Page 6 of 62 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Really good issue, a lot of negative responses in this thread are expected. I don't think some of you would have been happy with whatever Bendis wrote.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Really good issue, a lot of negative responses in this thread are expected. I don't think some of you would have been happy with whatever Bendis wrote.
    The criticisms have nothing to do with a Bendis bias. The guy is simply marmite.

Kon93

Not,I would be,I just dont like OOC be to the point that it throws u out of the story.
    Sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Kon93 View Post
    Not,I would be,I just dont like OOC be to the point that it throws u out of the story.
    Sorry
    How is he out of character though? It's still the Jon we know and love, which just shows how much the Kents teachings instilled in him, since he still acts the same after 7 years.

Kon93

How is he out of character though? It's still the Jon we know and love, which just shows how much the Kents teachings instilled in him, since he still acts the same after 7 years.

That is NOT the Jon we KNEW and LOVED

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    yeah! well, i imagine the artists might not be too pleased with how they got this Jon.
    Without them saying so, they is no way to know this for sure. The art in this issue was fantastic, particularly the reunions scenes.

Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    Without them saying so, they is no way to know this for sure. The art in this issue was fantastic, particularly the reunions scenes.

You got that right,the art was great

Quote Originally Posted by Kon93 View Post
    That is NOT the Jon we KNEW and LOVED
    Eh, I enjoyed the character during rebirth and I am still interested in him as a teen.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

No, kid jon was atrocious. The dialogues were weird.jon felt like a caricature of a kid.
    Jon's dialogues did not flow. Still characterisation was ok. Jon standing upto Lobo was cool.

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    I was not talking about the comic issue art. But a fan art. From what i gathered, Major opinion among jon fans is that, "they don't care for this predicament " (i could be wrong) .so there is a larger chance of a fan artist to not like this situation as well because she/he is a fan. And i did say this my imaginary scenario.

I’ll admit that Bendis is very hit or miss for me, haven’t checked the recent Supes issues. I’m just worried that Jon is gonna get Chris Kent’d, aging him too much seems a misstep when there’s already a Teen Superboy imo.

Astonishing Member

Hasn't some fan art depicted Jon older? It may not be this specific since this is the first time we've had a good look at him but it shows that they are interested in an older version regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    I’ll admit that Bendis is very hit or miss for me, haven’t checked the recent Supes issues. I’m just worried that Jon is gonna get Chris Kent’d, aging him too much seems a misstep when there’s already a Teen Superboy imo.
    That won't happen because unlike Chris, Jon actually has a fanbase and a built history. Did the writers who created Chris actually have long term plans for him? I don't think so.

They are. Heck! I wanted it. But, they wanted it as future version of jon, alternate versions for now. Then when he becomes stable part of the mythos. After that yeah! An older jon would have been cool.
    This particular artist was drawing earth10 jon i think

I’d have taken it as a future elseworlds story as a counterpart to Batman 666 (not necessarily in that universe) but I won’t be too negative for now. I think they’d have aged it like 13 years if they wanted him to join teams imo.

At least he’s not evil