Page 53 of 62 FirstFirst ... 343495051525354555657 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ARIARAIDEN View Post
    Why are people (especially americans) always equalling nudity with sexuallity! There is absoulty nothing incestious,creepy or weird when a mother (especially Lois who is very open minded!)
    and the son would see each other naked.I mean for the love god Jon was a child few issues ago! why would you sexualise something like that!
    I agree to an extent but I think the "sexualised" part comes into play because half the joke is that she was getting ready to pounce on who she thought was Clark lol

Like...this wasn't just her getting ready to take a shower and then "Whoops! Occupied!". She was a on a fucking mission XD

Why are people (especially americans) always equalling nudity with sexuallity! There is absoulty nothing incestious,creepy or weird when a mother (especially Lois who is very open minded!)
    and the son would see each other naked.I mean for the love god Jon was a child few issues ago! why would you sexualise something like that!
    I'm not going to lie. It seems weird and vaguely creepy to me (in part for the reasons Blue22 outlined above) but if you're okay with it that's fine.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Extraordinary Member

The black lingerie, she cover eyes like she didn’t use wipe his but and change his diapers
    He’s her son but a bit of a stranger as well

My point is this piece is Unexcesary but remind us that Jon is a young man now as if we would forget

I hesitate to call it creepy. Unnecessary? Yes. Unfunny? Yes. Needlessly "fanservicey" for both Lois and Jon (the latter being a literal child like...five minutes ago)? Yeah I can get behind that. But when you get down to it, it really was just Lois making a mistake that happens in households all the time (as someone with a big family...trust me...it happens). It's not like she tried to get in the shower with him even after she realized he wasn't Clark.
    Last edited by Blue22; 10-07-2019 at 07:47 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    I hesitate to call it creepy. Unnecessary? Yes. Unfunny? Yes. Needlessly "fanservicey" for both Lois and Jon (the latter being a literal child like...five minutes ago)? Yeah I can get behind that. But when you get down to it, it really was just Lois making a mistake that happens in households all the time (as someone with a big family...trust me...it happens). It's not like she tried to get in the shower with him even after she realized he wasn't Clark.
    Does your mom walk about the house in her victoria secret best like that?

America does seem a bit more conservative when it comes to nudity or even just lingerie than some places. I've never quite got it

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    America does seem a bit more conservative when it comes to nudity or even just lingerie than some places. I've never quite got it
    You're not wrong. Oddly enough, that very same crowd is fine with graphic violence because "'Murica and Gunz!" Don't ask me why.

As an American, I didn't find the scene creepy/incestuous or anything like that, just a poor attempt at humor.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Lol Nah. Nothing that bad, thankfully. But between me, my parents, and my three siblings, sometimes we end up seeing things we don't particularly wanna see. Mostly because, like Lois, forgetting to knock can be pretty common. It happens. You say sorry. Laugh about it later. Move on.

And in Lois case, it's not like she was intentionally strolling around the house in lingerie for her son. She thought Clark was in the shower and jumped the gun. Intent is the key for situations like this. If she knew Jon was the one in the shower and kept going, THEN we'd have a problem.

Extraordinary Member

Lol Nah. Nothing that bad, thankfully. But between me, my parents, and my three siblings, sometimes we end up seeing things we don't particularly wanna see. Mostly because, like Lois, forgetting to knock can be pretty common. It happens. You say sorry. Laugh about it later. Move on.

And in Lois case, it's not like she was intentionally strolling around the house in lingerie for her son. She thought Clark was in the shower and jumped the gun. Intent is the key for situations like this. If she knew Jon was the one in the shower and kept going, THEN we'd have a problem.
    I know what you mean

this scene is still annoyingly american pie for me

I am glad they are supportive, but they still seem to be so calm about him leaving and its not human its just convenient,
    Like Ric never having to face Damian Convention

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

looks like you are going out of your way to find nitpicks. Lois was in her own apartment and she wasn't expecting Jon, but Clark. I get that it's a pointless scene for cheap comedy, but saying there are incest vibes from it is unwarranted.

I am glad they are supportive, but they still seem to be so calm about him leaving and its not human its just convenient,
    Like Ric never having to face Damian Convention

Jon calling Clark "Pa" still feels...so weird.

Jon calling Clark "Pa" still feels...so weird.
    Clark himself frequently did not call his father "Pa." But did Jon ever call Clark that as a kid?

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    Clark himself frequently did not call his father "Pa." But did Jon ever call Clark that as a kid?
    No. As far as I've seen, it's always been "Dad". Hell, if I recall, it was "Dad" when Bendis first wrote him out of the story.

No. As far as I've seen, it's always been "Dad". Hell, if I recall, it was "Dad" when Bendis first wrote him out of the story.
    That's exactly what I thought. Though now I sort of want to track down where Ma and Pa Kent came from. First appearance of Superboy seems to use "Pa" and "Mother" but in all the actual Superboy comics (from a few years later) I've read, it's just "Mom" and "Dad." Admittedly, I've only read a few, since silver age Supes isn't quite to my taste.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Ma and Pa was pretty common for Clark during the modern age, honestly. Johns and Morrison in particular. Superman For All Seasons was really influential in this, and so was basically all of Johns in continuity work (especially Secret Origin).

Conner Kent even used "Ma" and "Pa." Same goes for Kara. When Conner moved back in after he came back to life, Martha made sure he called her "Ma". Also, the DCAU had Clark and Kara call them Ma and Pa.

I'm not really seeing the big deal when it comes to Jon. He switches between "pa" and "dad". Bendis is kind of just following Johns' lead, and making it a Kent family specific verbal tic.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.