Page 41 of 62 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    I've always enjoyed depending on the property it's used on. Applying it to the aesthetic of the Legion works for me.
    Fair enough. I guess if they're aiming for an aesthetic that can adapt more to live-action it makes sense.
    I think in regards to Jon spending time in the future essentially being the face of the House of El and legacy of Superman, I'm most interested in how the general public of the 32nd century will react to him. Do they take him as a tasteless fraud because they don't think he's the real deal, or do they go similar to Post-Crisis Valor where he's something of a cross between a celebrity and straight up religious figure.

Based on how during the flashback Bendis stressed the idea that around the galaxy Superman and his House of El is regarded as royalty. I may very well get my Space Prince yet
    I guess it depends on how he presents himself or how the Legion presents him, maybe? Or how much time Bendis has to dwell on it. Could just amount to 32nd-century equivalent of civilian Bendis speak.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess it depends on how he presents himself or how the Legion presents him, maybe? Or how much time Bendis has to dwell on it. Could just amount to 32nd-century equivalent of civilian Bendis speak.
    I imagine he'll get to it and have it as texture for how people interact with Jon in the future. One way or another, big or small, I'm sure he'll address the S.

Looking back at the group shot image we got from The Late Show, I'm starting to think that the Legion was being interviewed. Those floating devices around them could've been cameras. Jon's coming to the future may have been a televised event akin to the moon landing?

Honestly, I remember it always bugging how in the Legion of Super-Heroes cartoon no one seemed to care that someone who looked like and had the powers of the most famous being in history was walking around. So, I'd personally want something for Jon.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Looking back at the group shot image we got from The Late Show, I'm starting to think that the Legion was being interviewed. Those floating devices around them could've been cameras. Jon's coming to the future may have been a televised event akin to the moon landing?
    It looked like they were posing for a picture and that's why they were all coming together for a group shot.
    Honestly, I remember it always bugging how in the Legion of Super-Heroes cartoon no one seemed to care that someone who looked like and had the powers of the most famous being in history was walking around. So, I'd personally want something for Jon.
    I didn't really think of it that way, but I guess the show focused way more on the Legion (specifically Brainy's) and their reaction to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It looked like they were posing for a picture and that's why they were all coming together for a group shot.
    Yeah, exactly, something like that. I specifically thought interview because Timber Wolf seems to be talking/gesturing at what looks to be our protagonist for Legion: Millennium. If you look close you'll see that it seems to be the same woman on the cover for issue 1. I figured she's now a reporter. If it is indeed Melody Moore, then it's likely she was inspired by Clark/Superman to take on the job.

I didn't really think of it that way, but I guess the show focused way more on the Legion (specifically Brainy's) and their reaction to it.
    Yeah. It just bugged me. Like, when Clark meets Alexis, and he's sort of JUST a superhero to her. Not really the biggest deal for what the show was, but it bugged me.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Incredible Member

What about the Alexis Lithor episode clwarly she makes a big deal out of Supermans precense.

Quote Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
    What about the Alexis Lithor episode clwarly she makes a big deal out of Supermans precense.
    For me, it didn't feel like she made that big a deal out of it. It felt like she was having fun with her own personal superhero rather than meeting a living legend. She never even mentions the fact that he's from the past, if I remember right.

Don't get me wrong, for what that show was going for that didn't really affect it much in the long run. It just bugged me personally, and I'd like to see Jon's regular appearance in the future addressed more directly by people in the 32nd century. I think there's a great dynamic to be explored there.

The two covers of Legion of Super-Heroes #1 are very heavy on the Jon Kent, and the solicit itself seems to very clearly indicate that Bendis will not only directly addressing the 31st century's reaction to Jon Kent being there, but that it will actually an active subplot, so I'm very much a happy camper.

God, Sook's art is extraordinary.

Issue #1 solicitation: "Welcome to the 31st century! Inspired by the acts of and lessons learned from the greatest heroes of all time, the Legion of Super-Heroes have gathered together to stop a galaxy from repeating its past mistakes. The greatest lineup of heroes in comic book history returns with new, fresh, and reader-friendly stories! Eisner Award-winning writer Brian Michael Bendis reteams with master artist Ryan Sook (Action Comics) for one of the most ambitious mainstream comic books ever created! Why have the Legion of Super-Heroes broken the cardinal rule of the United Planets and inducted Jon Kent, a.k.a. Superboy, into the Legion? What are they hiding? And what does it have to do with Aquaman’s long-lost trident?"
    Last edited by Superlad93; 08-16-2019 at 10:17 AM.

Incredible Member

I was so cool with this idea a few months ago but now seeing Jon look so old and mature feels so wrong. This feels like something that should've released in 2025.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

The two covers of Legion of Super-Heroes #1 are very heavy on the Jon Kent, and the solicit itself seems to very clearly indicate that Bendis will not only directly addressing the 31st century's reaction to Jon Kent being there, but that it will actually an active subplot, so I'm very much a happy camper.

God, Sook's art is extraordinary.

Issue #1 solicitation: "Welcome to the 31st century! Inspired by the acts of and lessons learned from the greatest heroes of all time, the Legion of Super-Heroes have gathered together to stop a galaxy from repeating its past mistakes. The greatest lineup of heroes in comic book history returns with new, fresh, and reader-friendly stories! Eisner Award-winning writer Brian Michael Bendis reteams with master artist Ryan Sook (Action Comics) for one of the most ambitious mainstream comic books ever created! Why have the Legion of Super-Heroes broken the cardinal rule of the United Planets and inducted Jon Kent, a.k.a. Superboy, into the Legion? What are they hiding? And what does it have to do with Aquaman’s long-lost trident?"
    Huh. It just dawned on me that Lightning Lad either has heterochromia or a cybernetic/replacement eye. Interesting.

Am I the only one most excited to see how he processes the knowledge that Earth explodes at some point? That's going to come up over dinner one night when he's back home.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Huh. It just dawned on me that Lightning Lad either has heterochromia or a cybernetic/replacement eye. Interesting.

Am I the only one most excited to see how he processes the knowledge that Earth explodes at some point? That's going to come up over dinner one night when he's back home.
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed Lightning Lad's apparent heterochromia. Now what about the fact that the new Doctor Fate seems to have like 6 arms? He's just under Wildefire in the above picture.

But the Earth exploding thing will be fascinating to see talked about. I mean, is the fact that it's so far in the future, and a more than suitable replacement seems to have been found enough to make it so Jon just kind of goes "umm...okay...wow, but, I mean, seems like you guy's figured it out. Still weird though."

Maybe as per United Planets law he can't say anything to his parents? That's always been a plot point with all Legion stories involving Superman. And given the fact that apparently it's illegal for him to be there and part of the Legion in the first place, he might be on thin ice to start with?

Then again, with his dad now actively working on the United Planets, and likely being in store for a whole bunch of speed bumps and pitfalls; Jon may at least feel tempted? Classic time traveler's issue.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I miss the guyzzz. What terrible letdown bendis has been. I just hope that they relaunch supersons soon.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 08-19-2019 at 06:09 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I miss the guyzzz. What terrible letdown bendis has been. I just hope that they relaunch supersons soon.
    Totally. With a ten-year old Superboy.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Totally. With a ten-year old Superboy.
    they should get someone who can actually write them. I just wish bendis would give some importance to supersons reunion and not just legion thing. I hope that reunion is atleast decent.i can't believe we are stuck with bendis for the kids and superfamily. Superman has been nothing but a yawnfest.
    Rogol zarr, jor el, biiiiiiig mystery, space royalty drama, age up... Blah! From a cool run by tomasi to this ****. The only thing good was creation and introduction of the circle. A group that was quickly reduced to nothing. Jon-Ultraman relation was also great. But was cut short for more jor el crap.

All hail the greatest hero of all time, the great unifier, defender of peace- jon kent lol.
    images (1).jpeg

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    All hail the greatest hero of all time, the great unifier, defender of peace- jon kent lol.
    images (1).jpeg
    I preferred the cute Jon and Damian fan-art.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers