Page 36 of 62 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Did you read the end of HiC? Wally's not a killer.

Donna's not even being used currently.
    Murderer? No, all the deaths were accidental. A killer, however? Absolutely. He lost control of the speed force and killed a great many people on accident. He killed them. Then he covered it up. It was an editorial butchering, but it happened until it gets retconned.

Mighty Member

Honestly, after years and years of seeing the notion of kid heroes and sidekicks deconstructed to hell and back, it was finally refreshing to have a kid hero not be a deconstruction.

I'm waiting for Superboy-Prime to arrive and literally punch Jon back to being a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    Honestly, after years and years of seeing the notion of kid heroes and sidekicks deconstructed to hell and back, it was finally refreshing to have a kid hero not be a deconstruction.

I'm waiting for Superboy-Prime to arrive and literally punch Jon back to being a kid.
    I actually wouldn't mind that happening. Along with undoing HiC as a whole.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I propose we need a piccolo figure for jon because reasons . You know someone to be a guardian and a protector. Who would you want it to be?

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I propose we need a piccolo figure for jon because reasons . You know someone to be a guardian and a protector. Who would you want it to be?
    I mean...unlike Gohan, Jon already has a father to fill that role. But if it had to be anyone besides Clark, My vote goes to Conner or Kara. If someone outside of the Superfamily: Diana.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    I mean...unlike Gohan, Jon already has a father to fill that role. But if it had to be anyone besides Clark, My vote goes to Conner or Kara. If someone outside of the Superfamily: Diana.
    Yeah! Gohan had goku sortof. And jon currently doesn't have a mentor to train him as hero. I think outside the family would be cool. We will get a new dynamic . And, gohan/piccolo are not "family". They don't even look alike.
    My vote goes to guy gardener . Cause it would be funny to see jon deal with him and learn his attitude somewhat. Talk about spoiling the kid.it would be hilarious.
    Also like kilowog in the role. Martian manhunter also resembles piccolo.

Yeah! Gohan had goku sortof.
    That's a BIG sort of. Goku's negligent parenting puts Clark's and Bruce's to shame lol I bet after all these years, he's never even had a full conversation with Goten.

And jon currently doesn't have a mentor to train him as hero.
    That's pretty much what Clark was already doing in Tomasi's run. I wouldn't say Jon really needs a mentor other than his father but yeah, it would be col to see him have one. At least so he doesn't end up being the clone of his Dad that I fear he's becoming.

I think outside the family would be cool. We will get a new dynamic .
    I dunno. I think Conner and Jon are different enough to have an interesting dynamic.

And, gohan/piccolo are not "family". They don't even look alike.
    That's...not really a reason for two people to not be family. I don't look like my Dad. And my adopted brother doesn't look like any of us lol

My vote goes to guy gardener . Cause it would be funny to see jon deal with him and learn his attitude somewhat. Talk about spoiling the kid.it would be hilarious.
    Also like kilowog in the role. Martian manhunter also resembles piccolo.
    I went with Diana because, for starters, someone with Kryptonian powers and Amazon combat training would be pure badass (and cuz I've already kinda pictured him in a costume that's half Super and half Wonder lol)

But also because, whenever I've tried to think of ways to differentiate Jon from the rest of the Supers, it usually ends with him being the one to explore the magic/supernatural/Mythological side of DC. Diana seems like a good fit as his guide through that mostly because, unlike Jor El, she's someone Clark and Lois know and trust (wouldn't be surprised if she's Jon's godmother), and because I've always liked how Diana is a traditional hero (the kind Jon clearly wants to be) while also still having the mentality of a warrior. Which could create some interesting conflicts with the way Jon was raised and his naturally gentle nature. Overall, it could be a nice growing up experience for him. At least nicer than what Bendis considered him "growing up" to be.

Mighty Member

I think J'onn would be perfect to be Jon's Piccolo. I mean, he plays a similar role to Kara in the Supergirl TV series.

That said, I think seeing Jon develop a friendship with Wonder Woman would be pretty cool too.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

That's...not really a reason for two people to not be family. I don't look like my Dad. And my adopted brother doesn't look like any of us lol
    That's not i meant. You know one is scary looking green alien. The other is monkey like alien. I don't mean they aren't family. They aren't the same "species family" is what i meant.

I know its weird to see me here but I come in peace; I noticed this and had a relevant thought. Back when Rebirth first started I had kinda hoped this is what would happen with the Eradicator. That his arc would have been at first wanting to purify Jon and purge him of his humanity, but eventually come to care for him and change his mind, reverting back to being a hero in the process.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I know its weird to see me here but I come in peace; I noticed this and had a relevant thought. Back when Rebirth first started I had kinda hoped this is what would happen with the Eradicator. That his arc would have been at first wanting to purify Jon and purge him of his humanity, but eventually come to care for him and change his mind, reverting back to being a hero in the process.
    I remember this theory. It always reminded me of The Iron Giant, and I really dug it at the time. Given the fact that Eradicator is now under House Zod, it wouldn't take much of anything to nudge Lor-Zod and Eradicator in this direction.

I don't really see Jon needing a mentor right now. But as it stands, Jon doesn't seem to have much of any issue taking his cues from his cousin Kara or his dad (who he's still very much in awe of, and is more than willing to take cues from).
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Mighty Member

Funny. I want to see a similar thing with Lor-Zod. Have him be a sort of antagonist for Jon, but end up with the two becoming unlikely friends, much to Zod's disapproval. This would result in Lor-Zod becoming Chris again. Funny, how something about Jon just makes one think redemption for villains. Guess cause he's the friendly sort.
    Currently Reading:

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Jon doesn't seem to have much of any issue taking his cues from his cousin Kara or his dad (who he's still very much in awe of, and is more than willing to take cues from).
    That's actually what I'm afraid of with Jon. A fear that's already kinda starting to be realized. As much as I love the little guy (YES! LITTLE! HE IS STILL! LITTLE!) one of my biggest concerns with him and Damian (though more so with Jon) is that they basically grow up to be their fathers. That seems almost like a given for him but it also reeks of zero creativity.

I don't mind Jon lookin' up to his pappy and seeing him as his inspiration for being a hero. That's a given. It's his father after all. And the man who's considered one of, if not the greatest hero in the world. But it'd be cool to see him also learn from others so he can go down his own unique path. Honestly, Midoriya from My Hero Academia kinda reminds me of what I had envisioned a teenage Jon to be like. Someone who clearly has their own unique idol and inspiration (All Might, in Midoriya's case. Clark, in Jon's) but still idolizes the hero community as a whole and wants to shape his own path by learning from as many heroes as he can. They may have the exact same powers and ideologies but Midoriya is FAR from a copy of All Might. He and Dick are like...the perfect Legacy characters in my book.
    Last edited by Blue22; 07-23-2019 at 07:46 PM.

Mighty Member

That's actually what I'm afraid of with Jon. A fear that's already kinda starting to be realized. As much as I love the little guy (YES! LITTLE! HE IS STILL! LITTLE!) one of my biggest concerns with him and Damian (though more so with Jon) is that they basically grow up to be their fathers. That seems almost like a given for him but it also reeks of zero creativity.

I don't mind Jon lookin' up to his pappy and seeing him as his inspiration for being a hero. That's a given. It's his father after all. And the man who's considered one of, if not the greatest hero in the world. But it'd be cool to see him also learn from others so he can go down his own unique path. Honestly, Midoriya from My Hero Academia kinda reminds me of what I had envisioned a teenage Jon to be like. Someone who clearly has their own unique idol and inspiration, in the form of All Might, but still idolizes the hero community as a whole and wants to shape his own path by learning from as many heroes as he can.
    A. I'm convinced Jon is a My Hero Academia fanboy.
    B. I definitely agree with what your saying and I would have loved to see Jon have more time working with other DC Universe adults one on one. Of course, I think Lois should be one of the first on the list. I feel people aren't focusing enough on how Jon isn't just Clark's son. He's Lois's too and he needs to exhibit some signs of her influence as well.
    Currently Reading:

Eradicator! Huh!i never would have thought of that. If Jon gets the cool shades. I am all for it.