Page 30 of 62 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    This brings a tear to my eye. *sniff*
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Chris or rather Lor-zod is part of the current continuity. He is just not Chris Kent anymore. Superman's son and nightwing.
    He is to Chris what Bar-Tor was to Bart. I like Jon a lot, but I do wish Chris was there, too. I'm sort of in the minority - I'd love the idea of Lois and Clark adopting little Chris later (with no speed-aging for him) and he'd get to Jon's little brother instead of his big brother. But Lor-Zod made that impossible. I do want what was done with Jon undone, and don't want them to lose the opportunity to raise both the kids they had. But still hated Chris de-aging (and Thara dying) in old continuity. Is that weird?
    Last edited by Tzigone; 06-20-2019 at 04:49 PM.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

The boys are back!!!
    Image Shared by superlad here and bendis in general.

I see Damian, but only fake Jon is there next to him.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post

The boys are back!!!
    Image Shared by superlad here and bendis in general.
    I smiled on principle because I love Super Sons. But...it's just not the same. What should be a happy occasion has just made my heart hurt :/

Mighty Member

Yeah, it's not going to be the same with Jon older. And if it is all the same, then there was no point in aging up Jon in the first place.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Yeah, it's not going to be the same with Jon older. And if it is all the same, then there was no point in aging up Jon in the first place.
    The point of aging Jon isn't about Jon (except maybe the Legión of Super-Heroes). That's why his personality doesn't change.

The point is that Clark (and Lois) doesn't have to be in the role of a parent.
    Last edited by Konja7; 06-21-2019 at 03:00 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    The point of aging Jon isn't about Jon (except maybe the Legión of Super-Heroes). That's why his personality doesn't change.

The point is that Clark (and Lois) doesn't have to be in The role of a parent.
    Hence, why it sucks. Jon's story should be about Jon.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

I'll miss the banter about Jon being taller and Damian being older, which will be gone because now of course, Jon is the older one.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I'll miss the banter about Jon being taller and Damian being older, which will be gone because now of course, Jon is the older one.
    Honestly, I kinda wish they'd let Damian physically grow. For the most part, he looks the same at 13 as he did at 10. Puberty should be kicking in by now. Instead, they physically grew Jon - why do they have to get it backwards?

Fair point. An adult Damian would probably be a lot taller and could possibly reverse that old banter. Jon's now older, but Damian could end up being taller! What that relies on, of course, is that Jon's Kryptionian genes made him grow faster, whereas Damian gets a growth spurt later in puberty and overtakes him.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

If Jon had just been bumped up to about Damian's age (maybe slightly younger), I don't think this would have received the blow back it has.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Fair point. An adult Damian would probably be a lot taller and could possibly reverse that old banter. Jon's now older, but Damian could end up being taller! What that relies on, of course, is that Jon's Kryptionian genes made him grow faster, whereas Damian gets a growth spurt later in puberty and overtakes him.
    I think Jon would be taller than Damian regardless. Also Clark is supposed to be a bit taller than Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    No idea.@superlad thinks jon will be outted as superman's son rather than Clark's son.
    Anyways, is anyone else just tired of this jon in space crap and want him to return to earth?
    Rao’s flares, that would destroy the need for Clark.
    Last edited by JonSBF; 06-25-2019 at 05:06 AM.

I think Jon would be taller than Damian regardless. Also Clark is supposed to be a bit taller than Bruce.
    Depends on the artist and the story. I recall Superman taking place in Batman costume. I had it in my head there's both an animated and comic (pre-COIE version of this).

Obviously, height is not exactly correlated to parents. But given the age of puberty in boys, it would be quite unusual for a 13-year-old to shorter than a 10-year-old. At 10 years old, 5 feet tall would put a boy at the 97.8 percentile for height for that age (according to medscape calculator) and a 13 year old at the 30.5 percentile.

I think it's perfectly reasonable either might end up taller than the other. Bruce is usually set at 6'2" and Clark at 6'2"-6'4" in profiles. Lois I've seen at 5'6" and 5'7" and Talia at 5'8" (which, of course, doesn't mean they are actually drawn this way at all). It's only keeping 13-year-old Damian the same size at 10-year-old Damian I have issues with.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    Honestly, I kinda wish they'd let Damian physically grow. For the most part, he looks the same at 13 as he did at 10. Puberty should be kicking in by now. Instead, they physically grew Jon - why do they have to get it backwards?
    Damian's physical appearance has always been pretty inconsistent, depending on the artist. Even back when he was 10, there were times when he could have passed for 13. It's no surprise that things haven't changed now that he's actually 13. Though you could also chalk some of it up to the time he spent dead. That was for like...a year right? That could have halted his aging a bit so he's not even biologically a teenager yet. Or, the more likely scenario, the kid's just a late bloomer xD