Page 46 of 62 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    If it was just Jon being set up, maybe, but if all the kids are being set up, they are most likely going to use all the kids. I definitely think Super Sons is way more likely, fortunately. Damian has been teased, Jon has been teased. So Super Sons.

As it is, Young Justice doesn't follow the comics that closely. Conner's main romantic interest is Miss Martian, Zatanna's father is Dr Fate, Bart doesn't come from the 30th century, and Wally died instead of Barry, just to name a few. Not to mention that the name of the show Young Justice does not reflect the spirit of the original comic. The writers seem to like referencing aspects of DC Continuity, but they aren't beholden to it.
    But by that very same logic it could just as well not follow a path that leads to Super Sons, right? What I'm saying is that pieces are visible and possible, but we can't really rule something out. For as many insistence of them not following the comics, there a indeed events where they do (Aqualad/Aquaman came out as not straight, Jason died, Superman and Lois have a son named Jon Kent, etc)

What I think can be counted on is that, whatever do, they'll put some bit of their own spin on it regardless of how close to the comics of today or the past it ends up being.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    But by that very same logic it could just as well not follow a path that leads to Super Sons, right? What I'm saying is that pieces are visible and possible, but we can't really rule something out. For as many insistence of them not following the comics, there a indeed events where they do (Aqualad/Aquaman came out as not straight, Jason died, Superman and Lois have a son named Jon Kent, etc)

What I think can be counted on is that, whatever do, they'll put some bit of their own spin on it regardless of how close to the comics of today or the past it ends up being.
    As Sam said, they do reference certain things. But they also don't follow the same path as the comics. Like Damian and Jon being the same age, and both being born considerably later than their comic book counterparts. Another is Artemis Crock being a hero, whereas in the comics she was a villain. And last I saw, in the comics, Jefferson didn't have kids but cousins. In Young Justice, both girls are his young daughters. Just a few years older than Jon and Damian.

What's more, the only push for the Legion I've seen, has been Bendis and Saturn Girl in Doomsday Clock.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    What's more, the only push for the Legion I've seen, has been Bendis and Saturn Girl in Doomsday Clock.
    Well, yeah, it would have to get off the ground first, and I'm sure regardless of if they use Jon on the team or not, Young Justice will count as quite a sizable push. And before this it was characters like Mon-El and Brany being semi-regulars on Supergirl.

I mean, the Legion is clearly something they want to put some sort pf muscle behind given how they're allowing a lead up two part event (that's jam session of artist including co publisher Jim Lee) and ongoing book spearheaded by notable talent.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

I’m so far behind on Young Justice. Does the Legion get teased or was it just announced? I would not put it past this show to pull a major time jump to bring in another generation though.

Mighty Member

The events that they do don't really mean anything. You could say Robin is Batman's sidekick in the comics and he's Batman's sidekick here so it's just like in the comics, but that's such a standard thing that it is pretty meaningless. Jason is best known for being dead and revived, Weisman has always been looking for excuses to get more LBGTQ representation into his work, and Lois and Clark's son named is at this point just an easter egg.

My point is that there is enough that is unique about the Young Justice world that we can't just assume something is going to happen because comics. People were sure Wally would come back this season (myself included), because comics. Didn't happen.

I feel like the teen Jon with the Legion is what you want. Not what is actually supported by the text. And that's fine, but let's call it what it is.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I’m so far behind on Young Justice. Does the Legion get teased or was it just announced? I would not put it past this show to pull a major time jump to bring in another generation though.
    It got teased at the very end of this past season. No one is really sure how far the next time jump will be, but the creators did confirm that they'd be doing one. It being 10 or so years is unfounded at this time. The Legion sort of gives them options and flexibility in terms of how they can express time, so we're pretty up in the air

I feel like the teen Jon with the Legion is what you want. Not what is actually supported by the text. And that's fine, but let's call it what it is.
    Cool, and I feel that you don't want him in there, so you won't even entrant the possibility. Call it what it is. You're not neutral in this, so I don't get why you're trying to blow up my speculation as if you were.

What I'm saying is that it's a possibility. That's it. Did I somehow call it anything other then grasping at straws speculation that would warrant such a distinctly pointed response from you or anyone else telling me to "call it what it is?" No. So what gives? Like I said, I think it's a possibility. It's coming in at an optimal time where some sort of synergy may be in the cards. Or they may not. I couldn't possibly know, and I'm guessing neither could you or anyone else here.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 08-27-2019 at 06:19 PM.

Mighty Member

Cool, and I feel that you don't want him in there, so you won't even entrant the possibility. Call it what it is. You're not neutral in this, so I don't get why you're trying to blow up my speculation as if you were.

What I'm saying is that it's a possibility. That's it. Did I somehow call it anything other then grasping at straws speculation that would warrant such a distinctly pointed response from you or anyone else telling me to "call it what it is?" No. So what gives? Like I said, I think it's a possibility. It's coming in at an optimal time where some sort of synergy may be in the cards. Or they may not. I couldn't possibly know, and I'm guessing neither could you or anyone else here.
    Never said I was neutral, but, in this case, I'm going by what was teased, and the tease happened in a scene with Conner. Since Conner is actually a main character on the show, all signs would point to him being the Superboy who will interact with the Legion when they appear.
    Currently Reading:

Never said I was neutral, but, in this case, I'm going by what was teased, and the tease happened in a scene with Conner. Since Conner is actually a main character on the show, all signs would point to him being the Superboy who will interact with the Legion when they appear.
    And like I said before, I don't see why both can't be possible were Jon functions as a Mon-El of sorts. Conner taking on the role a mentor to a Superboy who likely grew up looking up to him because he was the previous Superboy and his uncle. It still remains about Conner, but it adds in a teen hero to be mentored (because Conner is mentally around 23 mentally)

I even think Jon showing up with the Legion as a 13 or 14 year old is in the cards. I also think just a flash forward cameo by Jon and Damian is totally possible (but not what I'd personally want to settle for) The only think I personally doubt is that they'd go for a full on 10 year time jump.

And I honestly don't want them going for that long a time skip either. The fact that we're now up to seven years is still kinda jarring. Pretty soon you'll have to start wondering why they call the show Young Justice when all the central characters aren't young anymore (though that's far from the only reason why this show probably shouldn't still be called Young Justice XD).

As for the Legion Ring. I doubt it has anything to do with Jon. I mean, I guess it's a possibility. But, as others have said, this show already plays so fast and loose with the comics continuity that literally anything could happen. Personally, as much as I love the Super Sons, I don't think I'm ready for them to step into the spotlight just yet. We already have too many characters who get set up, only for absolutely nothing to be done with them (looking at you Tim and friends). Let's give some more spotlight to the people we already have before once again dumping another roster of heroes onto the show.

Mighty Member

And like I said before, I don't see why both can't be possible were Jon functions as a Mon-El of sorts. Conner taking on the role a mentor to a Superboy who likely grew up looking up to him because he was the previous Superboy and his uncle. It still remains about Conner, but it adds in a teen hero to be mentored (because Conner is mentally around 23 mentally)

I even think Jon showing up with the Legion as a 13 or 14 year old is in the cards. I also think just a flash forward cameo by Jon and Damian is totally possible (but not what I'd personally want to settle for) The only think I personally doubt is that they'd go for a full on 10 year time jump.
    I don't think there will be a ten year time jump. I just think we're going to continue seeing Jon and Damian grow up in cameo appearances with each new season. It's more likely we'd see Mon-El or Kara with the Legion really.
    Currently Reading:

Or, Mon-El could be Mon-El. Wouldn't be the first time a character was age changed for the series. Jumping to the conclusion that a cameo that's essentially an Easter egg at this point, suddenly means that character is being shipped off to the future because a comic book writer is doing that, is way jumping the gun.

I don't think there will be a ten year time jump. I just think we're going to continue seeing Jon and Damian grow up in cameo appearances with each new season. It's more likely we'd see Mon-El or Kara with the Legion really.
    And that's a totally valid thought that totally has a chance of being the case. I'm hoping they get more than that, or at the very least a flash forward cameo episode.

I imagine the flash forward cameo is most likely given that we're still kind of waiting for Bart's subplot to resolve itself, and with the addition of time travel via the Legion, I'm guessing we'll get that. So it's possible that we'll actually just get adult Superman Jon and Batman Damian since this show has yet to do a "lets go to the future to help or stop a thing episode."

And to Blue22's point, I think the "Young" in Young Justice standing strictly for Conner's gen stopped being a thing this season. Things like Zee and Aqualad heading to the League makes it feel like the idea of the show is more so about following the lives of these kids as they grow up and become full on adults, than it is specifically about a group of young heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Or, Mon-El could be Mon-El. Wouldn't be the first time a character was age changed for the series. Jumping to the conclusion that a cameo that's essentially an Easter egg at this point, suddenly means that character is being shipped off to the future because a comic book writer is doing that, is way jumping the gun.
    Or, well, it could just be harmless speculation on comic forum.

I distinctly remember when the very idea of Jon Kent appearing in the show had people yelling at me about how unlikely it was. And all I really had to say back was "well, yeah, but it's possible, right?" I can't possibly know how they'll do it or if they'll do it, but I at the very least can say without much of any doubt that it's at least possible for something to be done.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 08-27-2019 at 07:26 PM.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Ah! Man!! If they are going to do what @superlad says they going to. That would totally suck for me. I was very much looking forward to atleast having supersons in the series. I read some where that weisman was a fan of the boys and was really hopeful. I also wanted to see the next gen form with jon, damian , tornado twins, arthur.. Etc. It would seriously suck if the just do what bendis did in comics. I mean, the show is called young justice. Sure, legion can be a part of that but will always be a background team like the justice league. It would totally suck for jon to be stuck in a team like that.
    Also, i hope they keep his first costume or atleast give him a different new costume atleast. Because the current comics ones seriously suck, the Both of them.

Anyone else notice that Jon is older already in the show? Damian is a new baby and Jon looks more like a toddler.
    I guess Damian can be artificially aged up like it's implied in the comics. I hope we get SuperSons and the other kid heroes.