Page 56 of 62 FirstFirst ... 646525354555657585960 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    Tell me about it. I hate it. I think his distinctiveness was taken away to make him Clark 2.0. And now the same is happening to Jon. And he didn't get as long to define himself, either.

Also, with the mentions of Hypertime for G5 - if they are all alternate timelines, couldn't they have split the timeline a little later, so I could still have kid!Jon in my present day stuff and others could have adult!Jon as Superman? I mean, we don't know what it will be yet, of course. Just speculating. Also means will likely never see Kathy again (chances were already slim, though), and I'd have liked to.
    Probably the biggest problem here, is that Jon fans never wanted the age up, let alone taking Clark's history and mantle, while Superman fans that aren't exactly fond of Jon, never wanted Clark to lose more of his history, let alone the mantle. It's a lose-lose for all but those that seemingly think Bendis can do no wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Probably the biggest problem here, is that Jon fans never wanted the age up, let alone taking Clark's history and mantle, while Superman fans that aren't exactly fond of Jon, never wanted Clark to lose more of his history, let alone the mantle. It's a lose-lose
    I agree. I was sort of skeptical when I first heard about it, because it seemed tailor made to upset both segments of the fan base. I thought it might have been a false leak just to stir things up and gain attention.

Probably the biggest problem here, is that Jon fans never wanted the age up, let alone taking Clark's history and mantle, while Superman fans that aren't exactly fond of Jon, never wanted Clark to lose more of his history, let alone the mantle. It's a lose-lose for all but those that seemingly think Bendis can do no wrong.
    I couldn't have summed things up better myself, good job.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

image0.jpg

Who do you think this Baby Jon will be? Will it be Supergirl's universe Jon (Lois is pregnant), will it be Kingdom Come Jon (son of Diana) or maybe some other Jon?

Quote Originally Posted by JonSBF View Post
    image0.jpg

Who do you think this Baby Jon will be? Will it be Supergirl's universe Jon (Lois is pregnant), will it be Kingdom Come Jon (son of Diana) or maybe some other Jon?
    Pretty sure it's Supergirl universe. They confirmed Smallville Lois and Clark have a 10 year old Jon.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by MeGrimlock420 View Post
    Pretty sure it's Supergirl universe. They confirmed Smallville Lois and Clark have a 10 year old Jon.
    Wait, wait, WHAT? When? Where? I need scoop.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Wait, wait, WHAT? When? Where? I need scoop.
    Sorry, it's a rumor. Went back to look the article up I realized it was a rumor. The article came out a few days after Erica Durance was announced that she would be on the show.

Well....the art's pretty....

Still hoping, hope against hope, that the "Jon" there is actually Ultraman going undercover to sabotage Clark's universe, while the real, 10-11 year old Jon is stuck in the daycare from Heck, having to deal with the ankle biters of the Crime Syndicate.

Still hoping, hope against hope, that the "Jon" there is actually Ultraman going undercover to sabotage Clark's universe, while the real, 10-11 year old Jon is stuck in the daycare from Heck, having to deal with the ankle biters of the Crime Syndicate.
    I've sadly given up hope on ever getting back the Jon I liked. Once I heard about the Legion, I hung my head in defeat. Unless they pull a Bart Allen (and I don't even know exactly how that went down), I'm not sure we can ever think to get him back. And I don't think he was around long enough to have a strong enough fanbase to not just be written off and forgotten with the next reboot (not 2020, but 2025 or whatever, given the rate DC is rebooting at) or shifted to an alternate timeline or whatever (which teenifying made much easier).

Extraordinary Member

What is Jon's name in kryptonian?

I don't think Jon has a Kryptonian name. And I actually kinda prefer it that way.

That hope should be gone after Clark did the whole DNA testing thing, like it or not this is Jon now. And they're definitely not going to have some evil Superman as their mainline Superman, if 5G is to be believed.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    That hope should be gone after Clark did the whole DNA testing thing, like it or not this is Jon now. And they're definitely not going to have some evil Superman as their mainline Superman, if 5G is to be believed.
    Say that after 5g crashes and burns. When jon gives back his title. He will be pretty much universally loathed. So, they will either erase him or put him back as he was