Page 45 of 62 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    I was a teen then too (crap, that makes me feel old), but the Teen Titans series back then, while it had its goofy moments, also had character arcs, growing up moments, and adapted things like the Judas Contract (in a much different way, no pedo-Slade) and Raven dealing with Trigon being her father. And it kept serious moments serious, but knew when to have fun as well.

As for your original question; 10 year old Jon would have made an interesting addition to the current Teen Titans. Although he is Damian's best friend, he was also able to keep him in check and tell him no when needed. As it stands, Damian doesn't have someone like that on the team, and the group just took a turn for, well. You remember the Justice League episode with the Justice Lords, and the Justice Lords lobotimized their villains and planned to do the same on the League's Earth? Yeah, the Teen Titans have gone that direction.

And I've long been an advocate for Super Sons getting an animated series, and it seems it was even pitched to WB, but ultimately rejected. Which is incredibly stupid.
    OMG this is what i dislike about the supersons. Jon NEVER EVER kept Damian in check. Please lets stop that Dick kept Damian in check but never Jon.

The upside of Supersons ending is that Damian can reclaim his true self back i hate him always been part of a duo [which was happening with SS] and fans defining who he was based on one title that dumbed him down majorly
    Last edited by CPSparkles; 08-25-2019 at 04:44 AM.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    OMG this is what i dislike about the supersons. Jon NEVER EVER kept Damian in check. Please lets stop that Dick kept Damian in check but never Jon.

The upside of Supersons ending is that Damian can reclaim his true self back i hate him always been part of a duo [which was happening with SS] and fans defining who he was based on one title that dumbed him down majorly
    What he means is Jon doesn't take Damian's **** like others do. first time he behaved like a jerk to him Damian got punched in the gut. Which was satisfactory if i do say so myself. I couldn't read a page of teen titans rebirth because of the disrespect shown towards starfire. If i was on his team i would have thrown him across the field . Who the hell made damian the leader anyway? Especially, when there are others much senior to him.

I mean, he is no dick grayson. Grayson earned the spot as leader of the titans.dick didn't behave like jerk towards his friends all the time. Not that his team mates would have taken that from him. Wally, roy, vic.. Etc would have kicked him, if he ever did.

Jon kent can take damian, any day of the week. That is just the bottom line. You don't like that. Well, too bad that's how equality works.

Quote Originally Posted by Soubhagya View Post
    I wish this happened on Teen Titans. Lol. Plus, the second one is hilarious.

Going off on a tangent, would Jon make a good addition to Teen Titans? Then and now. I am asking as someone who haven't read their work and the most Teen Titans i have seen is Teen Titans Go! Lol. Back when Teen Titans was airing i did not want to watch it. I thought it was more 'kiddie'. Better see something more adult like Batman or Justice League. See they were younger characters. Nowadays i have no issue with watching Teen Titans Go! once in a while even if its way too kiddie. When you are a teen you want to feel more grown up. But when you are a grown up you are more comfortable in your own skin.

Personal talk aside, i would like to hear what people think of him being in Teen Titans. That particular story made me think that Jon might not be the best fit, even if i wanted that to happen. Jon appeared way too OP or his team. Thoughts?
    Jon would have been a great addition to Damian's first attempt at the Teen Titans. It really did feel like they were building up to that, but instead he was rejected (for reasons they stressed were not his fault and yet he still took it personally) and said rejection led to him making the biggest mistake of his life. I'd have been cool with him taking the place of one of the older Titans that didn't need to be there (Kory, Gar, or Raven)

As for the current Titans, he definitely wouldn't fit in with those walking angst machines. Even though I still think he and Maya should have been the first people Damian approached when forming his own team, not having Jon was for the best. The things Damian was doing would have probably damaged their friendship...like a lot.

If Damian ever gets a third chance (which I see coming. I don't think this current team was made to last) I would love to see Jon on there (even in his current, ruined state). Unfortunately, Bendis has such a tight grip on the Super family, I don't know if Jon would ever venture outside the Legion anytime soon.

I wouldn't worry about him being OP. The Titans have had Superfamily members MANY times before.
    It wouldn't be any different than Conner and Kara's stints on the team.
    Last edited by Blue22; 08-27-2019 at 07:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Jon would have been a great addition to Damian's first attempt at the Teen Titans. It really did feel like they were building up to that, but instead he was rejected (for reasons they stressed were not his fault and yet he still took it personally) and said rejection led to him making the biggest mistake of his life. I'd have been cool with him taking the place of one of the older Titans that didn't need to be there (Kory, Gar, or Raven)

As for the current Titans, he definitely wouldn't fit in with those walking angst machines. Even though I still think he and Maya should have been the first people Damian approached when forming his own team, not having Jon was for the best. The things Damian was doing would have probably damaged their friendship...like a lot.

If Damian ever gets a third chance (which I see coming. I don't think this current team was made to last) I would love to see Jon on there (even in his current, ruined state). Unfortunately, Bendis has such a tight grip on the Super family, I don't know if Jon would ever venture outside the Legion anytime soon.

I wouldn't worry about him being OP. The Titans have had Superfamily members MANY times before.
    It wouldn't be any different than Conner and Kara's stints on the team.
    Kory on that team really was the odd duck out. I know Gar and Raven should be of a similar age to her, but they weren't at the time. So, if any of them should have gone their own way, it really should have been her.

Though, in all honesty, that team should have been Damian, Jon, Maya, and Kathy. Then bringing in Wallace and Emiko. Right there you have a balanced team made up of similarly young heroes with a variety of abilities, close, but can hold one another back.

Plus, would have loved to see Damian react to Rob-zarro.

I'd replace Wallace with Jackson. Honestly I don't hate Emiko but she's never really felt right on the Titans. I'd rather see her on Birds of Prey.

And bring back Colin while we're at it. I know they probably don't want anyone usurping Jon as Damian's best friend (I'm pretty sure that's why Maya was put in imbo) but dammit, that kid deserves to exist.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

If they are bringing back any of wally's kids or Barry's kids they could have them on the team as well.

Sheesh. All this talk about Jon and Damian being on a team with their generation of young heroes and legacies is just making me even more resentful towards the Legion. GIVE ME MY SON BACK, BENDIS!

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

So, the Legion just got confirmed for Young Justice (the show), and as you all likely know, Jon Kent is already on the show as a baby.

With a straight up 10 year timeskip being more or less unlikely at the moment, the show's pretty strong track record with with paying homage to the comics and even current day stuff, and there apparently being some sort of media aspect to Bendis' deal with DC, chances seem pretty good that we may get Jon Kent in an active role as part of the Legion of Super-Heroes in Young Justice season 4.

Or it could be through a time travel episode, but that'd just be a cameo, and I'm much more interested in something more long term. Like maybe something where a handful of Legion members have to be in the past for some reason.

Given the fact that Bart is in the past, he's much younger than Jon would have to be by his time, and this is very much a capital T teen drama, I'm thinking there's a fairly reasonable chance that teen Jon may be the go-to. So we may get like a 3 or 4 year old Jon in the present, and a 16 or 17 year old Jon coming from the future.

"Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    So, the Legion just got confirmed for Young Justice (the show), and as you all likely know, Jon Kent is already on the show as a baby.

With a straight up 10 year timeskip being more or less unlikely at the moment, the show's pretty strong track record with with paying homage to the comics and even current day stuff, and there apparently being some sort of media aspect to Bendis' deal with DC, chances seem pretty good that we may get Jon Kent in an active role as part of the Legion of Super-Heroes in Young Justice season 4.

Or it could be through a time travel episode, but that'd just be a cameo, and I'm much more interested in something more long term. Like maybe something where a handful of Legion members have to be in the past for some reason.

Given the fact that Bart is in the past, he's much younger than Jon would have to be by his time, and this is very much a capital T teen drama, I'm thinking there's a fairly reasonable chance that teen Jon may be the go-to. So we may get like a 3 or 4 year old Jon in the present, and a 16 or 17 year old Jon coming from the future.

Comics, yes. Current day stuff, not really no. And I hope to God that Weisman and company don't go the route Bendis has. Jon deserves better than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Comics, yes. Current day stuff, not really no.
    Well yeah they're notorious for being behind on the comics, but I have to imagine with the head of DC media's documented focus on IP synergy and the Legion being an IP DC really wants to get off the ground, there's at least a chance. I mean, it was confirmed that they changed the character designs to look closer to the DC animated movies because of this synergy push, so there's that, right?

And the show has never made use of any hero younger than 13 (outside of the extremely special case of Captain Marvel). If there is no present day timeskip, and time trail is the only option to see an active hero Jon, then given the Legion member in the picture's physical appearance, it's more likely to me that if Jon were their Superboy then he'd be similarly aged.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Mighty Member

Given Conner's importance on Young Justice, I have to imagine any Legion stuff will involve him, not Jon.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Given Conner's importance on Young Justice, I have to imagine any Legion stuff will involve him, not Jon.
    Why not both?

Jon would more or less function as Conner's "Mon-El" in this instance while also being a direct testament to Conner's legacy as Superboy.

The fact that a whole episode was dedicated to the League's kids, and Jon was borderline a reveal in that episode has me thinking there's a ok chance of it especially since chances of a 10 year time jump are less than likely at this point.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 08-27-2019 at 03:06 PM.

Well yeah they're notorious for being behind on the comics, but I have to imagine with the head of DC media's documented focus on IP synergy and the Legion being an IP DC really wants to get off the ground, there's at least a chance. I mean, it was confirmed that they changed the character designs to look closer to the DC animated movies because of this synergy push, so there's that, right?
    Pretty sure that's cuz of budget cuts.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    Pretty sure that's cuz of budget cuts.
    Was that confirmed? What I saw confirmed was that they used assets to synergize visually the animated films.

I mean, lets not all make this into a whole thing, since it's little more than observations and theories that have no real chance of getting answered for at least a year or two.

Mighty Member

Why not both?

Jon would more or less function as Conner's "Mon-El" in this instance while also being a direct testament to Conner's legacy as Superboy.

The fact that a whole episode was dedicated to the League's kids, and Jon was borderline a reveal in that episode has me thinking there's a ok chance of it especially since chances of a 10 year time jump are less than likely at this point.
    If it was just Jon being set up, maybe, but if all the kids are being set up, they are most likely going to use all the kids. I definitely think Super Sons is way more likely, fortunately. Damian has been teased, Jon has been teased. So Super Sons.

As it is, Young Justice doesn't follow the comics that closely. Conner's main romantic interest is Miss Martian, Zatanna's father is Dr Fate, Bart doesn't come from the 30th century, and Wally died instead of Barry, just to name a few. Not to mention that the name of the show Young Justice does not reflect the spirit of the original comic. The writers seem to like referencing aspects of DC Continuity, but they aren't beholden to it.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers