Page 1 of 62 123451151 ... LastLast

Default Jon Kent Appreciation 2019

In order to maintain reasonable length threads, certain threads are re-setting for the new year.

Do NOT re-post from previous threads - those posts are still around and can be read by anyone.

This is for new Appreciation content only.

Please note that this is an Appreciation thread. Anything off-topic and/or not appreciative will be deleted and the poster may be banned for rules violations.
    Gaelforce
    WonderAdmin
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES - Ignorance of the rules is no excuse!

New thread of Jonathan Samuel Kent!! Love this chibi version!

"My heart is tied to the fate of yours. The only test of strength that will ever truly challenge me, is to be vulnerable next to you. To trust...you." - For Lois (Shane Koyczan)

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Superboy meets the former Robins

Jon and Jason

Jon and Richard

Jon and Tim
    It Is such a shame we never got these

Happy New Year to Jon, our Rebirth Superboy .

Mighty Member

I bought myself the Super Sons Omnibus for Christmas. Such a worthwhile purchase and well worth the reread.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

I think he's a fun kid and i look forward to seeing his older self.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

The first time I saw him was when he was born during Convergence, but I had no interest in him because I thought it was just a happy ending to previous continuity and my main focus was in the then present continuity.

417156._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

Then they moved the whole family to New 52 and I was like, whaaa? Everyone started speculating that the New 52 Superman will be replaced by the Post Crisis fam, and I immediately dislike it because it's complicating an already messy continuity, so I was still indifferent of him.

The first time I was actually interested in him was when they announced Super-Sons.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    The first time I saw him was when he was born during Convergence, but I had no interest in him because I thought it was just a happy ending to previous continuity and my main focus was in the then present continuity.

417156._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

Then they moved the whole family to New 52 and I was like, whaaa? Everyone started speculating that the New 52 Superman will be replaced by the Post Crisis fam, and I immediately dislike it because it's complicating an already messy continuity, so I was still indifferent of him.

The first time I was actually interested in him was when they announced Super-Sons.
    Superman Reborn straightened out that mess from Convergence.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Happy New Year to Jon, our Rebirth Superboy .
    Our growing boy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Superman Reborn straightened out that mess from Convergence.
    Actually when I saw what happened Superman Reborn made me angrier, but I'm not here to talk about that.

So. Super Sons. Probably the most genius idea DC had in years. The bratty son of a bat meets the innocent son of the Supes. It's perfect. Even before they announce what the Super Sons was I was hoping it will be Damian and Jon, because I saw a lot of comedic moments and moneymaking opportunity, and I'm glad DC did too.

582096._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

Then the artwork was revealed and it was super cute, with Jorge Jimenez and Peter Tomasi on the team, each I already like from previous works. Jimenez drew my favorite version of New 52 Superboy and Tomasi was one of my fave from writing Damian. So it's an instant buy. It was delayed, but I was already hyped, and I started to pay attention to Jon in the Superman title while waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Actually when I saw what happened Superman Reborn made me angrier, but I'm not here to talk about that.

So. Super Sons. Probably the most genius idea DC had in years. The bratty son of a bat meets the innocent son of the Supes. It's perfect. Even before they announce what the Super Sons was I was hoping it will be Damian and Jon, because I saw a lot of comedic moments and moneymaking opportunity, and I'm glad DC did too.

582096._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

Then the artwork was revealed and it was super cute, with Jorge Jimenez and Peter Tomasi on the team, each I already like from previous works. Jimenez drew my favorite version of New 52 Superboy and Tomasi was one of my fave from writing Damian. So it's an instant buy. It was delayed, but I was already hyped, and I started to pay attention to Jon in the Superman title while waiting.
    Easily my favorite of the Rebirth era. Super Sons was fun and adventure at its best.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Easily my favorite of the Rebirth era. Super Sons was fun and adventure at its best.
    I agree. Full goodness, though adventures of the super-sons is fun too.

I haven't picked the super comics in a while, so why is Jon aged? did he got artificially aged like Damian?

Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    I agree. Full goodness, though adventures of the super-sons is fun too.

I haven't picked the super comics in a while, so why is Jon aged? did he got artificially aged like Damian?

Super sons was near perfect in my eyes,I miss it.

We dont know the specifics of why he is older,but I'm sure Bendis will spill it soon

Brumbrumbrum, blurgurpl, mhurr and dopey

5cd6e92021080139128953f84fbfaee7._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg