Page 37 of 62 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Funny. I want to see a similar thing with Lor-Zod. Have him be a sort of antagonist for Jon, but end up with the two becoming unlikely friends, much to Zod's disapproval. This would result in Lor-Zod becoming Chris again. Funny, how something about Jon just makes one think redemption for villains. Guess cause he's the friendly sort.
    Like sasuke and naruto? I think that's what jurgens had in mind.

A. I'm convinced Jon is a My Hero Academia fanboy.
    B. I definitely agree with what your saying and I would have loved to see Jon have more time working with other DC Universe adults one on one. Of course, I think Lois should be one of the first on the list. I feel people aren't focusing enough on how Jon isn't just Clark's son. He's Lois's too and he needs to exhibit some signs of her influence as well.
    Wel! He had naruto posters in his room back in hamilton. He loves animes.

https://ew.com/tv/2019/07/22/elizabe...finite-earths/
    Jon might make his debut on arrowverse. The guy/girl who wrote the article seems to want it to. Let's hope it's jon as well.

EW has exclusively learned that Elizabeth Tulloch will reprise her role as Lois Lane in “Crisis on Infinite Earths,” which will also feature Tyler Hoechlin’s Superman. Not only that, but we’ll also meet Clark and Lois’ child in the five-hour, multiverse-threatening event. (Fingers crossed the Arrowverse follows DC Comics canon and it’s a boy named Jon!)

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Like sasuke and naruto? I think that's what jurgens had in mind.
    I think Jon would say that Damian's his Bakugo while Chris was his Todoroki. Or Damian's his Sasuke while Chris was his Gaara. Or Damian's his Trunks while Chris is his Gohan (Jon would be the Midoriya, Naruto, and Goten in these analogies).
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    https://ew.com/tv/2019/07/22/elizabe...finite-earths/
    Jon might make his debut on arrowverse. The guy/girl who wrote the article seems to want it to. Let's hope it's jon as well.
    If they use some Crisis nonsense to make Jon eight or so, I say they cast Brandon Routh's kid. No idea if he's an actor, but it'd be kind of awesome.
    Currently Reading:

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    But it'd be cool to see him also learn from others so he can go down his own unique path.
    I agree. Ironic as it sounds, I think that's gonna be the idea behind him going with the Legion. Remember, in this continuity Clark has never been part of the Legion or met them, so Jon making the big decision to take the job is gonna be very much him doing his own thing his own way. And it's likely something his dad's not gonna be altogether down for. And I think from there he won't have any mentors or what have you, but rather he'll learning from and with his new peers and the world around him (very much like Izuku did with how he learned with and from his peers if you want to make that comparison). He'll be regularly traveling to an environment pretty far removed in nearly every way--specifically culturally-- from the world Clark is used to and Jon comes from.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    I agree. Ironic as it sounds, I think that's gonna be the idea behind him going with the Legion. Remember, in this continuity Clark has never been part of the Legion or met them, so Jon making the big decision to take the job is gonna be very much him doing his own thing his own way. And it's likely something his dad's not gonna be altogether down for. And I think from there he won't have any mentors or what have you, but rather he'll learning from and with his new peers and the world around him (very much like Izuku did with how he learned with and from his peers if you want to make that comparison). He'll be regularly traveling to an environment pretty far removed in nearly every way--specifically culturally-- from the world Clark is used to and Jon comes from.
    Honestly...I don't have a lot of faith in the Legion doing anything for Jon aside from making him a modern version of Teen Clark. They even changed his appearance (again) to make him look more like his Dad. After what I just said about wanting him to do his own thing, having him join a team that his Dad was associated with when he was his age (even if that's not a part of his current history anymore) just rubs me the wrong way. Though there might be a couple biases on my part because:

1. I haven't trusted Bendis since All New X-Men and I've been against every decision he's made with Superfamily so far
    2. I've never been a big Legion fan. I'd much rather see Jon on the Titans since their rejection of him was the reason he went with Jor-El in the first place (even though they stressed that it had nothing to do with not wanting him)

But...I don't know. I still get the feeling this will just be one more disservice to Jon as a character.

I think Jon would say that Damian's his Bakugo while Chris was his Todoroki.
    And now I'm convinced that Jon really is an alt. Universe version of Midoriya.

You know...there definitely was a time when Damian could be Bakugou. But he's been REALLY mellowed out lately, to the point where I'd say he's closer to Todoroki now.

Mighty Member

And now I'm convinced that Jon really is an alt. Universe version of Midoriya.

You know...there definitely was a time when Damian could be Bakugou. But he's been REALLY mellowed out lately, to the point where I'd say he's closer to Todoroki now.
    The comparisons aren't perfect, but I think they are the ones Jon himself would make. Like taking a personality test. There are similarities, but the character you get is never one-to-one. Damain can be rude and aggressive, even since he's mellowed, but he's very passionate about being a hero. He also doesn't like taking orders from anyone and isn't really in touch with his emotions. Hence, Bakugo.
    Currently Reading:

Honestly...I don't have a lot of faith in the Legion doing anything for Jon aside from making him a modern version of Teen Clark. They even changed his appearance (again) to make him look more like his Dad. After what I just said about wanting him to do his own thing, having him join a team that his Dad was associated with when he was his age (even if that's not a part of his current history anymore) just rubs me the wrong way.
    I hear ya, and you're totally entitled to feel the way you feel. Not everything's gonna hit you the same way it hits me, right? But in regards to Jon looking like Clark? Well, that's actually been the intent since his conception under Jurgens. In a newsarama interview for Superman: Lois and Clark Jurgens said "the way I describe him [Jon] is that he looks like Clark but has Lois’ spitfire attitude and inquisitiveness."

And in my opinion, I think since it's a different continuity and Clark has never met the Legion, it does in fact become Jon's thing. I mean, Robin and Superboy teaming up was originally Tim and Conner's "thing", and the sons of Superman and Batman teaming up and being called the Super Sons was originally Clark Jr. and Bruce Jr's "thing", and before any of that, the teaming up of the Superman brand with the Batman brand was Clark and Bruce's thing. It's all about how each incarnation makes it their own, in my opinion.

For me, turning the Legion into a job offer of some sort, and recontextualizing and updating aspects of it already start to form it into something in new yet familiar.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

And in my opinion, I think since it's a different continuity and Clark has never met the Legion, it does in fact become Jon's thing. I mean, Robin and Superboy teaming up was originally Tim and Conner's "thing", and the sons of Superman and Batman teaming up and being called the Super Sons was originally Clark Jr. and Bruce Jr's "thing", and before any of that, the teaming up of the Superman brand with the Batman brand was Clark and Bruce's thing. It's all about how each incarnation makes it their own, in my opinion.
    While I enjoy the repeat-friendships for themselves, I do feel it's tired and tedious that they have to follow the same formula over and over again with each new iteration. I'd rather the newbies do more differently than their predecessors. Not every Super belongs in the Legion, not every Robin belongs in the Teen Titans (much less leading). Not every Super needs to hang with a Bat. Etc.

Honestly...I don't have a lot of faith in the Legion doing anything for Jon aside from making him a modern version of Teen Clark.
    It was either on a Kon or Kara thread that someone brought the idea up that all of Clark's proteges end up turned into him. I was railing on over Kon being moved to Clark's hometown, given his parents, and even a Luthor to have around. They brought up Kara with glasses and put into journalism/media. It does seem to happen that they get shoved into Clark-sized holes sometimes.
    Last edited by Tzigone; 07-25-2019 at 10:34 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    I hear ya, and you're totally entitled to feel the way you feel. Not everything's gonna hit you the same way it hits me, right? But in regards to Jon looking like Clark? Well, that's actually been the intent since his conception under Jurgens. In a newsarama interview for Superman: Lois and Clark Jurgens said "the way I describe him [Jon] is that he looks like Clark but has Lois’ spitfire attitude and inquisitiveness."

For me, turning the Legion into a job offer of some sort, and recontextualizing and updating aspects of it already start to form it into something in new yet familiar.
    This. No idea is ever original. It's all about working the concept to its fullest potential whatever generation. All members of Jon's family have joined the Legion in some continuity, why deny him the opportunity just because everyone else has done it before him? It worked with Super Sons, I'm hoping the same goes with LoSH.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    While I enjoy the repeat-friendships for themselves, I do feel it's tired and tedious that they have to follow the same formula over and over again with each new iteration. I'd rather the newbies do more differently than their predecessors. Not ever Super belongs in the Legion, not every Robin belongs in the Teen Titans (much less leading). Not every Super needs to hang with a Bat. Etc.

It was either on a Kon or Kara thread that someone brought the idea up that all of Clark's proteges end up turned into him. I was railing on over Kon being moved to Clark's hometown, given his parents, and even a Luthor to have around. They brought up Kara with glasses and put into journalism/media. It does seem to happen that they get shoved into Clark-sized holes sometimes.
    While I get the argument against the Super family being turned into mini Clarks randomly, Jon being his son is perhaps the only one who logically makes sense to follow in his father's (and mother's) footsteps, especially since he was at a very impressionable age where that's all he wanted, despite being apprehensive about living up to his father's legacy. He can still grow out of t but it's doubtful at this stage. Kon should live a completely different life altogether and Kara should have developed enough on Krypton not to try and mimic her now fully grown cousin. I imagine she had her own ideas of the life she wanted to live but once she hit earth, they had her assimilate too quickly into a type of Superman clone and that's a travesty.

I hear you, and I think this idea is why I'm genuinely hoping my "Clark is really Jon's step-dad, and Superman is his biological father" blended family idea comes to pass because it would, on a fundamental level, make Jon navigate that personal section of his life differently than Clark has ever had to. I don't want Jon to go into journalism/media. That's why I'm really enjoying the fact that his fascination with space is still around.

I don't want Jon to go into journalism/media.
    Me either. Of course, when he was 10/11, it wasn't an issue, since he was far away from even part-time work.

Me either. Of course, when he was 10/11, it wasn't an issue, since he was far away from even part-time work.
    I strongly doubt that Bendis is going to make Jon a reporter. And in terms of his job, part-time or otherwise, that seems to be what his membership to the "The Legion of Super-Human Affairs" is suppose to be.