Page 40 of 62 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    You are indeed wrong. She simply bought the shirt at a secondhand store.

Nope, also wrong. Jon used his heat vision and stitched it himself just before he went to help his dad fight Eradicator. All Lois did was pay for it and give it to Jon. You've lost this round of trivia. Admit defeat

Well, it could be indestructible like silver age kryptonian fabrics, so the suits can survive all the things that stunts that Kryptonians and Daximites pull with their bodies? And I don't really think it looks like armor. Looks more like stylized athletic wear. It even has little ridged parts. Jon's current suit is actually closer to armor, and looks to be far more restrictive than he and Mon-El's Legion suits.
    Yeah! I admit defeat.it all those lines make it look Weird. They should have gone for something like in my hero academia. Deku, bakugou.. Etc look superheroic it being uniform like. Ofcourse they also had their uniform but that's besides the point.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    it all those lines make it look Weird.
    I'm waiting to see what Jon's suit looks like when it's more than just a sketch. The lines are thicker and darker on the sketch than I think they'll end up being. Mon-El's finalized suit looks really nice to me, so I'm hoping Jon's finalized version turns out well too. I like it quite a bit more than his current more bulky suit.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Higher resolution image of Jon in the group shot with the Legion

I noticed that Mon-El's suit actually looks quite a bit like Jon's new upcoming new Legion suit.

The line work around the chest and torso is similar, and the neck and shoulders are similar. But they have distinct differences like Mon's sleeves being baggy, his cape being segmented into three sections, and longer wrist attachments. Jon also obviously has the S shield (newly stylized though).

So, I have to wonder if it's like a 32nd century Daximite/kryptonian fabric? It would make sense since Mon's suit would take similar punishment to Jon due to the nature of their powers. Hopefully Jon keeps his teleporter. I think that'll be a great way to go back and forth between the future and present if someone like Brainy upgrades it.
    I guess one way to differentiate Jon from Clark is Jon doesn't have a "homemade" Superboy costume.

I guess Conner got the casual Superhero aesthetic back by default .

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Jon's goofiness in Supergirl was written like standard teenager goofiness. Him making sex jokes didn't feel natural, considering Jon's story in Superman. Writing Jon as a normal 17-year-old kid doesn't work when he spent the last several years trapped and isolated in a volcano.
    Yeah, his maturity ought to be stunted if he was away from civilisation for all that time. Silk over at Marvel still behaves like a teenager instead of a woman in her late 20s because she was stuck in a bunker for a decade. Though that whole thing with Jon didn't make sense. Cosmetically, he should've ended up with long hair that needed cutting once he got out. And secondly, how did he not starve to death?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, his maturity ought to be stunted if he was away from civilisation for all that time. Silk over at Marvel still behaves like a teenager instead of a woman in her late 20s because she was stuck in a bunker for a decade. Though that whole thing with Jon didn't make sense. Cosmetically, he should've ended up with long hair that needed cutting once he got out. And secondly, how did he not starve to death?
    Ultraman used to bring food to jon. That is what i said when he had a wierd relationship with jon. He used to cry in front of jon and he is supposed to be "baddest of the bad".

Mighty Member

It's seem to be cause Bendis just wanted a 17 year-old. So the means for getting Jon to be 17 don't matter to the character, just that he fits the mold Bendis wants him to. It's terrible writing.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Astonishing Member

The time Jon was trapped in the volcano is vague. In fact, it could be less than a year.

It is not that he freed himself from the volcano and met Jor-El. Jon escaped from the volcano, but he had other adventures before he met Jor-El.
    Last edited by Konja7; 07-31-2019 at 05:18 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    The time Jon was trapped in the volcano is vague. In fact, it could be less than a year.

It is not that he freed himself from the volcano and met Jor-El. Jon escaped from the volcano, but he had other adventures before he met Jor-El.
    No, Superman 10 specifically states the time spent in the volcano was a period of multiple years.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Jon escaped from the volcano, but he had other adventures before he met Jor-El.
    This is correct.

The story specifically says that he traveled around Earth-3's America (at one point he specifically says "in my travels"), and that he helped people along the way.

It's never stated specifically how long he was in the volcano, but it did seem clear that it was years. However, the ratio of time spent in and out of the volcano is largely inconclusive, and is likely to stay that way.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Our first fully realized look at Jon Kents new costume on a cover with his soon-to-be new teammates.

I really appreciate the return of the red shoulder and neckline mixing with the S similar to his original hand-me-down Superboy jacket. The new stylized S really works for me. It's really nice to have an S variation that Jon can call his and his alone. Can't wait to see it see the suit in implied motion from panel to panel.

Maybe it's just Hitch but it seems like too many linework on the suit.

I guess it fits a "future Superman" well enough, which I guess Jon basically is now (and I guess might explain the similarities with Mon-El's costume). I feel like I've seen something like it before, maybe a Superman redesign, but I can't quite a place it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Maybe it's just Hitch but it seems like too many linework on the suit.
    I'm fine with the line work here. It's more or less in line with Sook's sketch, and the fact that there doesn't seem to be any noticeable bulk on the suit seems to convincingly imply that the suit is in fact something akin to state of the art athletic wear. Like, ironically, the brand Under Armor. I think the point is hammered home by the "boot" portion of the suit looking more like running sneakers because of the red stopping at the ankle.

I guess it fits a "future Superman" well enough, which I guess Jon basically is now (and I guess might explain the similarities with Mon-El's costume).
    Yeah, that's most certainly a vibe I'm getting to, and I think it suits Jon conceptually.

While I was getting more and more used to the look, I'm very much good with moving away from the Reis raised, segmented, and bulky look.

Hitch does draw too many lines in his art but the original suit design by Sook has an overdose of lines on it as well. This suit has the exact same problem that Jim Lee's New 52 Superman suit had; it's too busy. Compared with the functional but natural design of 10 year old Jon by Jorge Jiminez, it just doesn't hold a candle at all. It doesn't suit Jon practically or conceptually in the slightest which is a real shame given Sook's obvious talent.

I'm fine with the line work here. It's more or less in line with Sook's sketch, and the fact that there doesn't seem to be any noticeable bulk on the suit seems to convincingly imply that the suit is in fact something akin to state of the art athletic wear. Like, ironically, the brand Under Armor. I think the point is hammered home by the "boot" portion of the suit looking more like running sneakers because of the red stopping at the ankle.
    I've never really been a fan of that as a Superhero aesthetic, personally.
    Yeah, that's most certainly a vibe I'm getting to, and I think it suits Jon conceptually.

While I was getting more and more used to the look, I'm very much good with moving away from the Reis raised, segmented, and bulky look.
    Tomasi/Gleason teased him as a future Superman and that does seem to be what Bendis is leaning into by putting him in Clark's place with the Legion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lvenger View Post
    Hitch does draw too many lines in his art but the original suit design by Sook has an overdose of lines on it as well. This suit has the exact same problem that Jim Lee's New 52 Superman suit had; it's too busy. Compared with the functional but natural design of 10 year old Jon by Jorge Jiminez, it just doesn't hold a candle at all. It doesn't suit Jon practically or conceptually in the slightest which is a real shame given Sook's obvious talent.
    The Legion's costumes do remind me more of the New 52 the more I see them. Aside from that one art piece that I think Sook did with all of them together (?).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I've never really been a fan of that as a Superhero aesthetic, personally.
    I've always enjoyed depending on the property it's used on. Applying it to the aesthetic of the Legion works for me.

Tomasi/Gleason teased him as a future Superman and that does seem to be what Bendis is leaning into by putting him in Clark's place with the Legion.
    They did, and that does seem to be the idea behind this.

I think in regards to Jon spending time in the future essentially being the face of the House of El and legacy of Superman, I'm most interested in how the general public of the 32nd century will react to him. Do they take him as a tasteless fraud because they don't think he's the real deal, or do they go similar to Post-Crisis Valor where he's something of a cross between a celebrity and straight up religious figure.

Based on how during the flashback Bendis stressed the idea that around the galaxy Superman and his House of El is regarded as royalty. I may very well get my Space Prince yet