Page 17 of 62 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

I guess, Jon is going to stay this aged up version for a while. Tough luck guys, i wanted it to just end. Oh well! i hope atleast we get some fun stories with him.
    Yeah I've estimated best case scenario we've stuck with this another year. The worst case scenario is that they want to get Jon out from under Lois and Clarks feet and on his own and send him off to the future with the Legion, which is why they aged him up all the way to seventeen. While I can see some potential to get couple good stories, long term I imagine the age difference and especially shipping him off to the future is going to mean the end of Supersons. Which is a waste. The Legion really doesn't need a super character, or they could just get a seventeen year old Jon from a timeline where he's raised by his parents. They're sacrificing Supersons and the family dynamic and at best propping up the legion. If that is their plan I'm going to have to boycott whatever legion series their planning to spin out of doomsday clock. In which case all we can do is voice our unhappiness and hope they change their minds. I'm finding this all so exhausting and frustrating.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I guess, Jon is going to stay this aged up version for a while. Tough luck guys, i wanted it to just end. Oh well! i hope atleast we get some fun stories with him.
    https://twitter.com/BRIANMBENDIS/sta...47352169644032
    Yeah, I need Bendis to not be in charge of Jon's direction anymore. His ideas tend to be awful and more about servicing Clark's development than Jon's.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisfanboy View Post
    Yeah I've estimated best case scenario we've stuck with this another year. The worst case scenario is that they want to get Jon out from under Lois and Clarks feet and on his own and send him off to the future with the Legion, which is why they aged him up all the way to seventeen. While I can see some potential to get couple good stories, long term I imagine the age difference and especially shipping him off to the future is going to mean the end of Supersons. Which is a waste. The Legion really doesn't need a super character, or they could just get a seventeen year old Jon from a timeline where he's raised by his parents. They're sacrificing Supersons and the family dynamic and at best propping up the legion. If that is their plan I'm going to have to boycott whatever legion series their planning to spin out of doomsday clock. In which case all we can do is voice our unhappiness and hope they change their minds. I'm finding this all so exhausting and frustrating.
    I know what you mean. They should been more honest about Jon's new status quo and Supersons. I wish we had gotten more Jon in school stories. I just hope that treat him like a superman, not superteen. I don't want read about another teen book. Jon was refreshing and very rare as a kid in comics. I don't care for superman training a seventeen year old Guy Who has been to space and back. Bendis's explanation for why Jon left Jor el so far has been stupid.Made Jon seem like an Idiot.My Grandpa has an existential crisis, oh! The horror!Shitty characterization if you ask me. I would have preferred it. if they made jor el who was already an unlikeable douche before being himself, be the reason Jon left.

Back from Dark Knights Metal.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Back from Dark Knights Metal.

That is hilarious. I am going to miss them.

Incredible Member

I think I like Teenage Jon, would've prefered him to stay 15-16 years old. But Bendis seems to have him still pure hearted and fun. We'll need to see a super sons team up to confirm though.

Really wanted something like this to happen.

I mean if Jon was aged up to about Damian's age, about 3 years, this wouldn't be as big of an issue. Still an issue, but not as bad.

Mighty Member

Really wanted something like this to happen.

I mean if Jon was aged up to about Damian's age, about 3 years, this wouldn't be as big of an issue. Still an issue, but not as bad.
    Yeah, those two meeting while Jon was 10 would have been awesome.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Yeah, those two meeting while Jon was 10 would have been awesome.
    Yep. With that, my only question would have been; does Jon think of Connor as an older brother, cousin like Kara, or more like an uncle? And any of the three would have been good.

Astonishing Member

Yep. With that, my only question would have been; does Jon think of Connor as an older brother, cousin like Kara, or more like an uncle? And any of the three would have been good.
    For me, this is the only thing that bites from Jon's aging up seven years in a blink of an eye. I wanted to see him interact with Kon just to see their reactions to one another and to have them bond as much as i wanted the same with Jon and Kara. As hurtful as this is for his parents, I feel like I have seen enough of them as a family to accept the ageing for their story and how it pushes their story forward somewhat but I know I was definitely robbed for the other relationships which we saw very little of (Kara) to practically never (Kon) and now he's as old as they are and the dynamic won't matter as much because we have nothing to compare it to. i think I would have been more eager to see where this leads if we'd seen the greater Super family interacting with one another during Tomasi and Jurgens' runs. Like maybe if they'd given us a little family arc to usher them out before Bendis could swiftly pull the rug from under all of their feet, not just Jon's parents. The story, I believe may have been more compelling, watching them go through this, Jor-El's actions and the impact they have on all of them.

BANNED

Bendis never liked the marriage and is trying his best to sabotage the family dynamic long term(making it harder for writers to fix it). By the time Bendis is done jon kent will probably be given the "daken" or "Connor new 52" treatment, a character ignored and seldom has any role outside of big events. Bendis has done nothing to convince me otherwise. Bendis knew killing jon kent off was impossible. So instead he completely ruins the character so completely that he is made unusable for future writers.

Kills the Damien jon relationship

Kills the only thing that makes him unique(the aging up)

Everything bendis has done is with the goal of making the marriage unappealing again and breaking up superman's family.
    Last edited by jason white reborn; 02-28-2019 at 12:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jason white reborn View Post
    Bendis never liked the marriage and is trying his best to sabotage the family dynamic long term(making it harder for writers to fix it). By the time Bendis is done jon kent will probably be given the "daken" or "Connor new 52" treatment, a character ignored and seldom has any role outside of big events. Bendis has done nothing to convince me othwrwise
    I hope not. Bendis seems to respect jurgens and his contribution to superman. Jurgens himself said the jon is for him now a cornerstone of superman mythos. So, i hope bendis does something great with him or atleast changes him back ASAP.

BANNED

He is lying and his changes are explicitly the kind of things that can derail a character in a subtle but permanent way. He kills the Damien jon relationship, he ages him up so that he isn't unique anymore, everything he has done is done specifically to screw jon Kents character over in the long term for years(which effectively makes characters less appealing thus get less screentime, just like daken).