Page 16 of 62 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Shockingjustice View Post
    I really hope Bendis brings Kathy back. She was a cool side character for Jon and if he ever formed his own team (we have enough teams led by Batman characters)
    She would be a good tech expert, at least in my mind. Now all he would need is a magic side character and you would have an interesting trinity.
    They kind of already had the start to the trinity with Jon and Damian. I just hoping for a revamped Fury/Lyta Trevor sort of thing from the Wonder Woman side to complete the Super Kids Trinity.

But yeah, I hope to see Kathy back too. Along with Maya and the Bizarro Boys.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Jon is in supersons.so,what is your point?besides,we were discussing how jon's growth will affect Damian and vice versa.before it took a turn.people do get side tracked.
    My point is very obvious ...a thread dedicated to one character shouldn't seem like it's being hijacked.

How is it possible that the Damian thread looks like an appreciation thread for Damian but Jon's thread is like an appreciation for the comic Super Sons with a hint of discussion on how him being aged up will effect Damian and not soley about Jon.

The thing is you can easily have discussions about Super Sons and have it still only relate to Jon just like you can have discussions on Jon being aged up and how it'll effect his relationships without shifting focus from him but that's not what I saw or am seeing.

It's very strange to read a whole thread and instead of coming away seeing Jon fans, it's very obviously filled with Damian fans who see Jon as an extension of Damian's growth and Clois shippers who see Jon as a physical embodiment of their love and therefore an extension of their relationship ...both fans are coming across as if they don't see Jon as his own individual character but as a step ladder for their faves.

This is why I'm glad he was aged up, not only b/c I selfishly like teen heroes but b/c he needs his own fanbase which I have yet to be convince he has ...at least not on this forum.

So to reiterate that is my point.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    My point is very obvious ...a thread dedicated to one character shouldn't seem like it's being hijacked.

How is it possible that the Damian thread looks like an appreciation thread for Damian but Jon's thread is like an appreciation for the comic Super Sons with a hint of discussion on how him being aged up will effect Damian and not soley about Jon.

The thing is you can easily have discussions about Super Sons and have it still only relate to Jon just like you can have discussions on Jon being aged up and how it'll effect his relationships without shifting focus from him but that's not what I saw or am seeing.

It's very strange to read a whole thread and instead of coming away seeing Jon fans, it's very obviously filled with Damian fans who see Jon as an extension of Damian's growth and Clois shippers who see Jon as a physical embodiment of their love and therefore an extension of their relationship ...both fans are coming across as if they don't see Jon as his own individual character but as a step ladder for their faves.

This is why I'm glad he was aged up, not only b/c I selfishly like teen heroes but b/c he needs his own fanbase which I have yet to be convince he has ...at least not on this forum.

It was not hijacked.it got sidetracked, true. The reason, Damian fans as you mentioned were saying supersons make Damian look bad and changed his character. And some were implying jon is too "normal or something " to be worthy of Damian's friendship and he had not earned it. This, what prompted the change. Neither of this felt true for me. So, we talked about it. Before that we were just talking about if this would splitup supersons and how it shouldn't. Since, both the characters have grown together enough and it just doesn't suit their temperament and normal attitudes.And, they do talk about Jon in clois thread.

Regardless, of your perception jon does have his own fans. I am one of them. And there are bound to be overlaps. Just because i like Wally does not mean i can't like Jay. And i started out Superman fan.it is not just Damian and Clois fans who post here. Some conner fans also post here as well.

I don't like the age up. I believe it is just a stupid gimmick. If jon has enough staying power. which i believe he does. He will be changed back sooner or later. I would only like or appreciate this change if and only if Jon is "superman the second" and has the temperament of a "superman". not a teen.

For me teen heroes, are a dime a dozen. And most of them are just balls of angst which i hate(not the fault of characters but writers) . So, i will always want Jon to stay clear of that nonsense. I would rather Jon be kid or full blown adult. So, i rather jon be "superboy" or "superman" just like Clark.

We only started going in depth talking about supersons stuff because Bendis tweet if i remember correctly.before that we were talking about jon being "superman secundus".

It does not matter, if you think Jon does not have fans of his own anyway. It is not like the teen jon thing is going to be so revolutionary that it will bring tons of fans.no, it won't. At best, it will just bring in some naysayers. Which i find funny, since Jon seems to be written by bendis like how jurgens used to write him.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 02-01-2019 at 04:06 AM.

All-New Member

Super Sons is currently the only book featuring a version of the character people like and one of the few books to feature Jon prominently in his short existence so no duh its and his relationship to Damian (which is central to the book) is gonna come up due to their being little in the way of options.

Comparing the two isn't fair, Damian simply the bigger character of the two in terms of both presence and development, he been around much longer and featured in multitude of different books and medium, but I can't imagine he would've reached those heights or have the fanbase he has now if the core appeal of his character had been altered fundamentally by the very next writer after Morrison.

And therein lies the problem with Bendis age up of Jon, instead of building upon and expanding whats already there he's essentially swapped the character for a new one, instead helping to cultivate and grow Jon's character and fanbase he's alienating what of it that already exists.

Also I wouldn't be basing a general consensus of off CBR forums (its not the most active or populated place on the web), Reddit, Youtube and Twitter show that Jon does have quite a few fans (and include me to while your at it) and they're very unhappy with the change.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Leaf57 View Post
    Also I wouldn't be basing a general consensus of off CBR forums (its not the most active or populated place on the web), Reddit, Youtube and Twitter show that Jon does have quite a few fans (and include me to while your at it) and they're very unhappy with the change.
    This. I've been around the beat a couple of times tracking the critical consensus, I know Bendis has his cheerleaders here (and I find myself defending and slating him depending on the book), but a good deal want Bendis gone and the changes to Jon reversed.

I just hope they bring back kathy

For those may be interested, a younger version Jon will be featured in my new Spider-Man/Justice League crossover story Convergence Point. Inspired by fanart Jon will also have a friendship with Annie Parker which later in the story (after both have grown into teens) will develop into a romantic relationship -

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1319924...vergence-Point

If so inclined, enjoy
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

I just hope they bring back kathy
    I miss carefree young Jon even more after seeing this.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    For those may be interested, a younger version Jon will be featured in my new Spider-Man/Justice League crossover story Convergence Point. Inspired by fanart Jon will also have a friendship with Annie Parker which later in the story (after both have grown into teens) will develop into a romantic relationship -

If so inclined, enjoy
    This looks cool. I see you are writing it. All the best for the story. Hope! It ends up the way you envisioned.

This looks cool. I see you are writing it. All the best for the story. Hope! It ends up the way you envisioned.
    Thank you very much for your well wishes.

BANNED

Because Jon disappeared from Superman comics altogether for months and only resurfaced last issue. During that time Adventures of the Super Sons has been the only comic starring Jon to be published. Simply put there has nothing else to talk about other than his relationship with Damian.
    Secondly Bendis has been upsetting Lois & Clark's relationship, the reprecussions will naturally be felt by Jon. Since its becoming a bigger and bigger issue by the day ofcourse it will be the topic of discussion.
    Finally aging up destroyed Chris Kent and its divided Jon fans. Jon fans love him because he's a fun loving cutesy kid and they're going to dump him the moment he becomes a run of the mil teen Super clone. Its not going to get him a fanbase, its only going to destroy one it already has and if its going to alienate supporting fanbases( Damian fans, Clois fans) then the character is as good as finished.
    Last edited by Armor of God; 02-07-2019 at 10:11 AM.

jon does have fans of his own.
    Jon and Damian fans overlap.

The Damian thread does include discussions about the supersons and Jon. It's just that recent events meant we could only discuss Supersons Jon since that was the only one we had.

As one of the fans that felt supersons changed Damian that doesn't mean I'm not a fan of the title and it doesn't stop me being a fan of Jon. I liked Jon before Supersons and I still like him regardless of my issues with Supersons.

Anyway I'm curious to see where Jon is headed and what his role in Levithan will be.

Chapter Two of my DC/Marvel Crossover story "Convergence Point" featuring Jon (poor guy does not get nearly enough love especially as a kid) posted -

If so inclined, enjoy.

I guess, Jon is going to stay this aged up version for a while. Tough luck guys, i wanted it to just end. Oh well! i hope atleast we get some fun stories with him.
    https://twitter.com/BRIANMBENDIS/sta...47352169644032

Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 02-17-2019 at 10:18 AM.