Page 47 of 62 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast

Preview from Bendis

Damian saving Cats while Jon lifts Buildings. Cute
    Last edited by dietrich; 08-30-2019 at 08:27 PM.

Aw. My boy Damian looks so sad. It's okay, son. We miss Jon too.

Damian sees the imposter as well.

Soon though, he will be possessed and sound nothing like himself either.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Damian sees the imposter as well.

Soon though, he will be possessed and sound nothing like himself either.
    Either that or Damian is coming to terms with the fact that he'll never have the height or jawline Jon developed.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Anyone else notice that Jon is older already in the show? Damian is a new baby and Jon looks more like a toddler.
    I guess Damian can be artificially aged up like it's implied in the comics. I hope we get SuperSons and the other kid heroes.
    I DONT hope so...

In an EXTRA-TV Show YES, but NOT in the already crowded Young Justice TV-Series.
    AND! I would also dont like to see Jonathan gaining more powers than the YJ Conner.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Either that or Damian is coming to terms with the fact that he'll never have the height or jawline Jon developed.
    His dad is the king of jawlines and his mom is beauty personified. No matter which one he ends up taking after, I think he's good XD

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I hope bendis acknowledges and be straight about the age change. How it fundamentally changes their dynamics. Then we can truly try to ger the new dynamics going. I mean, jon and damian are two different points in their life now.i hope bendis doesn't keep this idiotic charade that everything regarding jon is the same. Treating the readers like idiots is not appreciable.
    Lastly, i hope the legion work out. Cause i don't get the appeal so far. Clark needed the legion because he was different . Jon has always been surrounded by supers. They are fundamentally different. I don't understand why jon needs to go with legion and leave the present. It doesn't add anything to the character.

Mighty Member

Of course, it doesn't. It's just laziness on Bendis's part. He clearly doesn't understand the character. It's turning Jon into pre-crisis Superboy rather than letting Jon be Jon.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I hope bendis acknowledges and be straight about the age change. How it fundamentally changes their dynamics. Then we can truly try to ger the new dynamics going. I mean, jon and damian are two different points in their life now.i hope bendis doesn't keep this idiotic charade that everything regarding jon is the same. Treating the readers like idiots is not appreciable.
    Lastly, i hope the legion work out. Cause i don't get the appeal so far. Clark needed the legion because he was different . Jon has always been surrounded by supers. They are fundamentally different. I don't understand why jon needs to go with legion and leave the present. It doesn't add anything to the character.
    Pretty sure the dynamic will be "Jon, you were my junior and now you're older... What does this mean for the Super Sons?"

"It means nothing will have to change, Damian. Now I'm off to the future. Goodbyeeeeeee"

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Pretty sure the dynamic will be "Jon, you were my junior and now you're older... What does this mean for the Super Sons?"

"It means nothing will have to change, Damian. Now I'm off to the future. Goodbyeeeeeee"
    Two weeks later;
    Legion of Superheroes has been cancelled due to low sales. But don't worry, Superman and his girlfriend Lois will definitely continue. Son? What son? Conner isn't Clark's son. See you next time!

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Two weeks later;
    Legion of Superheroes has been cancelled due to low sales. But don't worry, Superman and his girlfriend Lois will definitely continue. Son? What son? Conner isn't Clark's son. See you next time!
    Then jon joins chris kent. have great adventures as nightwing and flamebird that we will never get to read because Dc management sucks. No wonder they can't get their movie universe of the ground.
    Maybe, dc would have been better of with disney. Atleast, we might have gotten a brad bird superman movie.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Ha! This cover this hilarious, and so damn extra, but that's what's great about it haha. That's also probably the best I've seen Jon's current suit drawn.

Love this page! I'm not gonna lie, as soon as I saw the cats and the burning building I thought it could be a reference to 2016's Superman #1 where Jon burns Goldie alive, and then later in Superman issue #10 where Damian captures Jon in part because he burned Goldie alive. It comically being so damn many cats could also be in reference to Damian's affection for animals.

Whatever the case, it looks fantastic!

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Mighty Member

No, that's a creepy looking cult that Jon needs to fly far, far away from. They are literally trying to swarm him. You never want to join a club that seems to want you that badly.
    Currently Reading:

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Well, Superman does seems to be fairly bummed that they didn't ask him
    Last edited by Superlad93; 08-31-2019 at 03:02 PM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Mighty Member

Well, Bendis’s Superman has no issue with sending his child off with creepy individuals, so letting a creepy, smiling cult he’s never heard of before take Jon to a place where Superman can’t follow him probably seems like a great idea to Clark.
    Currently Reading: