Page 49 of 62 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051525359 ... LastLast
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    If the suit was as simple to give out as it ends up being, he should of given it to Jon in the first place and everyone else. Something as powerful as that demands the question, "Why doesn't everyone get one?"
    Funny enough, I think the answer is in the details. While Jor-El is explaining the suit functions to Jon, he calls it "ancient portable Kryptonian tech."

Based on what we know so far, this likely means one of two things. 1) during Jor-El's travels in time and space (which were implied to be a good deal longer than Jon's 5 or 6 years), he got this tech from old Krypton. 2) It's ancient tech that Jor-El has been holding onto for some time, and it's not easily duplicated.

I'd bet that option one is the likely one. The main hawkguy from issue 14 said that there were secrets from hundreds of years ago linked to Jor-El and Krypton. And in issue 10 when Jor saved Jon he talked about the depths he had to go to and the deals he had to make while out there in time and space.

But as of, no, we don't know, but Jor-El's still dripping with mystery.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    I just don't get that at all, honestly. For me it just looks like an incredibly diverse cast of hopeful and expressive young people in genuine celebration. In context it's that, and it's also the fact that they're getting their just as youthful and exuberant hero and inspiration to work alongside them. The the greatest day of their lives up to that point, most likely.
    I get that's what they're going for and it fits perfectly with the Legion...although having so much of it I think kind of stands out as well .
    We'll have plenty time for stone faced grimacing, tears, shocking betrayals, and friend vs friend down the line. No shortage of that. But I personally think it's great that "handshake" that the Legion greets the oncoming readers with right now is smile .
    I don't think anyone's actually advocating or hoping for any of that. Like, I know you had a theory about Mon-El and Jon being rivals but I only really want to see that in a playful sense.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I get that's what they're going for and it fits perfectly with the Legion...although having so much of it I think kind of stands out as well .
    More power to it for doing so. Not enough modern comics greet its readers with characters in celebration, and dripping with optimism about the adventure they're about to embark on.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I was reading the comments,on unity saga comicsexplained .it seems nobody cares for the age up or jon being sent to legion. Everybody seemed to be shitting on Bendis run.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

really hilarious moment with Jon and Lois in the new Lois Lane issue, recommend you guys read the ending of it at least.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    really hilarious moment with Jon and Lois in the new Lois Lane issue, recommend you guys read the ending of it at least.
    Saw it. It didn't strike me as that funny because a similar joke was in superman, when jon first came back. If this is going to be a running gag. They need to stAhp
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 09-04-2019 at 05:11 AM.

I thought it was just awkward. And it made me think about how Bendis will probably shove Jon in a relationship in legion and I got even more grossed out. Ugh!! And the scar god why is the scar still a thing!!!

Against my better judgement I checked it out. And....yeah....that was kind of uncomfortable. Mostly because this is the second time something like this has happened. And as someone's already said, I really hope this isn't about to be a running gag.

He was ten just a few months ago. Please let this be the closest to "fanservice" they ever do with him for a VERY long time. It's bad enough there's already close to zero chance he'll go through this Legion run without some kind of love interest.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I disagree with it being uncomfortable, and I do think some of you are taking this too seriously.

Ehhh... it's not outrage inducing or anything but I find the chance of this being a running joke (while still recognizing that two times isn't a trend) between him and Lois kinda....squicky.

Of course I also fully admit my own obvious bias has kept me from finding enjoyment out of anything Superman related for the past year and at this point I'm pretty much just venting over the fact that the only two Superman books to ever draw me in were so depressingly short lived. So don't mind me. 50% of my complaints tend to be in jest, anyway xD

That was... Just awkward. Not funny or anything, just awkward. And yet a further detriment to my reading any of the current Super line.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Ehhh... it's not outrage inducing or anything but I find the chance of this being a running joke (while still recognizing that two times isn't a trend) between him and Lois kinda....squicky.
    Totally agree. It wasn't the worst thing ever, but it was kind of gross and definitely lazy. Like is this really the best we can expect from Jon/Lois interaction in the future? Lazy teenage boy and mom humor?
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Against my better judgement I checked it out. And....yeah....that was kind of uncomfortable. Mostly because this is the second time something like this has happened. And as someone's already said, I really hope this isn't about to be a running gag.

He was ten just a few months ago. Please let this be the closest to "fanservice" they ever do with him for a VERY long time. It's bad enough there's already close to zero chance he'll go through this Legion run without some kind of love interest.
    I think that will highly depend on if Bendis will stick to the long-established Legion pairings or if he will create new ones (Waid/Kitson era did that). I don't remember either of the previous Superboys being romantically involved with any Legionnaires, with the exception of Triplicate Girl's one-sided infatuation during the Pre-Crisis Era.

It got a chuckle out of me.

Yeah! I am not a fan of jon having relationship drama. Let the kid be kid.oh! Wait he isn't anymore. Guess we are stuck with another teenager going through angst.