Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by 13th Superman View Post
    Well I'm not too thrilled with the spikes and patches. I've always been a fan of simple designs but that's the animator in me talking. That image from Victor Shows Kon with the wrist band on his left arm indicating the time after his resurrection. Manapul specifically added that to add asymmetry to his tee shirt look. I hope they keep that part of his story.

Yeah it screams post flashpoint history remembered or intact.

Yeah I wouldn't mind a lil more of a simple design,as you can see in all those designs in the collage above.

Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    If they used something near the upper middle pick, it would’ve been a perfect modernization
    Which one? I like many of these

Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    I like the new punk look quite a bit.

And I like it maybe more than anything he's wearing in any other media right now. The suits from Reign and the YJ cartoon look conventionally cool, are aesthetically pleasing, and pretty simple and straightforward. But, and lets take the Reign design specifically, it looks and feels like something the artist put him in that would look good. Nothing wrong with that, but gravitate towards the new Young Justice comic specifically because it looks like he, Conner, picked that loud ass, flamboyant, and unique look all himself. It's asymmetrical, patched together in places, and looks like it's coming with the specific message of "yo, I'm right here!"

It's so very of the current youth generation too. Just take a look at the likes of Jaden Smith, Lil Uzi Vert, and Asap Rocky. Just ask yourself, if these young performers in the real world actually dress like this and set trends, then why on Earth wouldn't a super young superhero?

Most iconic superheroes have simple designs,and by NO way should SB try to be like those young "performers".

He needs a mix,just like his powers need a mix of kesels SB and YJs superboy/geoffs Conner

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kon93 View Post
    Most iconic superheroes have simple designs,and by NO way should SB try to be like those young "performers".

He needs a mix,just like his powers need a mix of kesels SB and YJs superboy/geoffs Conner
    Never said he should specifically be like them. What I basically said was that the youth culture style is far more interested in non conventional individual expression over just the basic idea of looking "cool." That's why I brought up those popular famous young people.

And "iconic" is a game of opportunity. Anything can become iconic. But that's not even what I talking about. I was sharing why I personally think the look is great and fitting. Don't agree or even want to discuss? I'm completely comfortable with that.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Kon93

Never said he should specifically be like them. What I basically said was that the youth culture style is far more interested in non conventional individual expression over just the basic idea of looking "cool." That's why I brought up those popular famous young people.

And "iconic" is a game of opportunity. Anything can become iconic. But that's not even what I talking about. I was sharing why I personally think the look is great and fitting. Don't agree or even want to discuss? I'm completely comfortable with that.

I get ya,I just dont think those are the kind of style or individual expression SB would go far.

The look is good,its just a lil over the top with the spikes,extra belts,and patches,but dont get me wrong,just cause I would like to see another look,this one works just fine also.

I think the Reign movie suit is pretty good 2,but wouldn't mind a happy medium between both the movie and the comic suits.

And just to be totally upfront I wanted SB to comeback atleast as old as he was right before flashpoint.just with some Rebirth changes.

Kon93

Kon93

Incredible Member

Which one? I like many of these
    The 90’s look with black jacket and red/black.

I would honestly have no problem with the new look if there wasn’t just so much red

Kon93

Read the YJ prequel,its finally up on DCU.
    Felt like I was right back in a episode of YJ.the story was a lot of "getting there" type beginning to the story,I'm sure the 2nd part will be more action.very good art,good lines and color.

Get it NOW

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

I get ya,I just dont think those are the kind of style or individual expression SB would go far.
    That's perfectly fine to think that, but you don't actually know this Conner, so you can't really say that. He's a 16 to 18 year old teen of the current generation, and his personality hasn't been shared with us yet.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Kon93

That's perfectly fine to think that, but you don't actually know this Conner, so you can't really say that. He's a 16 to 18 year old teen of the current generation, and his personality hasn't been shared with us yet.

Well superman has been around for decades and has been rebooted multiple times,BUT we all "know" him all the same,same could be said for a SB that is trying hard to be a "punk"version of the orignal.

SB is a alpha,they are not,that is the differnece.they do something weird to get noticed,SB gets noticed for just being.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I first saw Kon during the whole Reign of Superman thing but didn't read it.

The first time I read him was in Marvel vs DC where he's introduced on the beach lifting two sexy women in bikini and then his girlfriend Tanya berated him and wished he disappeared, which he did, whisked away to fight Spider-Man.

5ad4_35.jpg

I don't remember the result of that fight.

I didn't like him because he looks and acts like a douche. My sister didn't like him because he's a perv. It was a while before I see him again and it was a while before I was even interested in him.

Astonishing Member

Well superman has been around for decades and has been rebooted multiple times,BUT we all "know" him all the same,same could be said for a SB that is trying hard to be a "punk"version of the orignal.

SB is a alpha,they are not,that is the differnece.they do something weird to get noticed,SB gets noticed for just being.
    The thing is that Superman has an "stable" personality though years. Also, it helps that he's an iconic character.

The situation of Conner is more complicated, because he is a minor character and his personality had big changes in the past. So, it's possible he changes again.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Glad Kon’s back to a regular book again. It’s been to damn long.

Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    The thing is that Superman has an "stable" personality though years. Also, it helps that he's an iconic character.

The situation of Conner is more complicated, because he is a minor character and his personality had big changes in the past. So, it's possible he changes again.

Then they should change that shouldn't they.maybe if they didn't change him everytime a writer felt like "putting their stamp on him" and kept with what has come before,and what the character would actually do,by again looking at the past,then he would be more consistent.