Page 57 of 62 FirstFirst ... 747535455565758596061 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Say that after 5g crashes and burns. When jon gives back his title. He will be pretty much universally loathed. So, they will either erase him or put him back as he was
    I'm not holding out much hope for him turning back to how he was. Odds are, by the time DC gets sick of trying to push him as the new Superman, he'll have spent more time as an adult that he had as a child and they'll just leave him as he is, but either back as a supporting character or just gone to be with the Legion permanently. Either way, our boy ain't coming back.

Moment of silence for Jonathan Samuel Kent. And a big middle finger to his doppelganger.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    I'm not holding out much hope for him turning back to how he was. Odds are, by the time DC gets sick of trying to push him as the new Superman, he'll have spent more time as an adult that he had as a child and they'll just leave him as he is, but either back as a supporting character or just gone to be with the Legion permanently. Either way, our boy ain't coming back.

Moment of silence for Jonathan Samuel Kent. And a big middle finger to his doppelganger.
    Heh, I figured he'd end up erased entirely rather than left as is.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

The thing it won't be that simple. Superman has never been replaced like this. He has gone through changes and transformation, sure. Fanbase will hate jon. Leaving as is, won't be an option . So, if they don't put him back as kid. They will for sure erase him

The thing it won't be that simple. Superman has never been replaced like this. He has gone through changes and transformation, sure. Fanbase will hate jon. Leaving as is, won't be an option . So, if they don't put him back as kid. They will for sure erase him
    Sadly, I'd enjoy a non-crakcy thread on ways this could be erased/turn out to be a con. Is there anyone with perception-warping abilities we could use?

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    Heh, I figured he'd end up erased entirely rather than left as is.
    At this point, I don't even think I want that. Like...I still would have preferred he died in space rather than be aged up. But since that isn't happening then if he stays a grown ass man, now and forever, I'm hoping that another writer will come through eventually and breathe some new life into the character instead of the Clark 2.0 that Bendis is so obsessed with turning him into. Just like Miles Morales, the O5 X-Men, and Riri Williams. Once Bendis stopped writing those characters, they got SO much better than they were (though Miles was, admittedly, good from the start. He just got better)

Sadly, I'd enjoy a non-crakcy thread on ways this could be erased/turn out to be a con. Is there anyone with perception-warping abilities we could use?
    Does that fall under Dr. Fate's jurisdiction?
    Last edited by Blue22; 10-15-2019 at 06:30 PM.

Superboy Prime can punch jon back to being a kid. (silverage wackyness rules)

At this point, I don't even think I want that. Like...I still would have preferred he died in space rather than be aged up. But since that isn't happening then if he stays a grown ass man, now and forever, I'm hoping that another writer will come through eventually and breathe some new life into the character instead of the Clark 2.0 that Bendis is so obsessed with turning him into. Just like Miles Morales, the O5 X-Men, and Riri Williams. Once Bendis stopped writing those characters, they got SO much better than they were (though Miles was, admittedly, good from the start. He just got better)
    It's not that I want it, but that I expect it. Reboots are coming more frequently, and they're willing to discard newer characters. And sometimes ones 15 years old, if they don't find them important enough. With Jon as is, he's not really integrated into Clark's family anymore (and probably won't see as much of Damian, who has Bat-weight, but has had other friends tossed aside), and DC doesn't place a high value on the Legion (though that could change if this iteration sells fantastically), so on the chopping block he goes.

At this point we can expect jon going away like chris. Which i predicted. DC just couldn't leave it alone.

I just realized something...with all this **** happening with Jon right now....when's he gonna get the chance to meet Conner, like Bendis said he would? I mean, ruined or not, I still wanna see the two Superboys meet each other. **** I'd have taken that over the piss poor Super Sons reunion.

I just realized something...with all this **** happening with Jon right now....when's he gonna get the chance to meet Conner, like Bendis said he would? I mean, ruined or not, I still wanna see the two Superboys meet each other. **** I'd have taken that over the piss poor Super Sons reunion.
    What's the point? It isn't going to be anywhere good.
    Edit-someone on the lois and clark thread said jon is going to be on the jl#34. Snyder writes jon well. So maybe this will be good

What's the point? It isn't going to be anywhere good.
    No but he writes Conner better than he does Damian. It may not have been good but it at least might have been passable.

Mighty Member

Most likely, they're be some sort of Young Justice/Legion crossover in the new future.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Extraordinary Member

He was there for one page, what a waste

Jon had a crowning moment of AWESOME in the DCeased finale. Willing to go up against his zombified dad to help the survivors escape, and buying them enough time for the Green Lantern Corps to come in and save the day. That's my boy! I usually hate fakeout deaths but I am SO happy he survived!

Jon had a crowning moment of AWESOME in the DCeased finale. Willing to go up against his zombified dad to help the survivors escape, and buying them enough time for the Green Lantern Corps to come in and save the day. That's my boy! I usually hate fakeout deaths but I am SO happy he survived!
    This is how you make jon grow f---k up. Bendis doesn't know squat. Hope still lives. A new superman for a new tomorrow. My man taking on great responsibility with that great power. Jon became a true superman. Like peter isn't a spiderboy. He is spiderman. Jon made his debut as superman.