Page 32 of 62 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

The last issue of Adventures of the Super Sons dropped.

It was good, fun, and man will I miss it.

From Dceased #3

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post

Yeah, Adventures of the Super Sons wasn't nearly as strong as Super Sons itself, but it was fun and I will really miss Tomasi writing these characters.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Yeah, Adventures of the Super Sons wasn't nearly as strong as Super Sons itself, but it was fun and I will really miss Tomasi writing these characters.
    I feel the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post

And so we close the door on a very short but wonderful chapter in both of these characters' lives. This could also very well be the last non-flashback appearance of Jon before the Bendis effect, as if the series ending wasn't sad enough.

To think, in universe, this all could have been avoided had the Titans just let him on the team...or if Jon realized why they said no...even though they straight up told him why and that it had nothing to do with any failing on his part.
    Last edited by Blue22; 07-03-2019 at 10:33 PM.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

That was a great finale for the Supersons. I hope "never the end" means something. I wonder if we will ever see the the cube ever again. He seems like a cool addition.Alfred was keeping tabs on the children for superman, batman and lois all along. And they justify superfamily leaving jon in space without anyway to track them or to know their conditions is very in character. It is not. Atleast, for rebirth superman.

They even compare it pa and ma kent letting clark be with legion. These are two different situations with two different set of parents. Clark and Lois are perfectly capable of tracking or keeping tabs on jon, since they themselves aren't normal. Pa and ma are perfectly normal people who has to parent a baby god with friends from future.

Rebirth Clark and Lois were never negligent towards jon. They caved in and bent because of situations. But they never broke.we could see them struggle with the situations they were in. Now, they are just shitty parents who don't give a damn. Man, did Bendis ruin the superfamily for me.
    "my son is lost in space, who cares i can **** my hot irresponsible wife".
    "my son is lost in space, who cares i am not going to ask friends to find him"
    Clark and lois are the shittiest parents of the year. From now on i am not blaming bruce for being a shitty father. Atleast, he has a reason. He himself is a broken person. Clois has no reason.
    Man, i am so angry. Sorry, for the rant. Bendis's superfamily pisses me off.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 07-04-2019 at 10:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    That was a great finale for the Supersons. I hope "never the end" means something. I wonder if we will ever see the the cube ever again. He seems like a cool addition.Alfred was keeping tabs on the children for superman, batman and lois all along. And they justify superfamily leaving jon in space without anyway to track them or to know their conditions is very in character. It is not. Atleast, for rebirth superman.

They even compare it pa and ma kent letting clark be with legion. These are two different situations with two different set of parents. Clark and Lois are perfectly capable of tracking or keeping tabs on jon, since they themselves aren't normal. Pa and ma are perfectly normal people who has to parent a baby god with friends from future.

Clark and Lois were never negligent towards jon. They caved in and bent because of situations. But they never broke.we could see them struggle with the situations they were in. Now, they are just shitty parents who don't give a damn. Man, did Bendis ruined the superfamily for me.
    Clark and lois are the shittiest parents of the year. From now on i am not blaming bruce for being a shitty father. Atleast, he has a reason. He himself is a broken person. Clois has no reason.
    Same. Its why I hope that everything Bendis has done with the Kents is undone by the whoever takes over (hoping for Tomasi).

Clark and Lois were never negligent towards jon. They caved in and bent because of situations. But they never broke.we could see them struggle with the situations they were in. Now, they are just shitty parents who don't give a damn. Man, did Bendis ruined the superfamily for me.
    Yeah the kents just letting Jon go off with crazy grampas was hella OCC. Clark isn't like Bruce and Lois isn't like Talia.
    They are people who have their priorities right and the old them just wouldn't let their kid go like that.

At least Damian and Jon now have more they can bond over. Their occasionally neglectful parents, crazy grandpa and not to mention that Ultraman doing a number on Jon will give him a better understanding of Damian's past.

Good times.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Rebirth Clark and Lois were never negligent towards jon. They caved in and bent because of situations. But they never broke.we could see them struggle with the situations they were in. Now, they are just shitty parents who don't give a damn. Man, did Bendis ruin the superfamily for me.
    But it's like, imagine if Alfred's vital signs monitor broke or was destroyed, or if the cube didn't conveniently send the boys back home. Can't say for sure that Clark and Lois had an alternative way of hearing from the boys or getting them back if something went wrong. The Kents in Man of Steel had a method of keeping in touch with Jon, but it was broken. Then later they didn't get as lucky as they did in Super Sons issue 12 with a cosmic being being nice enough to send Jon home. It's virtually the same thing (leaving their 10 year old to travel space under the supervision of a 13 year old apparently), but they just have more luck here.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

I’ve been a huge fan of Superman and Lois Lane for years, and for the most part I expect I always will be. Both as a couple and as individual characters. But goddamn if Bendis isn’t doing his utmost to make me despise them. Man a year ago I’d be clamoring for a Lois solo....but now that she has one.... Like you honestly expect me to still be rooting for her (and to some extent Clark) after all this Jor-El/earth 3 ****? Cuz I really, really want to....but I don’t think I can.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    But it's like, imagine if Alfred's vital signs monitor broke or was destroyed, or if the cube didn't conveniently send the boys back home. Can't say for sure that Clark and Lois had an alternative way of hearing from the boys or getting them back if something went wrong. The Kents in Man of Steel had a method of keeping in touch with Jon, but it was broken. Then later they didn't get as lucky as they did in Super Sons issue 12 with a cosmic being being nice enough to send Jon home. It's virtually the same thing (leaving their 10 year old to travel space under the supervision of a 13 year old apparently), but they just have more luck here.
    And Lois just walking away barely into their little "space trip"? Clark and Lois jut brushing it all off after the fact? Even going with a dubious person that had been responsible for numerous atrocities the last time he was seen? Come on!
    At least Damian stuck by Jon at all times, and it wasn't like they volunteered to be whipped around the universe in Super Sons, that was due to Lex Luthor and his army of knock-offs.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Jon and Damian were abducted at the beginning of this Maxi. In Man of Steel, Lois and Clark let Jon go off with the crazy grandpa who kidnaps people with their permission. There is a huge difference in the role the two played in putting Jon in the position, and hence the criticism of Bendis being completely fair.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Jon and Damian were abducted at the beginning of this Maxi.
    And seemingly no rescue effort is put together. Alfred is simply aware that they're alive, and just assumes they'll be home in time for school? So, yeah, you're right it's super different because in Super Sons it was known that they were in unsupervised danger from the very start. I think there's a pretty real double standard here, but maybe that's just me, I guess.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Astonishing Member

I did once bring up the lack of consequences Jon suffered under Tomasi's pen for some of the reckless things to befall him in his "adventures" compared to Bendis where we actually saw consequences. The issue I see here is that Tomasi wasn't writing that story and Bendis used it to tell his story.