Page 42 of 62 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast

Jon literally arguing with himself. Short-lived, but Superboy-Blue and Red was pretty funny, and exasperated Damian too. lol

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    I preferred the cute Jon and Damian fan-art.
    I wanted a damian face-palm couldn't find any. Had to improvise with this. It's still a face-palm.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

I don't know why it only just now dawned on me, but I think it's kind of really cool that Jon was established as loving everything dealing with space early on, and now he's the kid that came up with the first galactic government lol Conceptually, it's like kid who loves building model rockets one day revolutionizing space travel.

As I've said elsewhere, it's just a real shame that we didn't get more of his journey during the "lost years." There were some really sizable and tasty bread crumbs there too! Jon saw first hand how screwed up the galaxy was, and how instead of being "giant pockets of nothing between 'things'" like he assumed, the galaxy is was--in his words--"a lot like Earth." That line is likely implying that this is the origin of Jon's idea for the United Planets.

But like I said, this is just too small a portion size. What's most frustrating is that the idea itself is strong. It's a classic hero's journey wrapped in a tale of coming of age. Like a hero's journey it even has Jon coming back to where he started with his new found understanding and perspective. It's just not give the space it needs to hit the right notes as hard as it should. In my opinion a 6 to 12 issue mini/maxi running right next to Superman would've gone a long way. You'd then take the 4 issue in Superman that already are about Jon coming back, and you'd devote them only partially to retelling the events of the hypothetical Superboy mini (just the big stuff that someone not reading both books would need to know), and the rest would go more towards milking out more interpersonal play between Clark, Lois, and Jon.

"Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    I don't know why it only just now dawned on me, but I think it's kind of really cool that Jon was established as loving everything dealing with space early on, and now he's the kid that came up with the first galactic government lol Conceptually, it's like kid who loves building model rockets one day revolutionizing space travel.

As I've said elsewhere, it's just a real shame that we didn't get more of his journey during the "lost years." There were some really sizable and tasty bread crumbs there too! Jon saw first hand how screwed up the galaxy was, and how instead of being "giant pockets of nothing between 'things'" like he assumed, the galaxy is was--in his words--"a lot like Earth." That line is likely implying that this is the origin of Jon's idea for the United Planets.

But like I said, this is just too small a portion size. What's most frustrating is that the idea itself is strong. It's a classic hero's journey wrapped in a tale of coming of age. Like a hero's journey it even has Jon coming back to where he started with his new found understanding and perspective. It's just not give the space it needs to hit the right notes as hard as it should. In my opinion a 6 to 12 issue mini/maxi running right next to Superman would've gone a long way. You'd then take the 4 issue in Superman that already are about Jon coming back, and you'd devote them only partially to retelling the events of the hypothetical Superboy mini (just the big stuff that someone not reading both books would need to know), and the rest would go more towards milking out more interpersonal play between Clark, Lois, and Jon.

Hey! Superlad since you are the theory guy. Do you think Ultraman will be meeting jon again?

Here's a twist; Teen Jon IS Ultraman.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Hey! Superlad since you are the theory guy. Do you think Ultraman will be meeting jon again?
    Unfortunately I think Ultraman is dead. Anti Monitor killed him in DS War. However, due to the fact that he was already dead when he saw Ultraman the first time because it was time travel, and Jon is now an official time traveler, it's entirely possible they could meet again down the line.

I can't personally say if that's in the cards or not, but there could be something quite satisfying about them meeting at least once more
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Here's a twist; Teen Jon IS Ultraman.
    That would be really great twist. If it wasn't for the fact that he would be hooking up with an alternate version of his mother. Eww! Gross!! No thanks!!

That would be really great twist. If it wasn't for the fact that he would be hooking up with an alternate version of his mother. Eww! Gross!! No thanks!!
    The real Jon is being held captive, after Ultraman tried to disguise himself with Universe 3 technology that artificially de-aged himself, but only to the point of being a teen, and then used a future representation of what Jon might look like in 7 years to complete his disguise.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    The real Jon is being held captive, after Ultraman tried to disguise himself with Universe 3 technology that artificially de-aged himself, but only to the point of being a teen, and then used a future representation of what Jon might look like in 7 years to complete his disguise.
    That could totally work as exit door and bringing back the kid. Superman kicks Ultraman's ass. Saves his son. And all is well with the universe. One could only hope.

Mighty Member

That could totally work as exit door and bringing back the kid. Superman kicks Ultraman's ass. Saves his son. And all is well with the universe. One could only hope.
    See, I was thinking the Earth 3 stuff never happened. Jor-El decided that he needed to mold Jon to become a certain type of hero and used Black Kryptonite and planted false memory to create a clone of Jon. Hence, clone Jon isn't that bothered by being trapped in volcano for 5 years, because it wasn't actually real. The real Jon (who is still 10) is in stasis somewhere hidden on Jor-El's ship.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

See, I was thinking the Earth 3 stuff never happened. Jor-El decided that he needed to mold Jon to become a certain type of hero and used Black Kryptonite and planted false memory to create a clone of Jon. Hence, clone Jon isn't that bothered by being trapped in volcano for 5 years, because it wasn't actually real. The real Jon (who is still 10) is in stasis somewhere hidden on Jor-El's ship.
    That could work too.

I miss the guyzzz. What terrible letdown bendis has been. I just hope that they relaunch supersons soon.
    Now is the time to make a Super Sons cartoon series. Pretty please!

I preferred the cute Jon and Damian fan-art.
    I like this Damian.

I wanted a damian face-palm couldn't find any. Had to improvise with this. It's still a face-palm.
    I liked it.

Miss the kid version