Page 31 of 62 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    Depends on the artist and the story. I recall Superman taking place in Batman costume. I had it in my head there's both an animated and comic (pre-COIE version of this).

Obviously, height is not exactly correlated to parents. But given the age of puberty in boys, it would be quite unusual for a 13-year-old to shorter than a 10-year-old. At 10 years old, 5 feet tall would put a boy at the 97.8 percentile for height for that age (according to medscape calculator) and a 13 year old at the 30.5 percentile.

I think it's perfectly reasonable either might end up taller than the other. Bruce is usually set at 6'2" and Clark at 6'2"-6'4" in profiles. Lois I've seen at 5'6" and 5'7" and Talia at 5'8" (which, of course, doesn't mean they are actually drawn this way at all). It's only keeping 13-year-old Damian the same size at 10-year-old Damian I have issues with.
    Jon is an alien, and though he is “half-Kryptonian”, he clearly leans heavily to his Kryptonian side (I have a theory about how it is possible). So there isn’t much to compare. For example, I am pretty sure that Kryptonians are denser than humans, so Jon, alongside being big for a ten years old, would be exceptionally heavier than his body frame suggests.

Quote Originally Posted by JonSBF View Post
    Jon is an alien, and though he is “half-Kryptonian”, he clearly leans heavily to his Kryptonian side (I have a theory about how it is possible). So there isn’t much to compare. For example, I am pretty sure that Kryptonians are denser than humans, so Jon, alongside being big for a ten years old, would be exceptionally heavier than his body frame suggests.
    Which has nothing to do with my post, which referenced height only.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Jon is a hybrid human-kryptonIan. KryptonIans have largely been taller on average than humans. Clark is supposed to be taller than bruce. I believe jon is going to be a big dude.

Astonishing Member

Jon was already taller than Damian at 10 and he outgrew his Super clothes at the start of Bendis' MoS, where I think he's at least 11. Just as Clark is taller than Bruce, the same goes for their sons. Damian can certainly hit a growth spurt at some time and I expect him to, I just don't see him towering over Jon even without Bendis tinkering with Jon's age. I chalk it up to his Kryptonian genes being the dominant gene to his human gene.
    Last edited by rpmaluki; 06-25-2019 at 09:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    Jon was already taller than Damian at 10 and he outgrew his Super clothes at the start of Bendis' MoS, where I think he's at least 11. Just as Clark is taller than Bruce, the same goes for their sons. Damian can certainly hit a growth spurt at some time and I expect him to, I just don't see him towering over Jon even without Bendis tinkering with Jon's age. I chalk it up to his Kryptonian genes being the dominant gene to his human gene.
    Kryptonians are not exceptionally tall. Batman is a similar height to Superman. I don't expect Damian to tower over Jon - just saying I think it perfectly feasible either could end up taller and that Damian is usually shown too short right now (or right before Jon's growth spurt), because a 13 should not be shorter than a 10 year old, given the relative heights of their parents (and the grandparents we've seen). Damian shorter grown - sure. Damian shorter at this point in their lives (10 & 13) - no.

Frankly, it gets me into how teens are almost always shorter than adults in comics in cartoons even though in the real world they aren't. The old Teen Titans are great for this. They're 16 and 17 years old and should be full-height (especially Donna) and they're usually at least six inches shorter than the adults. Then, when it was time for Dick to go to college (I think), everyone got overnight growth spurts and started looking like adults.
    Last edited by Tzigone; 06-25-2019 at 10:00 AM.

Astonishing Member

Real life is much more random and not fixed on any set of standards, what I'm getting at here is that it's already established that Jon is taller and was still growing faster compared to Damian before Bendis had Jon imprisoned in an alternative universe and time for 5 years or however long it was. In real life no 10yr old is taller than a 13yr but in this case of these two characters, it happened and has continued to be the case if you ignore the "instant" age up.

Jon's Kryptonian genes are from good stock, his dad, granted that may not always be the case. If Clark has more offspring.
    Last edited by rpmaluki; 06-25-2019 at 10:18 AM.

Real life is much more random and not fixed on any set of standards, what I'm getting at here is that it's already established that Jon is taller and was still growing faster compared to Damian before Bendis had Jon imprisoned in an alternative universe and time for 5 years or however long it was. In real life no 10yr old is taller than a 13yr but in this case of these two characters, it happened and has continued to be the case if you ignore the "instant" age up.

Jon's Kryptonian genes are from good stock, his dad, granted that may not always be the case. If Clark has more offspring.
    I know it was already established 10 year old Jon was taller than 13 year old Damian. I just don't like it, and didn't like it before Jon aged up. It's not statistically likely. And I'd have a problem with Damian not growing between 10 and 13, even if Jon didn't exist.

And again, I think there is absolutely nothing in "Kryptonian genes" that make anyone taller than "Earth genes" - for all the Kyprtonians we've seen (in various continuities) have not been generally taller than Earthlings. And Clark's "stock" isn't significantly taller in history than Bruce's, from what we've seen.

For the record, I also think 17-year-old Jon is too short for his age if he's supposed end up as tall as scene in previous possible futures. Unless he's a late bloomer, too.

RIP Jon. Bendis has Chris Kent-ed you.

Mighty Member

If you look at a group of middle schools (since Jon is most likely in 5th Grade and Damian in 8th), within any given grade there is huge variation in sizing. Those growth spurts seem to hit different kids at different ages, but it's hard to say. It's unlikely, but maybe it is possible.

That said, let's be real. The only reason Damian is 13 is that they wanted to put him on the Teen Titans. They did this without changing anything about his appearance or his identity, most likely because they didn't want to change a character that was very popular too drastically. So that's most likely why 13 year old Damian is still as short as he is.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Kryptonians are not exceptionally tall. Batman is a similar height to Superman. I don't expect Damian to tower over Jon - just saying I think it perfectly feasible either could end up taller and that Damian is usually shown too short right now (or right before Jon's growth spurt), because a 13 should not be shorter than a 10 year old, given the relative heights of their parents (and the grandparents we've seen). Damian shorter grown - sure. Damian shorter at this point in their lives (10 & 13) - no.

Frankly, it gets me into how teens are almost always shorter than adults in comics in cartoons even though in the real world they aren't. The old Teen Titans are great for this. They're 16 and 17 years old and should be full-height (especially Donna) and they're usually at least six inches shorter than the adults. Then, when it was time for Dick to go to college (I think), everyone got overnight growth spurts and started looking like adults.
    As a thirteen years old, I must say that that being shorter than adults depends. Depends on the teen, depends on the adult, and a lot of other stuff. Even at school the height difference is big. As an example, I am 5'5, never went through anything resembling a growth spurt, and my 6'8 dad dwarfs me so much you can't even compare. On the other hand, I have freinds of my age that that I have been taller my whole life but are like 5'9 now. We grow at our own pace.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by JonSBF View Post
    Height does not matter anymore its the dynamic its Jon being cheated out of his childhood becasue bendis is a word i cant type out on here

It is statistically likely.Damian just like Bruce [at 13 according to tec] is short for his age but as Bruce assured him he'll have a growth spurt soon enough. Damian is usually shown as an adult to tower over Bruce and everyone else.

He's a short kid. It doesn't matter especially since he's the baby.
    Last edited by dietrich; 06-27-2019 at 12:34 AM.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Justice league z featuring jon kent superboy

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Jon is a hybrid human-kryptonIan. KryptonIans have largely been taller on average than humans. Clark is supposed to be taller than bruce. I believe jon is going to be a big dude.
    Supes is 6'3 Bruce is 6'2 their both big and tall its not a big deal in the end

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Supes is 6'3 Bruce is 6'2 their both big and tall its not a big deal in the end
    Can't forget all the regular people, even in real life, that are even bigger than that. Quite a few of them in the NFL, NBA, and collegiate programs for example.