Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
If it was just Jon being set up, maybe, but if all the kids are being set up, they are most likely going to use all the kids. I definitely think Super Sons is way more likely, fortunately. Damian has been teased, Jon has been teased. So Super Sons.

As it is, Young Justice doesn't follow the comics that closely. Conner's main romantic interest is Miss Martian, Zatanna's father is Dr Fate, Bart doesn't come from the 30th century, and Wally died instead of Barry, just to name a few. Not to mention that the name of the show Young Justice does not reflect the spirit of the original comic. The writers seem to like referencing aspects of DC Continuity, but they aren't beholden to it.
But by that very same logic it could just as well not follow a path that leads to Super Sons, right? What I'm saying is that pieces are visible and possible, but we can't really rule something out. For as many insistence of them not following the comics, there a indeed events where they do (Aqualad/Aquaman came out as not straight, Jason died, Superman and Lois have a son named Jon Kent, etc)

What I think can be counted on is that, whatever do, they'll put some bit of their own spin on it regardless of how close to the comics of today or the past it ends up being.