Page 22 of 62 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast
Results 316 to 330 of 926
  1. #316
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    2,785

    Default

    A flashback perhaps.

    Jorge Jimenez draws my favourite Clark and Jon and this particular one is just so cute.

  2. #317
    Extraordinary Member Jackalope89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    5,844

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    A flashback perhaps.

    Jorge Jimenez draws my favourite Clark and Jon and this particular one is just so cute.
    Sadly, that's how I see it too.

  3. #318
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    https://twitter.com/Ssnyder1835/stat...06877504749568

    A potentially interesting development.
    To say the same thing I said in another thread on this
    Unfortunately it's probably just a flashback(or that the league story takes place before bendis's arc), but if by some chance DC decided to respond this quickly to the negative reaction by telling Snyder that on the way home from his current time travel story to stop by earth three and pick up Jon as an ad-hoc fix, I'd be all for it as I absolutely do not like Jon being aged up, and don't care whether it would undermine Bendis's story or not. They probably wouldn't be derailing bendis run too much, so older Jon would likely survive as an alternate timeline version and we'd have the two Jons coexist. Jon's secret Id and status Superman's son would also probably be revealed. Jon was said to be with Perry during Doomsday clock right? If everything still takes place before doomsday clock, Maybe Lois and Clark could arrange for the younger Jon to have fake secret ID being taken care of by perry until they can figure something out? All this is probably just wishful thinking.

  4. #319
    Mighty Member Blue22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    1,065

    Default

    New interview with Bendis on Word Baloon. Talks about the 50/50 reaction to Jon being aged up, tries to defend Lois and Clark's decision to let Jon travel with Jor-El ("everyone has a blind spot for family"), describes Leviathan as an "anti-event" which involves a lot of DC's prominent investigators and detectives, and reveals editorial forced him to change the ending of this week's issue of Action Comics

    https://twitter.com/BRIANMBENDIS/sta...91901334052866
    Noooononononononono, Bendis. Nice try. There's a big difference between "having a blind spot for family" and doing what Clark and Lois did. This whole business with Jor-El would only be possible if both of them were written as the worst, most irresponsible and uncaring parents ever. There's nothing in fiction that annoys me more than a plot whose advancement is completely dependent on characters suddenly becoming idiots.
    Last edited by Blue22; 03-28-2019 at 03:01 PM.

  5. #320

  6. #321
    Fantastic Member MeGrimlock420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Cybertron
    Posts
    453

    Default


  7. #322
    Astonishing Member stargazer01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,391

    Default

    From today:

    "Went to @PeterJTomasi's #WonderCon panel on Sat and while it was a great time, it broke my heart to hear that so much of what I loved about his SUPERMAN: REBIRTH run were things he had to fight hard for, things like the emotional character beats with 10 yo Superboy"

    "He said DC didn't think anyone’d like an issue where Lois & Clark take young Jon to the fair. Even a wonderful issue where the JLA gives cancer patients at Children's Hospital a Make-a-Wish day on the moon was greeting with skepticism. They didn’t get why schools wanted copies"

    There is more. Source: https://twitter.com/BittrScrptReadr/...36337915187200


    I don't get it... I remember seeing lots of fans happy about those stories on twitter.. unless the sales were low?

  8. #323
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1,281

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    From today:

    "Went to @PeterJTomasi's #WonderCon panel on Sat and while it was a great time, it broke my heart to hear that so much of what I loved about his SUPERMAN: REBIRTH run were things he had to fight hard for, things like the emotional character beats with 10 yo Superboy"

    "He said DC didn't think anyone’d like an issue where Lois & Clark take young Jon to the fair. Even a wonderful issue where the JLA gives cancer patients at Children's Hospital a Make-a-Wish day on the moon was greeting with skepticism. They didn’t get why schools wanted copies"

    There is more. Source: https://twitter.com/BittrScrptReadr/...36337915187200


    I don't get it... I remember seeing lots of fans happy about those stories on twitter.. unless the sales were low?
    Yeah, the issue at the fair is probably my favorite Superman story of all time. I'm glad Tomasi went to bat for it.
    Currently Reading:

    DC: The Flash, Aquaman

    Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

    Boom: Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers, Go Go Power Rangers

  9. #324
    Extraordinary Member Celgress's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,227

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    I don't get it... I remember seeing lots of fans happy about those stories on twitter.. unless the sales were low?
    From what I've been told by my comic book insiders the editors (at different comic book companies past & present) feel the home lives of superheroes are "boring" and "detract from what truly matters" (i.e. fighting villains and wacky adventures in general). This mindset I've been informed is why most superheroes don't even have civilian jobs these days or other responsibilities.
    Last edited by Celgress; 04-01-2019 at 09:58 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

  10. #325
    Extraordinary Member Jackalope89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    5,844

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    From what I've been told by my comic book insiders the editors (at different comic book companies past & present) feel the home lives of superheroes are "boring" and "detract from what truly matters" (i.e. fighting villains and wacky adventures in general). This mindset I've been informed is why most superheroes don't even have civilian jobs these days or other responsibilities.
    Goes to show how out of touch a lot of editors are when it comes to thinking what fans enjoy.

    That one-shot with the kids on the watchtower was simple, yet awesome on so many levels. Its why JL8 is so popular, despite being a fan made comic.

  11. #326
    Mighty Member Robanker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    1,866

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    From today:

    "Went to @PeterJTomasi's #WonderCon panel on Sat and while it was a great time, it broke my heart to hear that so much of what I loved about his SUPERMAN: REBIRTH run were things he had to fight hard for, things like the emotional character beats with 10 yo Superboy"

    "He said DC didn't think anyone’d like an issue where Lois & Clark take young Jon to the fair. Even a wonderful issue where the JLA gives cancer patients at Children's Hospital a Make-a-Wish day on the moon was greeting with skepticism. They didn’t get why schools wanted copies"

    There is more. Source: https://twitter.com/BittrScrptReadr/...36337915187200


    I don't get it... I remember seeing lots of fans happy about those stories on twitter.. unless the sales were low?
    And yet those two issues are some of my favorites and ones I usually see listed as high points. Just goes to show that the people in charge care about superpowers slamming into each other and naught else. Hoping a regime change happens soon. Tired of superheroes just being an endless game of Spy vs Spy.

  12. #327
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    3,447

    Default

    so is this really permanent

  13. #328
    Astonishing Member manwhohaseverything's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    3,340

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    so is this really permanent
    Where is this from?damian looks same age as jon in his current state

  14. #329
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1,281

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Where is this from?damian looks same age as jon in his current state
    That's from DCeased, Tom Taylor's new Elseworld zombies in the DC universe series. Not sure if Jon and Damian are supposed to be older or if the artist just isn't great at drawing kids. Most likely, Jon and Lois are about to be zombified to give Superman angst in the series.
    Currently Reading:

    DC: The Flash, Aquaman

    Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

    Boom: Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers, Go Go Power Rangers

  15. #330
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    3,447

    Default


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •