Page 7 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

So, it is official and almost guaranteed now Kon is the one going with the legion.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Ok. I did not understand a word you just said. I think you are just too excited. Superboy reborn what???
    Really? I thought I was pretty clear. Superman Reborn (the story) took past pre-52 continuity and reconxtulized it to fit a new continuity. For example, Lois never meets Ma and Pa, Lor-Zod is never Chris Kent, and Lois is pregnant with Jon shortly into the marriage. But Superman still wore his New 52 suit, Kara still has her New 52 history, and Clark took time away from being a public hero. Some stories had to be reworked like any story that had Ma or Pa in it.

When I say "Superboy Reborn" I'm talking about something similar for Conner. So, Johns' run where Conner lived in Smallville with Ma after Pa's passing would be reworked to take place in Hamilton, and Ma taking him in would be replaced with Lois and Clark taking him in.

That's all I said. Where wasn't clear in my first post so I can rectify it?
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Hmmm, interesting. I almost thought that moment with Johns' Superboy was some sort of isolated and quick look back at past continuity, but the continued pages seem to indicate that it's part of Conner's current history.

Maybe Bendis is doing a sort of "Superboy Reborn" deal with past continuity. Holy crap! Is that a giant "H" in the center of that football stadium? H as in Hamilton County? Dude, Clark and Lois may have actually had Conner stay at the house ala Hunter Prince, but likely in a cousin or brother sense.

Bendis may just give everyone their older Conner/kid Jon moment in the Conner issue of YJ. That would be HUGE internet nerd brownie point right now. It would also layer their meeting in the present day with some history. And it would score Rebirth Clark even more mentor points over all of his past incarnations.

I was already hype as sh!t for this issue but now I'm gonna damn near explode.

Yep,fitting SB into superman's history "as is",while layering the ongoing story of all the SUPER characters,sounds cool.

I can't wait either

Kon93

Really? I thought I was pretty clear. Superman Reborn (the story) took past pre-52 continuity and reconxtulized it to fit a new continuity. For example, Lois never meets Ma and Pa, Lor-Zod is never Chris Kent, and Lois is pregnant with Jon shortly into the marriage. But Superman still wore his New 52 suit, Kara still has her New 52 history, and Clark took time away from being a public hero. Some stories had to be reworked like any story that had Ma or Pa in it.

When I say "Superboy Reborn" I'm talking about something similar for Conner. So, Johns' run where Conner lived in Smallville with Ma after Pa's passing would be reworked to take place in Hamilton, and Ma taking him in would be replaced with Lois and Clark taking him in.

You did.good,I just want to hear it more lol,and read the **** out of it NOW

Oh! Okay. I thought you meant. We are going to have even more merging business of two superboys. You just meant a history being inserted into timeline similar to martian manhunter and others. No, it was my mistake. You don't need to rectify the post. It was just confusing to read with hamilton county, clois's brother and superboy reborn and stuff like that. So this means conner is adopted by clark and lois. Since, ma and pa are dead. Jon and Kon are brothers. They lived in Hamilton county together.
    Edit-i don't think ma and pa kents death would be reworked. Since it is a plot point doomsday clock

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    So this means conner is adopted by clark and lois. Since, ma and pa are dead. Jon and Kon are brothers. They lived in Hamilton county together.
    Speculation, yeah. We wouldn't know the actual dynamic. Conner could've either been staying their as Clark's cousin/brother, or he could've legitimately been adopted in as foster kid to Clark and Lois. But at the very least, that picture really does seem to point to the idea that Conner was staying in Hamilton County under Clark and Lois' roof.

i don't think ma and pa kents death would be reworked. Since it is a plot point doomsday clock
    I don't think that's the point of Doomsday Clock. I just think that's what everyone assumes is the point.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Speculation, yeah. We wouldn't know the actual dynamic. Conner could've either been staying their as Clark's cousin/brother, or he could've legitimately been adopted in as foster kid to Clark and Lois. But at the very least, that picture really does seem to point to the idea that Conner was staying in Hamilton County under Clark and Lois' roof.

I don't think that's the point of Doomsday Clock. I just think that's what everyone assumes is the point.
    It is not just speculation. Some events in the past have to be concrete for future where Clark gets angry and punches Manhattan. Death of kents is one those events. there are other like this as well like death of alan scott and non formation of the JSA.. Etc. Johns has been putting emphasis on a characters and world's past effecting the future.manhattan seems to be curious about that event where he gets clocked. So he wants it to happen to know why and reason why clark is the one doing it.
    For the record, I am not trying connect this to the return of kents to the current timeline. That is pure speculation.

Kon93

I think they are giving SB a Matrix/mae type inclusion to the Kent family.she showed up and later she was able to stay with the kents,i think SB got away from Cadmus,then over some amount of time superman took him home and had him set up for a real life as Conner kent,even going to school.

He probably had his kryptonian powers 1st,atlest whatever DC believes he should have(somewhere between the YJ show and full kryptonian powers),and later gained his TTK.same with the suit,and I bet Hamilton came before Hawaii,and the teen Titans came before young justice(could be why bart called himself kid flash,but goes by Impulse now,instead of the reverse).

BANNED

Hmmm, interesting. I almost thought that moment with Johns' Superboy was some sort of isolated and quick look back at past continuity, but the continued pages seem to indicate that it's part of Conner's current history.

Maybe Bendis is doing a sort of "Superboy Reborn" deal with past continuity. Holy crap! Is that a giant "H" in the center of that football stadium? H as in Hamilton County? Dude, Clark and Lois may have actually had Conner stay at the house ala Hunter Prince, but likely in a cousin or brother sense.

Bendis may just give everyone their older Conner/kid Jon moment in the Conner issue of YJ. That would be HUGE internet nerd brownie point right now. It would also layer their meeting in the present day with some history. And it would score Rebirth Clark even more mentor points over all of his past incarnations.

If Bendis tries to pull this off, then I will try to accept him within DC comics now.

Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    If Bendis tries to pull this off, then I will try to accept him within DC comics now.

Yeah if he can pull all this together and make it work i might overlook other things that have bothered me he has done.

I really want to read this new superboy rebirth/reborn type origin and history now,it has a lot of potential to surprise and actually work.

Kon93

Having a superboy and the Racers poster on Jon's wall and how older Titans of tomorrow SB during the super sons crossover felt a strong desire to help Jon,maybe are clues of SB and Jon spending time together in Hamilton.

Hate to rain on the parade but that’s a helicopter pad. They all have Hs on them.

BANNED

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kon93 View Post
    Ok 1st cassie is to young for SB on the show,he is 23,it doesn't matter that his body doesn't age,he is 23.
    Isn't he technically 7?

Quote Originally Posted by Stardust View Post
    Isn't he technically 7?
    He is chronologically about 7, physiologically 16 (At least visibly. Still aging internally), but mentally 23-24. He's been through high school and college. In his mind it'd be like a college grad dating a high schooler. Dude's mentally mature enough to own a home with his girlfriend now fiance not to mention propose to her with an engagement ring.