Page 21 of 62 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Yep! That was an awesome issue. But my favourite part was strangley Ultraman.it was weirdly cathartic for me.
    You and me both. I've a feeling it's not over yet and i'm salivating at the prospect.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    You and me both. I've a feeling it's not over yet and i'm salivating at the prospect.
    Yeah! I would love it if Bendis developed this dysfunctional relationship between jon and ultraman.

Mighty Member

So rather than see Jon grow up naturally with all his friends, we get to see him get tortured by Ultraman for years on end. Yeah, not sold at all.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    So rather than see Jon grow up naturally with all his friends, we get to see him get tortured by Ultraman for years on end. Yeah, not sold at all.
    So, what do you think of stories where superman is tortured or stuck in his dream? And this isn't the first time jon has been tortured.

Mighty Member

So, what do you think of stories where superman is tortured or stuck in his dream? And this isn't the first time jon has been tortured.
    I mean, none of those resulted in a character aging up seven years needlessly, so...
    Currently Reading:

I mean, none of those resulted in a character aging up seven years needlessly, so...
    Listen, i here you. I feel the same way. But, we are stuck like this for now. And this issue was cool. If jon wasn't aged up wouldn't you have enjoyed it? It was cool seeing jon be resourceful and brave like her mom.

Incredible Member

This. I'm pissed. If I was Clark right now I'd be planning to go back in time with the league and rescue my son. Nobody would be able to give a reason why I couldn't or shouldn't, timestream be damned.

Mighty Member

Listen, i here you. I feel the same way. But, we are stuck like this for now. And this issue was cool. If jon wasn't aged up wouldn't you have enjoyed it? It was cool seeing jon be resourceful and brave like her mom.
    No actually. It didn’t actually deal with Jon meeting psychopathic versions of his parents in a way that was interesting. It was all narration. Couldn’t get into it. I’d like to be able say I would have enjoyed it if Jon hadn’t been aged up. But just generally the narrative devices of the presentation of this arc really don’t work for me. It’s very disjointed and detached.
    Currently Reading:

Astonishing Member

No actually. It didn’t actually deal with Jon meeting psychopathic versions of his parents in a way that was interesting. It was all narration. Couldn’t get into it. I’d like to be able say I would have enjoyed it if Jon hadn’t been aged up. But just generally the narrative devices of the presentation of this arc really don’t work for me. It’s very disjointed and detached.
    I have a similar problem with this issue. A narration of the meeting with Ultraman wasn't the best way. It would be better if we see inside Jon's head at the moment.

However, I still think it was a interesting issue. I'm glad other people like this.
    Last edited by Konja7; 03-14-2019 at 05:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    I have a similar problem with this issue. A narration of the meeting with Ultraman wasn't the best way. It would better if we see inside Jon's head at the moment.

However, I still think it was a interesting issue. I'm glad other people like this.
    I liked that it was a narration. It left a lot of ambiguity in the relationship between Ultraman and jon. Jon says Ultraman used to cry. Why does an evil man cry? Why is he even giving jon the time of the day? I want this relation to expanded upon. We don't see kids dealing with abusive parents in comics that much.at that point jon wasn't thinking about all that. He was in survival mode and wanted to escape from the *******. So, Jon as narrator didn't say too much of it. Only parts that were important like his escape and violent parts to his real parents.
    For me, Ultraman is a perfect example of a guy who needs help. Atleast, that is what i got from this issue.i know that is supposed to earth where bad always wins. But still, it would cool to see jon get to Ultraman.

Astonishing Member

I liked that it was a narration. It left a lot of ambiguity in the relationship between Ultraman and jon. Jon says Ultraman used to cry. Why does an evil man cry? Why is he even giving jon the time of the day? I want this relation to expanded upon. We don't see kids dealing with abusive parents in comics that much.at that point jon wasn't thinking about all that. He was in survival mode and wanted to escape from the *******. So, Jon as narrator didn't say too much of it. Only parts that were important like his escape and violent parts to his real parents.
    For me, Ultraman is a perfect example of a guy who needs help. Atleast, that is what i got from this issue.i know that is supposed to earth where bad always wins. But still, it would cool to see jon get to Ultraman.
    I think he's trapped in a cycle he will never escape even if her dared to entertain a sliver of such a thought. Being bad has been so ingrained in his character that this type of characterisation is just a mirage. It's very cool to mull over while we still can. I like how it adds layers to his villainy. He can flat out detest Superman but Jon...not quite so easy to do. I like it.

How old is Jon? I thought he'd be 5-6 in Rebirth but they said he was 10. How?
    Screenshot_20190314-141921_Comics.jpg
    Screenshot_20190314-141929_Comics.jpgScreenshot_20190314-142013_Comics.jpg

Astonishing Member

He started Rebirth at 10. He's been aged up to 17 now.

Mighty Member

https://twitter.com/Ssnyder1835/stat...06877504749568

A potentially interesting development.
    Currently Reading: