Page 36 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

He was also already in Batman 71....
    But I really really really love this here...
    It will explain a lot..

Mighty Member

STUPID QUESTION!!!!

He says "The Superboy" and he responds "A Superboy"!!???

Does this has to do with Clark as Superboy or?????????????

I was a moment really really really confused, because he shouldnt know Jon....

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    STUPID QUESTION!!!!

He says "The Superboy" and he responds "A Superboy"!!???

Does this has to do with Clark as Superboy or?????????????

I was a moment really really really confused, because he shouldnt know Jon....
    I guess it's just referred to Jon.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    I guess it's just referred to Jon.
    How does he know JON?????????!!!

As far as I (and many others) understood the flashbacks Kon came to Gemworld, BEFORE!!!!!!!!!!!! Barry traveled back to create Flashpoint....

This means for him:
    -Martha Kent is alive
    -Superman might be married with Lois, but NO KID!

Jon arrived LATER and the TWO SHOULDNT know each other, this is also the reason why Jon is Superboy...

So at this moment its safe to say that Kon is talking about Clark NOT Jon...unless there is NEW explanation..

Astonishing Member

How does he know JON?????????!!!

As far as I (and many others) understood the flashbacks Kon came to Gemworld, BEFORE!!!!!!!!!!!! Barry traveled back to create Flashpoint....

This means for him:
    -Martha Kent is alive
    -Superman might be married with Lois, but NO KID!

Jon arrived LATER and the TWO SHOULDNT know each other, this is also the reason why Jon is Superboy...

So at this moment its safe to say that Kon is talking about Clark NOT Jon...unless there is NEW explanation..
    We are not sure about continuity. We don't know if the flashbacks are before Flashpoint.

These flasbacks could be a Post-Flashpoint origin for Conner that everyone forgot for some reason.

This phrase is a reference that there is more than one Superboy at the same time (like Tim said a similar phrase about "A Robin" in Young Justice #1). So, he is likely speaking about Jon

Also, Clark wasn't Superboy in the Pre-Flashpoint continuity. I've understood his time as Superboy was retconned at some point.
    Last edited by Konja7; 06-03-2019 at 10:09 AM.

Astonishing Member

I'm certain Conner implying the other Superboy is Jon, the only one currently using the name. As to how he knows about Jon, I imagine it's due to parts of Superman's continuity being influx since Reborn with some things not yet set in stone. Either that or more changes are coming. If I remember correctly, a Conner did meet with Jon and Clark, they didn't know him but I'm sure he knew them unless I'm remembering incorrectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    We are not sure about continuity. We don't know if the flashbacks are before Flashpoint.

These flasbacks could be a Post-Flashpoint origin for Conner that everyone forgot for some reason.

This phrase is a reference that there is more than one Superboy at the same time (like Tim said a similar phrase about "A Robin" in Young Justice #1). So, he is likely speaking about Jon

Also, Clark wasn't Superboy in the Pre-Flashpoint continuity. I've understood his time as Superboy was retconned at some point.
    The story of Kon is pre-flashpoint. When Superman Reborn happened because of Mxy. It showed a brief history of Superman. When it got to the Reign of Supermen part, there was no Conner.

Also, in the Super Sons of Tomorrow storyline, future Conner shows up and Clark asks him who he is.

My best guess is when Conner comes back to Earth, and meets Superfamily, the same thing is going to happen like the Titans remembering Wally. As far as him maybe knowing who Jon is. If I'm not mistaken, Gemworld and Earth are linked in some way. Conner may have gotten info from someone who got teleported there like Conner did.

Incredible Member

It also could hav just been that Bendis screwed up and will now have to address it since everyone seems to b asking He same question.

Mighty Member

Not completely true..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superboy#Infinite_Crisis
    Here its stated that Infinite Crisis brought CLARK AS SUPERBOY back in History AND!!! Conner met Superboy Clark once...
    Something happened and the young Clark as SUPERBOY traveled to this time and met leather-jacket Conner and fought against him,because he thougt that he is the Superboy, but then realized that he was wrong here, because of the barn at the farm being at the wrong size...

So I am quite sure that he talks about CLARK AS SUPERBOY

Mighty Member

Here this is POST-CRISIS and PRE-FLASHPOINT
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superman:_Secret_Origin

Besides it makes at least for NO SENSE, to bring Young Justice and leather Jacket Conner back and bring them back as NEW CHARACTERS WITHOUT PRE-FLASHPOINT Origin..

So I hope that the PRE-FLASHPOINT Origin is still in charge, BUT was forgotten....

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by MeGrimlock420 View Post
    The story of Kon is pre-flashpoint. When Superman Reborn happened because of Mxy. It showed a brief history of Superman. When it got to the Reign of Supermen part, there was no Conner.

Also, in the Super Sons of Tomorrow storyline, future Conner shows up and Clark asks him who he is.

My best guess is when Conner comes back to Earth, and meets Superfamily, the same thing is going to happen like the Titans remembering Wally. As far as him maybe knowing who Jon is. If I'm not mistaken, Gemworld and Earth are linked in some way. Conner may have gotten info from someone who got teleported there like Conner did.
    ANOTHER IDEA could be:

Conner reminds at: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superman:_Secret_Origin Clark as Superboy (this is PRE-FLASHPOINT and POST-CRISIS, so it was in charge before Flashpoint)
    and thinks at this other Superboy...

As far as I remind from this melted Origin is, that it came out of CLARKS MEMORIES or??????

Wasnt it so that he began to forgot, dont remember certain events and stories and he went to the Fortress to collect his memories or so? And so this memories could still have holes in it...
    So he simply forgot Conner and so he was left out here..

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MeGrimlock420 View Post

Consistency isn't the strong point for DC.

That's why I said "Conner's flasbacks could be from a Post-Flashpoint origin for Conner that everyone forgot for some reason".

Not completely true..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superboy#Infinite_Crisis
    Here its stated that Infinite Crisis brought CLARK AS SUPERBOY back in History AND!!! Conner met Superboy Clark once...
    Something happened and the young Clark as SUPERBOY traveled to this time and met leather-jacket Conner and fought against him,because he thougt that he is the Superboy, but then realized that he was wrong here, because of the barn at the farm being at the wrong size...

So I am quite sure that he talks about CLARK AS SUPERBOY
    Even if the time of Clark as Superboy existed in Pre-Flashpoint, we can't be totally sure if Conner is from Pre-Flashpoint timeline.

I really doubt Conner is talking about Clark.

As I said, the phrase of Conner is similar to the phrase of Tim in Young Justice #1. So, Conner likely means that there more than one Superboy at the same time.
    Last edited by Konja7; 06-03-2019 at 09:02 PM.

Mighty Member

That's why I said "Conner's flasbacks could be from a Post-Flashpoint origin for Conner that everyone forgot for some reason".

Even if the time of Clark as Superboy existed in Pre-Flashpoint, we can't be totally sure if Conner is from Pre-Flashpoint timeline.

As I said, the phrase of Conner is similar to the phrase of Tim in Young Justice #1. So, Conner likely means that there more than one Superboy at the same time.
    I personally think that he is talking about Clark, otherwise we should have get another explanation and like I wrote above he MET Clark as Superboy, he fought for short time against him (Superboy vs Superboy) AND! like its written here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superboy_(Kon-El) în the section "Teen Titans (2003–2005)" he was also brought once to the 31 century by the Legion because he was mistaken with SUPERBOY CLARK KENT...

So he met Clark as Superboy,fought against him and was mistaken as he was Superboy by the Legion who thougt that he is Superboy Clark...

And the problem with the pictures of the melted timeline is that if I remind right they consists of CLARKS MEMORIES....he fly backs to the Fortress to collect his memories and this cames out, so this means that he simply forgot Conner....because he wasnt anymore in this timeline...

And like I said I DONT HOPE that they give him a new Origin,because the old one made a legend out of him and he is one of the characters who wouldnt work with new Origin, ESPECIALLY now when he has a rival...and explaining how he will become a member of Clarks Family if Clark doesnt know him already will be hard...

Tim would be well aware of Jon through Damian. He likely just told Conner about Jon off panel.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midnighter View Post
    Tim would be well aware of Jon through Damian. He likely just told Conner about Jon off panel.
    I dont know if they wouldnt show it, because its a kind of crucial part...
    And like I said before Conner is well aware of Clark being Superboy in his early career...