Page 50 of 57 FirstFirst ... 40464748495051525354 ... LastLast
Results 736 to 750 of 852
  1. #736
    Extraordinary Member dietrich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    7,919

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I disagree with it being uncomfortable, and I do think some of you are taking this too seriously.
    Or maybe some of us would rather the Jon/Lois benny hill antics be left to the seedy side of the net. I don't need to see that in a comic. Once was enough, twice has me looking at the writer with a side eye. Move on from the mother-son awkward naked/sexytimes shenanigans already.

    I mean who are you to tell others when they are been too serious simply because they have a different opinion.
    It was to your liking it wasn't to some others. Simple.

  2. #737
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,055

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Or maybe some of us would rather the Jon/Lois benny hill antics be left to the seedy side of the net. I don't need to see that in a comic. Once was enough, twice has me looking at the writer with a side eye. Move on from the mother-son awkward naked/sexytimes shenanigans already.

    I mean who are you to tell others when they are been too serious simply because they have a different opinion.
    It was to your liking it wasn't to some others. Simple.
    Well, his opinion is that people are taking this too seriously. I don't understand why do you think is bad to have this opinion.

    Don't misunderstand me, I found this joke uncomfortable, especially because Lois thought Clark was in the shower at first. However, it is clear some people problems with this scene aren't exclusively related with the events in this scene.


    PS: Please, don't use the word "sexytimes" when you speak about this situation.
    Last edited by Konja7; 09-05-2019 at 05:17 AM.

  3. #738
    Incredible Member Blue22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    653

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    PS: Please, don't use the word "sexytimes" when you speak about this situation.
    To be fair...that's what she was getting ready for...both times, actually xD

    Had it been Clark in that shower:

  4. #739

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    To be fair...that's what she was getting ready for...both times, actually xD

    Had it been Clark in that shower:
    Then jon comes home accidentally hears clois going at it with his superhearing and gets grossed out. Gets the hell out of there. That would have been funnier.

  5. #740
    Extraordinary Member dietrich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    7,919

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Well, his opinion is that people are taking this too seriously. I don't understand why do you think is bad to have this opinion.

    Don't misunderstand me, I found this joke uncomfortable, especially because Lois thought Clark was in the shower at first. However, it is clear some people problems with this scene aren't exclusively related with the events in this scene.


    PS: Please, don't use the word "sexytimes" when you speak about this situation.
    Well I don't appreciate someone telling how I'm taking a situation or a panel when they are not me. I felt that was arrogant.


    If you have an issue with 'sexytime' [uncomfortable when it's one calls it what it is isn't it?] then take it up with the writer since he was the one who wrote the situation not me or did you not read the issues in questions.

    Both Incidents had sexual connotations. Sexy times to be had.
    Last edited by dietrich; 09-05-2019 at 10:51 AM.

  6. #741
    Extraordinary Member dietrich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    7,919

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Then jon comes home accidentally hears clois going at it with his superhearing and gets grossed out. Gets the hell out of there. That would have been funnier.
    Scarred for life.

  7. #742
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,055

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Well I don't appreciate someone telling how I'm taking a situation or a panel when they are not me. I felt that was arrogant.


    If you have an issue with 'sexytime' [uncomfortable when it's one calls it what it is isn't it?] then take it up with the writer since he was the one who wrote the situation not me or did you not read the issues in questions.

    Both Incidents had sexual connotations. Sexy times to be had.
    Yeah. Nobody likes other assume how you feel. However, it still a discussion forum, so it's pretty common people conlude things about your opinions.


    It isn't sexytime, because this isn't a sexytime between Lois and Jon, which would be really horrible. It is just a confusion and a pretty uncomfortable situation.

    A sexytime is what happen between Clark and Lois in Lois Lane #1.
    Last edited by Konja7; 09-05-2019 at 11:36 AM.

  8. #743

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Scarred for life.
    Yeah! Comedy isn't my thing. I will see myself out.

  9. #744
    Astonishing Member DragonPiece's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,744

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Or maybe some of us would rather the Jon/Lois benny hill antics be left to the seedy side of the net. I don't need to see that in a comic. Once was enough, twice has me looking at the writer with a side eye. Move on from the mother-son awkward naked/sexytimes shenanigans already.

    I mean who are you to tell others when they are been too serious simply because they have a different opinion.
    It was to your liking it wasn't to some others. Simple.
    It's 2 different writers and no, I don't have any authority over how you guys react, I just find a hard time believing there is genuine outrage when most of the people complaining are the same ones who complain at everything that goes on with teenage Jon.

  10. #745

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    It's 2 different writers and no, I don't have any authority over how you guys react, I just find a hard time believing there is genuine outrage when most of the people complaining are the same ones who complain at everything that goes on with teenage Jon.
    Hey! I liked jon and Ultraman thing.
    But, seriously i just think it just didn't work because of the joke being done prior. I mean, i liked this better than bendis one. But, yeah! We are in general salty about the whole jon ordeal. Also, these kind of jokes in general just don't work for me.i didn't know there was an outrage. We were saying it just didn't work for us

  11. #746
    Incredible Member Blue22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    653

    Default

    Yeah I wasn't sensing any outrage, for real. I save the outrage (or about as much "outrage" as I can have over fictional characters) for things that actually earn it...like the aforementioned age up....and the treatment of the Teen Titans for the past 8 years....and the treatment of Wally West...and the existence of Ric Grayson...and the Batfamily's reaction to Ric Grayson (or lack thereof)...and (after three years of enjoying almost everything) the fact that the only two DC titles I don't currently have negative or mixed feelings about are Young Justice and Dial H (which, ironically, exist because of my least favorite author). But I'm not bitter....no...not...at...all.......nope....

  12. #747
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1,207

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    It's 2 different writers and no, I don't have any authority over how you guys react, I just find a hard time believing there is genuine outrage when most of the people complaining are the same ones who complain at everything that goes on with teenage Jon.
    Yeah, you're putting words in people's mouth. No one has claimed to be outraged. Thinking something is gross isn't outrage. Some people just didn't think it wasn't funny.
    Currently Reading:

    DC: The Flash, Teen Titans, Justice League, Doomsday Clock, Justice League Dark, Aquaman

    Image: Lazarus, Black Magick

    Boom: Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers, Go Go Power Rangers

  13. #748
    Astonishing Member Jackalope89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    4,689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    It's 2 different writers and no, I don't have any authority over how you guys react, I just find a hard time believing there is genuine outrage when most of the people complaining are the same ones who complain at everything that goes on with teenage Jon.
    As someone that has been rather outspoken against teen Jon from the start, even I'm not outraged at this. Annoyed, but not outraged.

    Its a cheap gimmick in a number of anime for "laughs". Hence my annoyance with this.

  14. #749
    Astonishing Member DragonPiece's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,744

    Default

    Well to those above, sorry for generalizing and saying outrage, that was bad wording on my part.

  15. #750
    Extraordinary Member dietrich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    7,919

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    It's 2 different writers and no, I don't have any authority over how you guys react, I just find a hard time believing there is genuine outrage when most of the people complaining are the same ones who complain at everything that goes on with teenage Jon.

    Fair enough.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •