Page 62 of 62 FirstFirst ... 12525859606162

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    He was actually accusing jon of losing his virginity before him. That's why he was blushing. Not because he was hugged.The hug just irritated him. It did the same in morrison's book.
    Damian asking that is as out of character as the blush

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    I'm letting it slide because it's Jon's first time seeing him in...*shudders* seven years...I'd wanna hug my best friend against their will too if I'd gone through all the **** he did. As for Damian blushing, the closest I'm seeing to a "blush" is that last panel where he accuses Kylo Jon of being Leviathan (God, do I wish that had been the case) which was after Jon had already let him go.

(And, as much as I hate that issue as a whole, I did really like later on when Damian was the one to hug him.)
    That's the part I'm talking about too. It makes no sense. Why the Blush ? Why the accusation of being Leviathan. It's just verbal diarrhoea

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Hang on! I think jon is hugging damian in morrison's book also because he is leaving with the corps.it's a goodbye hug.
    yeah I believe that's poking fun on the break up of the duo. The end of Supersons

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Damian asking that is as out of character as the blush
    Well, if i remember correctly i saw or read somewhere of damian accusing bruce of not being careful enough or asking him to be. Something like that. So, damian can be blunt. And he didn't actually say it in Bendis's comic.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 12-09-2019 at 06:20 PM.

I know I've sang this tune before but I cant help it the more current comics continue the more and more the age up just seems so cheap and unnecessary. It adds nothing to the current plot. Everything that's happening within the Superman world right now could still be happening with an 11 year old Jon. This is just such a huge ass stain on an already mediocre run...

Also Legion is so fucking cluttered I get that's kind of the point but the book is just kind of hard to keep up with.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I know I've sang this tune before but I cant help it the more current comics continue the more and more the age up just seems so cheap and unnecessary. It adds nothing to the current plot. Everything that's happening within the Superman world right now could still be happening with an 11 year old Jon. This is just such a huge ass stain on an already mediocre run...

Also Legion is so fucking cluttered I get that's kind of the point but the book is just kind of hard to keep up with.
    Nah. Don't worry. You're among good company in the "Will not shut up about Jon" club. It always sucks when a character you really like is changed in a way that makes you want nothing to do with them. Bendis did that to Carol Danvers and Jean Grey too. And Tom King did it to Wally West....and Tynion did it to Stephanie Brown.

Thankfully those changes passed and, in Wally, Steph, and Carol's cases, didn't last long. But what's going on with Jon right now...this is definitely gonna stick for a while, if not forever.

So not much else to do but complain on message boards, write/read fanfiction, remember the good times, and avoid Superbooks like the plague xD

At least, thanks to DCeased, the old Jon went out on an EPIC note.
    Last edited by Blue22; 12-18-2019 at 05:00 PM.

Jon using aquaman's trident might lead to something. I am calling it now. #Jon4kingoftheseas.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Same to you. Happy Christmas!

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Anyone here catch that little bit in about how Jon and Mon-El have some sort of connection in Legion of Super-Heroes issue 5?

It said "Mon-El comes clean about his connection to Jon". Dispenser of Truth came up with the really solid theory that Mon-El is simply Jon's descendant in the 31st century. That makes sense, and it sort of recreates takes inspiration from Laurel Kent (Clark's silver age descendant from the 31st century). She ended up having to come clean with Clark too. And this tweet from Bendis seems to imply that Mon-El is no longer from the 21st century (https://twitter.com/BRIANMBENDIS/sta...97441087893505)

That said, I did get a fairly clear look at his tag--after using a mirror and reading it upside down-- that Lar Gand is still his real name with Mon-El being his alias. He's also still from Daxam, and he's still vulnerable to led. Granted, this doesn't actually change the above theory. Maybe he took a 23 and me test and found out that he's actually a member of the house of El, and that inspires him to take the alias and Jon the Legion?

Or maybe Mon-El's ancestors were set free when Jon beat up all the slavers on Daxam in issue 7 of Superman? Now as a show of respect Mon-El takes the name El? That might also explain why the UP is based on Daxam? It's the spot of Jon's first galactic super feat. It's almost like All Star Superman in how something relatively average for our hero ends up getting greater meaning ascribed to it generations down the line. For the people of Daxam it was the moment that changed their lives, but for Jon it was a Tuesday.

Or the old origin could be back in place where Clark finds him when he's Superboy? Then again, Bendis did say that the character's still around from the 21st century wouldn't be anyone we've seen before, and we've obviously seen a Mon-El from the 21st century before.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.