Page 3 of 62 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Apparently Bendis is writing the Legion of Super-Heroes. Which means it's almost certainly part of the Wonder Comics line, whose titles all somehow involve Superman. Could Jon become a Legionnaire?
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/01...-comic-spring/
    Yeah... I'm already on the fence about reading Young Justice by him for what he made the Super family into (Clark and Lois into incompetent parents and stupidly aging Jon up). He's already demoted Tim back to Robin, for inexplicable reasons for Young Justice. Shipping Jon off to the future? That's a big fat "NO!" for me. Bendis has already done enough to wreck the family that was my favorite to read during Rebirth.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Yeah... I'm already on the fence about reading Young Justice by him for what he made the Super family into (Clark and Lois into incompetent parents and stupidly aging Jon up). He's already demoted Tim back to Robin, for inexplicable reasons for Young Justice. Shipping Jon off to the future? That's a big fat "NO!" for me. Bendis has already done enough to wreck the family that was my favorite to read during Rebirth.
    Yeah, Jon is a great character on his own, but his relationships with Clark, Lois, and Damien are all pretty wonderful and I want to see more of them. So now Bendis seems to be permanently altering those dynamics when they hadn't been used to their full potential. Completely separating him from them would be an even more awful result.

The only way I could maybe be okay with it is if Teen Jon is an alternate timeline Jon who goes to chill with the legion, while 10 year old Jon stays in the present with his parents and Damien.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Yeah, if Bendis wants to put Jon on the Legion, fine. I don’t think it’s a good fit at all but whatever. But if he’s burning all of the bridges Jon has going for him in the present day dcu, the Damian partnership, being raised by his parents not his crazy grandpa, Kathy etc. Then this just sucks and needs to be reversed asap.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I feel the same way guys. But atleast he is sticking around. Who knows how long that is going to last.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

God I really do not want him shipped to the future. Short trip there sure. But they tried that stuff with Chris back in the day. Didnt work. Let the kid grow normal. It's why YJ worked so damn well in the first place and why it makes sense to have had Damian and Jon form an all star squad or something with the younger crowd if kids with powers.

We can have two super boys. Sheesh.

The way I see it, The only thing that can save Jon from the same fate as Chris is the sales of supersons book and Jon's popularity.
    There is 3 scenerio, I have:
    If this thing does not end well and supersons sells reasonably well. then Jon will be reverted back and everything will be as before.
    if it is good and supersons sell well then, an aged up 14 year old Jon will continue to have adventures with damian and his own parents.
    But if, supersons does not sell well and this bendis thing does not work out. Then you can kiss Jon goodbye like chris.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    The way I see it, The only thing that can save Jon from the same fate as Chris is the sales of supersons book and Jon's popularity.
    There is 3 scenerio, I have:
    If this thing does not end well and supersons sells reasonably well. then Jon will be reverted back and everything will be as before.
    if it is good and supersons sell well then, an aged up 14 year old Jon will continue to have adventures with damian and his own parents.
    But if, supersons does not sell well and this bendis thing does not work out. Then you can kiss Jon goodbye like chris.
    As far as sales go, looks like Supersons are doing well. I dont see them throwing him out the window just yet as it could play out differently than we think. We assume Bendis is gonna have Jon there, but what if that's not the case? He certainly made sure that Miles family was key to his story, so I doubt he's going to pull him away from them that fast. Has anyone tried to ask him on Twitter about this?

Also, seems like people are remembering Chris in regard to at least the fans. So that's a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    As far as sales go, looks like Supersons are doing well. I dont see them throwing him out the window just yet as it could play out differently than we think. We assume Bendis is gonna have Jon there, but what if that's not the case? He certainly made sure that Miles family was key to his story, so I doubt he's going to pull him away from them that fast. Has anyone tried to ask him on Twitter about this?

Also, seems like people are remembering Chris in regard to at least the fans. So that's a good thing.
    Chris or rather Lor-zod is part of the current continuity. He is just not Chris Kent anymore. Superman's son and nightwing.

Chris or rather Lor-zod is part of the current continuity. He is just not Chris Kent anymore. Superman's son and nightwing.
    Yup I saw him. He's sort of Jon's opposite right now. Would be nice if he does eventually turn good and not repeat his Fathers cycle.

So if an aged up Jon doesn't go to the legion, where do people want him to go? TT, work with YJ or form his own new team with Damian?

Yup I saw him. He's sort of Jon's opposite right now. Would be nice if he does eventually turn good and not repeat his Fathers cycle.

So if an aged up Jon doesn't go to the legion, where do people want him to go? TT, work with YJ or form his own new team with Damian?
    I don't see working or training with Legion as necessary bad.his dad did it. So he will too. since, time travel is involved Jon doesn't have to be separated from his family or friend in the present. He go to the future and return in the same time.he can still goof of with damian. But teen titans doesn't fit Jon. nor does YJ. That is conner's team. So, junior division of Legion. next generation 31st century heroes might just work.

Kon93

Older Jon should take pocket superboys place with the Legion,WHILE the real 10 year old Jon comes back,and we get this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kon93 View Post
    Older Jon should take pocket superboys place with the Legion,WHILE the real 10 year old Jon comes back,and we get this.
    That would be nice. I would love to see that happen. Would be kind of cool if we got Cir-el back and make her connected to lois and clark.

If Jon gets to go between I hope he makes more friends in the present day over the future.

Kon93

That would be nice. I would love to see that happen. Would be kind of cool if we got Cir-el back and make her connected to lois and clark.

If Jon gets to go between I hope he makes more friends in the present day over the future.

They could play cir like she is actually lois and Clark's real daughter from the future,not a brainiac experiment.it would be cool to see a sister for jon,older than him,even when she is supposed to be younger than him,and you can make her SBs age,and have them bounce off each other.

I am very much in the "want 10 year old Jon back" camp,so I dont really want that jon going to the future,I want him with his parents.course I'm sure bendis will keep his older Jon around,so having him with the Legion,where bendis will probably reboot the book is a option.

Just read adventures of supersons #6.Does anyone know who Tommy tomorrow of planeteers is. He had a hawk symbol on his chest.

Just read adventures of supersons #6.Does anyone know who Tommy tomorrow of planeteers is. He had a hawk symbol on his chest.
    Old character that hasn't really had his own series since the 1960s. Had to look it up, as I was thinking "Planeteer? Like Captain Planet and the Planeteers?" originally.