Page 8 of 62 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Hey! It was just a passing thought i had. I didn't think it through. Besides, i don't care either way as long as he is badass, now. If bendis makes him good, he is.otherwise he will be bad. I heard good is the new bad now. So, the reverse might also be true. I mean, It worked for harley quinn didn't it.And also people still idiotically calling for prime time. Everytime some superman looking dubious thing appears.
    I sincerely apologies if I sounded too harsh. Hopefully you, and everyone else, find something to enjoy about Jon from here on.

It's a rough transition, and, full disclosure, I'm getting used to the whole idea same as everyone. I'm all for continuing to explore the family dynamic and Jon possibly being Superman freakin Secondus. That whole interview really got me jazzed about the kid's story.

I floated the idea in the actual Superman issue #7 thread: what if age has brought new powers for Jon? Bendis has a history of giving a new character in a legacy line a new power or two. Miles and Peter are the example I'm specifically thinking about. Miles has all of Peter's powers, but he also has two other powers all his own.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    I'm not the one you have to convince. I'm fine with the changes, I flip-flop a bit on Jon being aged up and Lois' behaviour , but I trust Bendis more than others do. At the same time, having the experience with him as a Marvel fan, I understand their concerns and Bendis is one of those marmite "road paved to hell with good intentions" writers. Sometimes he will execute things sloppily and he should be called to court on that.
    Once again, my apologies. It wasn't direct towards anyone in particular, but rather the very notion of putting an asterisk on worry that's been put to bed.

I totally appreciate your stance since I've been making my way through his Marvel work. I can comfortably say there's been some shockingly bad choices, and flat out inspired ideas back there.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 01-16-2019 at 02:52 PM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    I sincerely apologies if I sounded too harsh. Hopefully you, and everyone else, find something to enjoy about Jon from here on.

It's a rough transition, and, full disclosure, I'm getting used to the whole idea same as everyone. I'm all for continuing to explore the family dynamic and Jon possibly being Superman freakin Secondus. That whole interview really got me jazzed about the kid's story.

I floated the idea in the actual Superman issue #7 thread: what if age has brought new powers for Jon? Bendis has a history of giving a new character in a legacy line a new power or two. Miles and Peter are the example I'm specifically thinking about. Miles has all of Peter's powers, but he also has two other powers all his own.

Once again, my apologies. It wasn't direct towards anyone in particular, but rather the very notion of putting an asterisk on worry that's been put to bed.

I totally appreciate your stance since I've been making my way through his Marvel work. I can comfortably say there's been some shockingly bad choices, and flat out inspired ideas back there.
    I rather Jon be a technical fighter and tactician with fluctating powers(scar on his face) feuled by emotions . For some reason with his new costume,i want jon to be more like wonder woman and future trunks . So he will be good at weapons(sword) and junk. He would be a great hand to hand fighter. He might have learned to control his solar flare. New power thing is not needed other that.
    These are just my head canons ofcourse.

Astonishing Member

Is Jon going to join the Legion of Super-Heroes? I can't think of any other reason they'd age him up like this, since it would only compound the problem of having two Superboys. But Conner Kent in the present day, and Jon Kent in the future with the Legion, that could work.

The big problem there though, is how it affects Clark and Lois' personal lives. What will they tell all of their friends, family, neighbors, Jon's school? Will it just be glossed over?

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Is Jon going to join the Legion of Super-Heroes? I can't think of any other reason they'd age him up like this, since it would only compound the problem of having two Superboys. But Conner Kent in the present day, and Jon Kent in the future with the Legion, that could work.

The big problem there though, is how it affects Clark and Lois' personal lives. What will they tell all of their friends, family, neighbors, Jon's school? Will it just be glossed over?
    At this point, I'd find that pretty unlikely. I think all the legion connections will be with whatever goes on with Conner.

Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Eh, I enjoyed the character during rebirth and I am still interested in him as a teen.

I am 2,but he is fundamentally different now.

Kon93

2 things

You guys are acting like because bendis acting like a good kid still that he wont flip and be the worst thing that ever lived,you know that's how most writers sneak this **** up on readers.

Powerwise he doesn't need new powers,he is able to tap out over his dad's tap out level,just give him that and control over his solar flare,he is a beast that way.

If he stays this age I'm going with HIM going to the future,not SB.i do think the legion link will start in the YJ book,but it will end with older Jon going with them.

Honestly I really see Bendis treating the Jon age thing the sameway he treated Iceman coming out as gay. He just did it with no plan in mind and then left it for some other author to clean up. He'll do his little arc probably have a Superboy vs Superboy showdown then leave it up in the air and say Deuces!

Also this whole story is just full of plot holes why the **** would overprotective Clark and Lois let Jon go off into space with a complete stranger, when they were barely comfortable letting him hang with Damien. That's number 1 and 2 didn't Lois say Jon hit puberty so why is she acting suprised, and again what parent leaves their son with a complete STRANGER IN SPACE?

Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Also this whole story is just full of plot holes why the **** would overprotective Clark and Lois let Jon go off into space with a complete stranger, when they were barely comfortable letting him hang with Damien. That's number 1 and 2 didn't Lois say Jon hit puberty so why is she acting suprised, and again what parent leaves their son with a complete STRANGER IN SPACE?

That's how I see it also,just with some good moments here and there to make not totally terrible

Superbros

Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Superbros

See now that is cool as hell,big ass family that's what I like.

These guys on 1 side,and kara,karen,linda,lana,and cir on the other.

Am I the only one who loves and sees the potential in aged Jon?
    There are so many possibilities if the writer does care for the Superman family.The friendship with Damian can be easily as strong as before!
    There are so many duos and groups who have strong chemistry even if there is a age gap so people should be patient and hope the writers
    stick to that what makes Superman family so likeable!

Quote Originally Posted by ARIARAIDEN View Post
    Am I the only one who loves and sees the potential in aged Jon?
    There are so many possibilities if the writer does care for the Superman family.The friendship with Damian can be easily as strong as before!
    There are so many duos and groups who have strong chemistry even if there is a age gap so people should be patient and hope the writers
    stick to that what makes Superman family so likeable!
    Should have just made him 13 or 14, same dramatic implications for Lois and Clark, but going all the way to 17 was too far. Yeah they’ll probably try teaming him and Damian up again but I’m not interested. Now I imagine there is only one more Jon and Damian story left worth telling and that’s seeing Robin’s reaction to what’s become of his friend. After that it’s hard to justify putting them together. It’d be like reverting Dick Grayson back to being a 13 year old Robin but still expecting him to be best friends with a 25 year old Wally West Flash.

I would not be surprised if we get a Jon Kent "Lost in Space" series in the Wonder Comics imprint once this settles. We'll get the broad outlines if his journey in the next few issues, but obviously with 7 years of story hanging out there it's going to be told. I think there's an amazing potential for a series there. And it lets you get the development of Jon from Superboy to this "Superman" that came back.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I would not be surprised if we get a Jon Kent "Lost in Space" series in the Wonder Comics imprint once this settles. We'll get the broad outlines if his journey in the next few issues, but obviously with 7 years of story hanging out there it's going to be told. I think there's an amazing potential for a series there. And it lets you get the development of Jon from Superboy to this "Superman" that came back.
    That is no substitute for establishing a character for years at particular age and having time skips , like what usually happens in comics. I doubt, Jon will get a solo series. He was not marketable enough to warrant a series back then.I do not see a surge of popularity right now to warrant it. As a matter of fact, it is the reverse Jon might be losing fans. Yeah! It has potential. But, i doubt current management thinks it will make money for them.
    i am starting to get the feeling that, they just want to get rid of him. Like Wally. And Wally was the flash for 20 years. Jon does not have that kind of backing. They are stuck with Wally,no matter what. I wish i could say the same for Jon.
    And no matter what anyone says i don't think Didio cares for Jon. Sure, he may like the money and marketability of the character. But i don't think he cares for anything Geoff Johns wanted with rebirth. And i do believe Jon was more Jurgens and Johns than Jurgens and Didio.Didio seems to be too obsessed with silver age and making DC marvel—lite.Ofcourse, these are my speculations. I do not intend any disrespect and i am a little frustrated with this predicament . But, i don't think Didio's DC is all that great and has been largely a dud for me.