Page 15 of 62 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    He still won't take **** from damian, like kory or others did. If that is what you are hoping for. He didn't take it as kid, now he is "the superman".chances are, that is not happening.
    If Damian is not a kid, then what is he? For me Damian has always been a kid. Sure, he has blood on his hands. That doesn't mean a damn thing. And Why is he more comfortable with Dick than his own father?
    He is teen whose childhood was stolen. When you've died twice all before 11 I fear that there's an innocence you and never regain no matter how much bruce might try by making him start public schooling.

Because Dick is more of his dad than Bruce.
    He's known Dick much longer.
    Dick didn't replace him
    He is more accustomed to Dick than Bruce because he's being with the family 3 years [I year he spent making up for his sins, 1 year he spent with Dick as Batman while Bruce was dead, how many months when Bruce lost his memories]
    Dick is was the only one to give him unconditional love.
    Dick is his Batman
    Dick is his mum
    Dick is always there for him though Batman might have eyes on him.
    Everyone is more comfortable with Dick than with Bruce.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    He is teen whose childhood was stolen. When you've died twice all before 11 I fear that there's an innocence you and never regain no matter how much bruce might try by making him start public schooling.

Because Dick is more of his dad than Bruce.
    He's known Dick much longer.
    Dick didn't replace him
    He is more accustomed to Dick than Bruce because he's being with the family 3 years [I year he spent making up for his sins, 1 year he spent with Dick as Batman while Bruce was dead, how many months when Bruce lost his memories]
    Dick is was the only one to give him unconditional love.
    Dick is his Batman
    Dick is his mum
    Dick is always there for him though Batman might have eyes on him.
    Everyone is more comfortable with Dick than with Bruce.
    Who said anything about innocence? Not being innocent doesn't make him an adult. Trauma does not equal maturity. Did i say Dick was not any of that. You are just proving my point. 24 year olds don't need a Mum or Dad like Damian does. 24 year olds don't start collecting animals.The way i see it,Damian is a kid that went through rough upbringing and has trauma.That does not make him an adult.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 01-24-2019 at 02:12 AM.

Dude, Damian never acts like a 24 year old. He acts like a jerk.they are not the same thing. And as i said, that may be the reason why he seeks out Jon. Acting like a 24 year old is not being 24 year old. Dick saw right through that ****. Damian tried to play the 24 year old with jon, at first.It didn't work. Jon is a kid. He doesn't like it when others tell him how to play. And Damian try to be himself. Damian's other side, began to truly emerge.Jon is becoming more his best friend because of this. Damian gets to live out, some parts of the thing he lost with Jon. Heck! We had jon and Damian in clark's house eating ice-cream, junk food like normal kid, with Clark around. Do you think normally Damian would do that?
    And as Dick is Damian's "batman". Jon is Damian's "superman".
    No Damian acts like a 34 year old pompus jerk.
    What parts of Damian began to emerge?
    Batman and Robin get ice cream after patrol happening since 2009, Maya and Damian lived of fast food for like a year, Duke, Colin, Alfred serves Damian junk all the time. Damian is always eating junk in TT. Tomasi and Gleason always have him eating Junk. He eats fast food so much he knows the toys you can collect at bat burger.
    He takes acting lessons, uses the Batmobile to pick up girls.

Yes he gets to experience some kid thing's with Jon but we also had that Steph in the Batgirl run from dressing up to bouncy castles yet with his core personality intact and in character.

He goes to the movies with Duke.

Damian lets himself into arcades at night just to play Cheese viking
    Damian sent Bruce on a scavenger hunt around Europe so he can be Home Alone. He watched over Gotham for 3 nights.

Damian hasn't been himself with Jon not really. Damian in Rebirth alone has been written by 19 different writers. Out of those 2 characterisations stand out Supersons and Percy's TT. TT as Percy explained was intentional since that was a learning journey and in Percy's Green Arrow Damian is just regular Damian.

The 2nd is Supersons and Tomasi's superman. Those are the odd ones out.
    Last edited by dietrich; 01-24-2019 at 02:41 AM.

Who said anything about innocence? Not being innocent doesn't make him an adult. Trauma does not equal maturity. Did i say Dick was not any of that. You are just proving my point. 24 year olds don't need a Mum or Dad like Damian does. 24 year olds don't start collecting animals.The way i see it,Damian is a kid that went through rough upbringing and has trauma.That does not make him an adult.
    Experience and innocence affect how we view and react. Our responses. Kids reACT differently . Trauma affects all those as do conditioning and environment and nurture. All those are factors in play with Damian.

What do you mean I'm proving your point? And when was the last time needed or lived with a mum/dad/Dick. If you were reading his books you wouldn't have asked that because RSOB , Synders Batman, King's Grayson, TT. Robin has been pretty much a solo act since new 52 dude. He literally just broke into the batcave t his week .

Adults collect animals, robins, cars etc lots of things. Damian despite what you might have read on Tumblr doesn't collect animals. he rescued 2 animals, his father got him a dog and Alfred rescued a cat.

I don't mean it like that. I know Damian has fast food. But he does not go to someone's house. Where he sits at their table and with him, while his father reads a newspaper, does he? Canotations are different. Besides, of the people you mentioned. Most of them are family, you know "batfamily".i know, about the burger thing. I read that issue. He was with other ex-robins. Bruce was trying to eat burger with a fork and knife. Jon goes to kathy's house.

34 year old even pompes jerks act like that? Well i am not familiar with anyone like it so.I don't know.

What does he do exactly with gals he picks up?there are kids who do these type of things to show people they are adults. Does not make him an adult.the only difference is he is more competent and rich. Besides, he is a teen now.

what does taking acting lessons have to do with this? I am sure damian is talented and has higher brain functions. That still is not an adult.have you seen "gifted" movie?

An adult is a person who can take responsibilities and tasks, acts in a matured manner.
    Most of the time, Damian acts like brat. Not an Adult.Stephanie is not a kid, who has kid like interest.

What do you mean his core personality intact was not intact? He still being a jerk. It is just that Jon, gives it back to him.No, son of superman(adopted, cloned or otherwise) will take **** from anyone.

Tomasi and Morrison are the only one's that makes me root for damian.

Dude, i went through trauma when i was a kid. That did not make me an adult. I was still a kid. So did bruce, dick.. Etc. And tell me something. Why do we have separate, juvenile system for youth and kids. After all many of them have lost their innocence and have experiences. We have it because that does not make them adults. They are still Teens or Kids and their psychology and mentality is still of that. Heck! Damian's physiology is also that of a teen.

The side that emerged was his kid side. He was having fun, rather than as you say pompous. He was not being a mask for something for once.

Fine, you are right. But he is the one who takes care of them. He doesn't have to. He calls them his pets. And brags about them, like A kid. I was not talking about practical independence. All the kids that do superheroics are independent and competent to some level. I was talking about emotionally and psychologically.

For me, An Adult is someone who takes responsibility for his actions/failures and someone who takes responsibility for the people dependent on him. Damian does not scream any of that. But he is evolving and developing.

Is this a Jon thread or a Super Son's thread...

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    Jon is in supersons.so,what is your point?besides,we were discussing how jon's growth will affect Damian and vice versa.before it took a turn.people do get side tracked.

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    They're not exactly mutually exclusive. Since Super Sons had been a major part of Jon's comic run.

Spectacular Member

Besides children and adults do have different brain structure. Especially the rational part of the brain is only fully formed until age 25. No amount of trauma or "maturing" changes that. If an author writes a kid as an adult he is a bad author. The kid is still 13.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    No Damian acts like a 34 year old pompus jerk.
    What parts of Damian began to emerge?
    Sorry for the large image, but I couldn't find any smaller. But this is what began to emerge; Damian being able to be a kid with someone his own age.

That page is one of the best moments from Super Sons.

It feels like that's all going to be lost with Jon's overnight aging and Damian's thuggish behavior in Teen Titans. to both developments.
    Currently buying:
    Print: Superman, Nightwing, Super Sons, Doomsday Clock, Young Justice, Books of Magic, Batman: Creature of the Night, Ascender, Birthright, Black Hammer, . Digital: Action Comics, Batman, Detective Comics, Batman Beyond, Flash, Justice League, Titans, Teen Titans, Deathstroke, The Wild Storm, Terrifics, Naomi, The Dreaming, Star Wars, Black Science, The Magic Order, Gideon Falls, Giants, Archie, Riverdale, Maxwell's Demons.

Would anyone believe that last night i had a dream that i was reading an issue where Damian and the seventeen yr old Jon were going to meet? I don't remember what was happening in the story which i was reading in my dream. But i remember liking it.

I think either Superman was telling Jon to meet with Damian, or Jon saying i am going to surprise Damian. Perhaps both. Perhaps none.

I thought this was cool that someone made this. Super Sons with Mar'i Grayson.

Quote Originally Posted by MeGrimlock420 View Post

I thought this was cool that someone made this. Super Sons with Mar'i Grayson.
    That artist really likes Mar'i. Has an extended one where Damian is teaching toddler Mar'i the importance of catching her opponent of guard. So, she taps him on the arm with her toy sword. Anyway...

Incredible Member

I really hope Bendis brings Kathy back. She was a cool side character for Jon and if he ever formed his own team (we have enough teams led by Batman characters)
    She would be a good tech expert, at least in my mind. Now all he would need is a magic side character and you would have an interesting trinity.