently when he gets to Gemworld he becomes a farmer--proclaiming that he's always been a farmer because of half his DNA (a perfect mirror comment to his flashback one)--and bows down to an oppressive rule without a fight. He even pretends like he doesn't know of Earth or Bart when the Opal forces show up. Some may be thinking "well he's doing it for his family, right?" No. That's the misdirect for the reader.

I also think it's worth bringing up one thing about Gemworld that Bendis confirmed: Gem tech and Kryptonian crystal tech are supposed to be linked in some way. Conner is half Kryptonian. I think that's gonna play into his story on Gemworld. I also grow increasingly more sure that Conner is under a red sun with no powers. I'm thinking he lost his powers not too long after he got there, and his rabble rousing caught the eye of the local secret resistance group, and he found himself having to act his polar opposite so stay low-key.

Once he gets back on Earth and discards his beard, I think we'll be seeing an evolution of the Conner Kent we knew.

Side note: It should be clarified that Gemworld is affected by the changes like Flashpoint. That's literally in issue 1 of Young Justice, and the whole reason Dark Opals men attacked Earth. So, it stands to reason that this is the Conner from this continuity, and Bart is the only one on the team that was outside of time when Flashpoint hit.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 03-08-2019 at 12:36 PM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Okay, so, I'm just gonna say that I don't Conner has a real wife and child, and I don't think Conner is actually a gem farmer. I think he's playing a part, but is in reality part of an underground resistance movement to oppose Dark Opal. I think the woman is part of said underground resistance, and the baby isn't real.

Why? Well because Conner's back story here prompts a stark contrast to who and what he is on Gemworld in a very direct and deliberate way. Just think about it for a moment: Conner quits school and his secret identity while admitting that he only entertained either because of half his DNA. He also quits following rules and norms that are shady or unfair. But then apparently when he gets to Gemworld he becomes a farmer--proclaiming that he's always been a farmer because of half his DNA (a perfect mirror comment to his flashback one)--and bows down to an oppressive rule without a fight. He even pretends like he doesn't know of Earth or Bart. Some may be thinking "well he's doing it for his family, right?" No. That's the misdirect for the reader.

I also think it's worth bringing up one thing about Gemworld that Bendis confirmed: Gem tech and Kryptonian crystal tech are supposed to be linked in some way. Conner is half Kryptonian. I think that's gonna play into his story on Gemworld. I also grow increasingly more sure that Conner is under a red sun with no powers. I'm thinking he lost his powers not too long after he got there, and his rabble rousing caught the eye of the local secret resistance group, and he found himself having to act his polar opposite so stay low-key.

Once he gets back on Earth and discards his beard, I think we'll be seeing an evolution of the Conner Kent we knew.

Side note: It should be clarified that Gemworld is affected by the changes like Flashpoint. That's literally in issue 1 of Young Justice, and the whole reason Dark Opals men attacked Earth. So, it stands to reason that this is the Conner from this continuity, and Bart is the only one on the team that was outside of time when Flashpoint hit.

There are big holes in your theory, but it sounds like fun

There are big holes in your theory, but it sounds like fun
    Holes? Interesting. Like what?
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Holes? Interesting. Like what?

Well not your resistance fighter theory, more your theory that he is from the new 52 changed time-line.

Unless the flashback we saw wasn't from right after the lemire/Gallo series, but was from the new 52. That means Manhattan would have had to tear him from the time line, which would eliminate him from all the history we expect him to be a part of, but why would Manhattan let him survive and be in gemworld after he put the energy into erasing him? Mostly when there is always a chance he could make it back to earth.

Idk I like him from the old pre Flashpoint universe, that way we fans from before 2011 have our SB, with all his history, just now in this new crazy upside world.

I think he wanted to make sure we got the point that it was during the johns/manpaul and lemire/Gallo time frame to now just say it was a rude and he is from the new 52 universe

Kon93

are these a real thing? is so I want one.

Arrow

Conner Kent is featured in the latest chapter (four) of my DC/Marvel Crossover Series - "Convergence Point" -

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1319924...vergence-Point

If so inclined, enjoy.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member

Well not your resistance fighter theory, more your theory that he is from the new 52 changed time-line.

Unless the flashback we saw wasn't from right after the lemire/Gallo series, but was from the new 52. That means Manhattan would have had to tear him from the time line, which would eliminate him from all the history we expect him to be a part of, but why would Manhattan let him survive and be in gemworld after he put the energy into erasing him? Mostly when there is always a chance he could make it back to earth.

Idk I like him from the old pre Flashpoint universe, that way we fans from before 2011 have our SB, with all his history, just now in this new crazy upside world.

I think he wanted to make sure we got the point that it was during the johns/manpaul and lemire/Gallo time frame to now just say it was a rude and he is from the new 52 universe
    I'm not sure if Superboy in Young Justice is Pre-Flashpoint Superboy

I mean Superboy in Young Justice was living in Smallville, but that can be the only thing in his history that he has in common with Pre-Flashpoint Superboy.

I don't know why Manhattan will be related with Superboy.

Superman Reborn changed things in New52 timeline, so maybe the Superboy in Young Justice existed again after this change. Conner ended up in Gemworld in an accident.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    I'm not sure if Superboy in Young Justice is Pre-Flashpoint Superboy

I mean Superboy in Young Justice was living in Smallville, but that can be the only thing in his history that he has in common with Pre-Flashpoint Superboy.

I don't know why Manhattan will be related with Superboy.

Superman Reborn changed things in New52 timeline, so maybe the Superboy in Young Justice existed again after this change. Conner ended up in Gemworld in an accident.
    Yeah, plus in issue 1 of Young Justice Tim says "not without Conner" after Bart yells "Young Justice is back." Tim is obviously from the normal timeline. But before, over in Detective Comics, Tim doesn't even know who Conner Kent is. That's obviously changed off screen, so Conner's New 52 life likely changed too.

Even though the Kents are still dead, Conner may have lived with Lana and John Henry? Maybe he lived with Pete Ross (that'd be a great classic Superboy call back)? Haven't seen them in a while. Maybe he secretly lived on his own and went to Smallville High in a misguided attempt to emulate Clark?

There's a number of way you can go about it.